No More Keypad?

chukeeee

I use mine often in extremes of temperature to keep the engine and either heat or A/C running with the key in the ignition. I can lock or unlock the Ranger or the Mariner from the key pad when running a short errand. My Flex and Escape both had Intelligent Access fobs, and I often would leave the fob in the center console and use the keypad.

• ice-capades changed the title to No More Keypad?

Need sunglasses out of my wife’s car? Keypad.  It comes in handy. It’s even more important with phone as key. I’ve not used the fob, except for service, since the day I brought my Lightning home (and same for my Mach-E prior).  The keypad gives me confidence that if my phone dies, breaks, or is stolen/lost I can still drive home. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sullynd said:

Need sunglasses out of my wife’s car? Keypad.  It comes in handy. It’s even more important with phone as key. I’ve not used the fob, except for service, since the day I brought my Lightning home (and same for my Mach-E prior).  The keypad gives me confidence that if my phone dies, breaks, or is stolen/lost I can still drive home. 

I started and drove my Nautilus with no key and no phone just as a test.  Enter the keypad code then enter the password and you’re off.  

I also use it to get stuff out of the vehicle.  Not to mention never being locked out.  Folks that don’t use it don’t know what they’re missing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, akirby said:

I started and drove my Nautilus with no key and no phone just as a test.  Enter the keypad code then enter the password and you’re off.  

I also use it to get stuff out of the vehicle.  Not to mention never being locked out.  Folks that don’t use it don’t know what they’re missing.

This is why it pisses me off that they have been removing them.   I hope they will reconsider this trend as well.