Anyone-er the couple of you who watch Nascar😎-notice the absence of the Ford "Script" on the car bumpers, replaced by  "FORD" in block letters??  Some  high priced marketer must have made that decision🤔

Hopefully that doesn't spread when you have one of the most recognized logos world wide..you would think.

Watch a race..the id on bumper was script, it is now block letters  also other id that always was script logo, no longer, now block letters.

And I do believe that is not current "Mustang" wrapper, it is last years.

17 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Watch a race..the id on bumper was script, it is now block letters  also other id that always was script logo, no longer, now block letters.

And I do believe that is not current "Mustang" wrapper, it is last years.

Bob,

I'm seeing a blue oval w/script on the upper-left corner of the windshield, the fake MI license plate on the back bumper has block letters, the side panels just in front of the rear tires has the block Ford Performance logo (performance in red, small letters, hard to see).

The grill has the horse.

HRG

8 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Bob,

I'm seeing a blue oval w/script on the upper-left corner of the windshield, the fake MI license plate on the back bumper has block letters, the side panels just in front of the rear tires has the block Ford Performance logo (performance in red, small letters, hard to see).

The grill has the horse.

HRG

H,

Yes, its the rear bumper that I noticed the minute the season started. Versus record so far 🤔, a minor detail, but seemed like a dumb move.  Would GM get rid of the bow tie?

5 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

H,

Yes, its the rear bumper that I noticed the minute the season started. Versus record so far 🤔, a minor detail, but seemed like a dumb move.  Would GM get rid of the bow tie?

Got it. Honestly, I'm a fan of the MI retro 1965-style Water Winter Wonderland plate design they brought back a couple of years ago.

HRG

20 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

H,

Screenshot from Sunday shows that they took the oval off the front hood and put a sponsor name on. Castrol Edge.

Kansas.JPG

2 hours ago, Xbar said:

Screenshot from Sunday shows that they took the oval off the front hood and put a sponsor name on. Castrol Edge.

Kansas.JPG

Mustangs don't have blue oval Ford logos on the front, just the pony. The blue oval is on the windshield for cup cars next to the driver name.

• 2 weeks later...

Some TV shows past and present will show the blue oval and the Ford script letters inside, while others will show the oval slightly blurred but recognizable, but totally blur out the "Ford" script letters. But yet these shows will show the Chevy bowtie! Uh hello, we know the bowtie is Chevy and we know the blue oval is Ford! I'm thinking about doing a discussion about Ford in TV and film. I believe it is the most prominent make ever. This is partly due to the Crown Vic where art imitated life. One observation from watching the old Highway Patrol (HP) and Perry Mason shows is that there are an abnormal amount of Buicks in them, including the first season or two of HP where the police cars were Buicks. In subsequent seasons Mercury police cruisers are used often as well. There are no Ford and Chevy police cruisers. And usually the bad guys used Chrysler Corp. vehicles! All panel vans and pickup trucks were Fords, but larger trucks appeared to be Internationals, but I'm not sure.  I could go on and on, but I won't now. But speaking of Buicks, did New York detectives really use unmarked Buicks as in the days of "Kojak?"  Anybody know?  If Ford ever abandons using the blue oval, it will be a marketing failure and I would call it corporate sabotage!!