No More Bronco Built In Navigation After May 2nd

jstenger

Just read online that Ford will stop installing built in navigation after May 2nd because of chip shortages. They also said that a retrofit afterwards will not be available. Do you think Ford will offer a discount? I have an OBX with the Lux package on order and it was part of that package, so it's not like I could just remove the navigation part of my order.

I don't know if I would believe it just yet. I read another article that quoted someone from Ford saying that there are currently no plans of shipping Bronco sans chips.

Not sure what to believe. I guess I'm not going to worry about it until I hear something official from Ford.

I hope it isn’t true, because as someone else has pointed out, the Bronco is marketed as an adventure vehicle, where you might go where there is no cellular service to provide navigation by phone, but a lot of things Ford is doing now isn’t making a lot of a sense to me, so who knows. 

55 minutes ago, tbone said:

I hope it isn’t true, because as someone else has pointed out, the Bronco is marketed as an adventure vehicle, where you might go where there is no cellular service to provide navigation by phone, but a lot of things Ford is doing now isn’t making a lot of a sense to me, so who knows. 

I’m sure there are tens of thousands of Bronco buyers who don’t want built in navigation anyway.  Those that do can wait.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, akirby said:

I’m sure there are tens of thousands of Bronco buyers who don’t want built in navigation anyway.  Those that do can wait.

Perhaps, but there’s no indication that it will be added back and if you’re a reservation holder how far out can you push your reservation. Why can’t they leave it as an option and you just have to wait as long as it takes with your order in the queue.

38 minutes ago, tbone said:

Perhaps, but there’s no indication that it will be added back and if you’re a reservation holder how far out can you push your reservation. Why can’t they leave it as an option and you just have to wait as long as it takes with your order in the queue.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

That’s what I thought they were doing.

The word is it is removed from all trims for Job 2.  It’s unclear what will happen after the 22 model year or if it can be added back.  Time will tell I guess.