Ohhhh great. driving in mountains, truck is in some kind of limp mode.

So  Truck is in some kind of limp mode where it is severely underpowered, I am  Creeping  through the Mountains. I don't have my scan tool with me but the error comes upThat advanced track has a fault.

It has turned off all drive modes And traction control and and made this where it is extremely slow.

1st chance I get to find a scanner I will stop and get one and make it to a dealership book is to a dealership but does anybody have Any ideas on how I could reset this or clear the fault just to get me where I'm going at a non prius speed.

20220415_161216.jpg

20220415_161048.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
Crappy spelling
  • Sad 2

I made it to the campground.

The truck would run into all rpm ranges but had absolutely no takeoff power.   So with no traction control I had to put it in the manual and keep the rpm's up. Before going into the next gear or it would bog down and and limp its way backup into a usable rpm range. Which I understand that because with no traction control they would want to limit the power going into these trucks because it is a lot of horsepower and torque especially if you have the 430 rear end like I do. Without any traction control in snow or even rain it would spin like crazy and would be dangerous around turns. I turned off all traction control and stability once before, even barely touching the throttle it would break loose like crazy in gravel (that was before the pedal monster). With all traction off and a pedal monster at 25% the truck would be undriveable in mud/snow/sand or gravel.

But it is dry and I had a lot of weight on the back So not too worried about traction control on warm dry pavement.

I did pull over to the side of the road and try turning off, back on several times and that did not do anything.

But after unhooking the camper I hopped in the truck to move the truck out of the campground road and the fault went away.

I guess I need to go buy a scan tool then swing by the dealership this week.

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

2 hours ago, danielj said:

Have you tried shutting the truck off and back on?  Also open the door or something to cut accessory power to stuff like the radio. Maybe the old school unhook the battery? 

I found this as well. 

https://www.repairsmith.com/i/blog/how-to-check-engine-light-codes-without-a-scanner/

Thank you for posting this Daniel I will read into this tonight..... If things would have gotten any worse I would have been on the side of the road reading it , thanks again for the post!?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, So driving around in the mountains and back home with the camper I put a 1000 miles on the truck and the error/fault did not come back, I don't know what happened what caused it but Seems to be just A one time deal, it happens again I will take it back to the dealership.

I did get several evaporation system and loose gas cap error/faults, but that is because of how I vented myAuxiliary tank With my Oem tank which I will fix that.

Hey IUEC135elevator;  I'm pretty sure these trucks keep those codes tucked down deep.  Would it be a idea to have a dealer get those hidden codes?  I've had 4 gas superdutys before my new 2022 King 350 and never saw a check engine light or even knew they had limp mode.  Your experience must be a little stressful.  Rob

If you have Fordpass enabled anyone who has access to PTS can see codes that have set within the last 90 days. I know a few people on this forum have access, but not sure how willing some would be to help out with that. Some of us *cough*me*cough* have nothing better to do with our time than look up this stuff on PTS so feel free to send over your VIN and I can look into what set at least. No guarantees that I can make any sort of diagnosis, but I can at least look up the codes that set.

• Like 1

What you see in Ford Pass is a very basic version of what Ford employees and technicians can see. The Ford diagnostic website has a very detailed report of every code that sets and when it set, but only certain Ford dealer and corporate employees have access to it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sceve said:

What you see in Ford Pass is a very basic version of what Ford employees and technicians can see. The Ford diagnostic website has a very detailed report of every code that sets and when it set, but only certain Ford dealer and corporate employees have access to it. 

I'm going to miss that once I retire :(