Impala going rear wheel drive in 2009

Blue Oval Staff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they would put a body like the 427 on the Panther frame. It would reinvigorate the panther line while Ford develops a replacement. I still believe it has to be cheaper and quicker to design a new body on an existing chassis than it is to do a new car from scratch

That waistline and hood would suit the "Mod Boss" perfectly.

That's one tough car.

Sorry Guys, I got sick of talking about GM styling.

I recon Ford AUS could do the 427 on a "LWB Orion" (not planned as yet).

They could also use the Falcon's 111" WB for a Thunderbird coupe using that nose.

I think that wold kill GM Zeta for looks:

ford-427-1617.jpg

I absolutely love that concept. That car makes me cum everytime I see it.... If it was offered only as a 4-door I'd be on it... But I would like to see it as a coupe.... And no matter what, with the Thunderbird name on it.

post-10-1164343180_thumb.jpgpost-10-1164343205_thumb.jpg

Edited by Watchdevil

I wish they would put a body like the 427 on the Panther frame. It would reinvigorate the panther line while Ford develops a replacement. I still believe it has to be cheaper and quicker to design a new body on an existing chassis than it is to do a new car from scratch

The 427 would gon on the Panther frame. The rear end of the frame would need completly redesigned to accept it. But it is the ass end of the Panther frame that are the oldest carry over parts most all dating to 1979. And the parts holding the cars back from really perfoming. Everything else (chassis wise) is relativly new.

The cost would have not been prohibitive no where near what some of Fords other latest offerings have been.

I imagine Ford is still kicking them selves for not making a 427 variant on the CV GM.

And the Conti show car would rounded out the flag ships quite nicley.

And yes People would have been 300 what ? Charger what ?

It would have easily added anouther 100k sales to the Panther.

Heaven forbid Ford should actually TRY to be sucsessfull.

Anouther missed opportunity.

Latly it seems that Ford passes by the concepts if put in to production would put them back on the map.

Snooze mobile's have a place. But they have produced some stunning and widly popular concepts of late only to have them go no futher. Instead we get the 500 DOH.

The three biggest missed opportunity's IMHO are the 427 the Conti and the Bronco.

All of which would have given a Ford a serious shot in the arm.

I for one can positivly say that if the 427 had been built I would now own one instead of a Charger. lso there is a better than average chance I would have bought a Bronco. If offered with a diesel then it would be a forsure.

Silly Silly Ford. heaven forbid they should do something that makes sence.

Matthew

I for one can positivly say that if the 427 had been built I would now own one instead of a Charger. lso there is a better than average chance I would have bought a Bronco. If offered with a diesel then it would be a forsure.

Silly Silly Ford. heaven forbid they should do something that makes sence.

Matthew

I saw the Bronco concept last weekend at the Charlotte International Auto Show. I was thinking to myself it should have happened. Especially now since Toyota is selling thier new FJ like crazy. Ford doesn't sell anything that looks genuinely fun and playful... Just an endless run of conservative SUV's and crossovers.

While I was at the show people were making comments that they wish Ford would actually build some of the concept vehicles they were showing. Seems even to the general public Ford has a reputation for being good at making concept cars that never see the light of day.

I saw the Bronco concept last weekend at the Charlotte International Auto Show. I was thinking to myself it should have happened. Especially now since Toyota is selling thier new FJ like crazy. Ford doesn't sell anything that looks genuinely fun and playful... Just an endless run of conservative SUV's and crossovers.

While I was at the show people were making comments that they wish Ford would actually build some of the concept vehicles they were showing. Seems even to the general public Ford has a reputation for being good at making concept cars that never see the light of day.

It almost makes you wonder why they build concept cars at all. I remember seeing the Forty-Nine and the convertible version at the Pittsburgh car shows and thinking I would buy that car. The same for the 427, Continental and Bronco. These are stand out designs that prove Ford is capable of building distinctive vehicles.