Fiesta may return as EV

https://insideevs.com/news/676527/ford-not-rule-out-bringing-back-fiesta-vw-meb-based-ev/

So are we going back to cars again? Or will this be some form of crossover with the fiesta badge if it comes to market? Very odd for Ford of Europe to say they have no plans for a ev fiesta, and then to say only a few months later that they're considering it. Maybe they realize that the fiesta is one of their "icons" and shouldn't be abandoned. 

4 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

https://insideevs.com/news/676527/ford-not-rule-out-bringing-back-fiesta-vw-meb-based-ev/

So are we going back to cars again? Or will this be some form of crossover with the fiesta badge if it comes to market? Very odd for Ford of Europe to say they have no plans for a ev fiesta, and then to say only a few months later that they're considering it. Maybe they realize that the fiesta is one of their "icons" and shouldn't be abandoned. 

Going by comments in the article they didn't confirm or deny anything. 

44 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Ford has a long history of saying we aren't going to do this and then a few months later saying we are doing this lol.  As an old forum poster 2b2 used to say "if Ford says it, it's only true for that day, it will probably change later on"

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

Ford has a long history of saying we aren't going to do this and then a few months later saying we are doing this lol.  As an old forum poster 2b2 used to say "if Ford says it, it's only true for that day, it will probably change later on"

I wonder what happened to that guy!  Hope he's ok!

26 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I wonder what happened to that guy!  Hope he's ok!

I am friends with him on facebook he's still around but seems to be in a rut or something posts a lot of angry political stuff on facebook in his usual typing manner.  I know he got really fed up on FIN with another poster and just gave up on forums all together I think.  Every once and a while I get a hi and a question from him regarding computers or cars but not much else.

2 hours ago, Andrew L said:

I am friends with him on facebook he's still around but seems to be in a rut or something posts a lot of angry political stuff on facebook in his usual typing manner.  I know he got really fed up on FIN with another poster and just gave up on forums all together I think.  Every once and a while I get a hi and a question from him regarding computers or cars but not much else.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that forum.  That place got deader than a doornail.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 9:35 AM, DeluxeStang said:

Cars, no cars. I don't hold my breath over things like that.