The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

ice-capades

2022 Ford Explorer, F-150 Among Vehicles Waiting For Chips

19 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

People forget that prior to Covid, it was normal for a dealer to have 60-90 day supply of vehicles on hand.  That's two to three months.

I didn’t forget.  If I special order a vehicle I do not want it sitting in a holding lot for 3-6 months.  That’s my choice and I doubt I am the only one.  Plus if you read above, the truth is, vehicles that sit on dealer lots are not left in the same spot for months on end and they are washed on a regular basis.  That’s the point and there is no debating it but yet you have members on this forum that will debate it for whatever reason.  

34 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I didn’t forget.  If I special order a vehicle I do not want it sitting in a holding lot for 3-6 months.  That’s my choice and I doubt I am the only one.  Plus if you read above, the truth is, vehicles that sit on dealer lots are not left in the same spot for months on end and they are washed on a regular basis.  That’s the point and there is no debating it but yet you have members on this forum that will debate it for whatever reason.  

Fact - it doesn’t cause any permanent damage.  Vehicles are designed and built to be outside 24/7.

If you don’t like it and don’t want to accept delivery that’s up to you.

Other people wouldn’t care and that’s also perfectly fine.

37 minutes ago, akirby said:

Fact - it doesn’t cause any permanent damage.  Vehicles are designed and built to be outside 24/7.

If you don’t like it and don’t want to accept delivery that’s up to you.

Other people wouldn’t care and that’s also perfectly fine.

Fact - it can cause permanent damage especially considering the thin paint/clear coat layer these days that prevents remediation with paint correction methods.  So if it’s sitting outside in the elements for months without any attention (acid rain for instance is a thing), it would most certainly cause damage that cannot be corrected without a repaint.  Again, some won’t care, I’ve already acknowledged that.  Read up…

That’s not the debate here anyway, vehicles sitting at random holding lots is different than sitting on dealer lots.  Fact.  

Agree to disagree and move on.

51 minutes ago, akirby said:

Agree to disagree and move on.

Fact

18 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Fact

What part of move on was unclear?

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

What part of move on was unclear?

You may want to get your sarcasm detector checked out.  

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

You may want to get your sarcasm detector checked out.  

You might not want to be a douchebag either to a moderator 

19 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

You might not want to be a douchebag either to a moderator 

You might not want to be a douchebag either as a moderator.  Name calling, that must be in the moderator handbook.  

17 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

You might not want to be a douchebag either as a moderator.  Name calling, that must be in the moderator handbook.  

enjoy the vacation

4 hours ago, mackinaw said:

People forget that prior to Covid, it was normal for a dealer to have 60-90 day supply of vehicles on hand.  That's two to three months.

And that's not including the 30-90 days of supply waiting to be shipped to dealers as well