FIRINGS AT OAC

glassman

ok tell me where you are.

Don't worry, if you're on nights, I'll find you. The shipping yard would be more convenient for a "chat".

Lets put the in-plant fighting aside. We have better things to worry about such as people that are on layoff because of management bull$hit. I was upstairs and had one office worker tell me there are enough people on the floor, its MPS (manpower) that doesn't know where to put them. Personally, I would like to get my hand on the drugs that management is smoking.

Our fight is with management, not each other. Yes, the workers want this thing to get launched as much as the main company wants it. But in doing so, don't take extra work on to 'help' your supervisor. Every time you feel something hurt (strain, sprain etc) go to first aid... don't figure that you have to live with the pain. Report everything and stop the line if you don't have enough time. The only way to get the people back is by fighting the company their own way. Through ergonomics and time study. If electricians take a long time to do their work, who cares... its something that needs to get done. I would be quicker if there were two of them. More people means smoother running. Lets get that message across rather than fight with each other

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets put the in-plant fighting aside. We have better things to worry about such as people that are on layoff because of management bull$hit. I was upstairs and had one office worker tell me there are enough people on the floor, its MPS (manpower) that doesn't know where to put them. Personally, I would like to get my hand on the drugs that management is smoking.

Our fight is with management, not each other. Yes, the workers want this thing to get launched as much as the main company wants it. But in doing so, don't take extra work on to 'help' your supervisor. Every time you feel something hurt (strain, sprain etc) go to first aid... don't figure that you have to live with the pain. Report everything and stop the line if you don't have enough time. The only way to get the people back is by fighting the company their own way. Through ergonomics and time study. If electricians take a long time to do their work, who cares... its something that needs to get done. I would be quicker if there were two of them. More people means smoother running. Lets get that message across rather than fight with each other

Scuzzi, I could not agree more, time in and out if we used the same energy fighting with one another but rather getting the job done. The our biggest problem is many do not want to take any reasonablity for anything and just say not me manpower is the committeeman's job. They should be focusing/policing management to do their job before they act we would be better off as awhole as a plant.

Scuzzi, I could not agree more, time in and out if we used the same energy fighting with one another but rather getting the job done. The our biggest problem is many do not want to take any reasonablity for anything and just say not me manpower is the committeeman's job. They should be focusing/policing management to do their job before they act we would be better off as awhole as a plant.

YOU are full of shit beast, you say we should not fight between ourselves, but you take shots at your committeeman every time you post.{you hipocrite}. The company handles manpower not the union, all the union can do is try and put pressure on the company. Direct your angry and energy at the real calperates, the company, not your fellow union brothers. look in the :angrymirror:

Edited by Seneschal Fibonacci

YOU are full of shit beast, you say we should not fight between ourselves, but you take shots at your committeeman every time you post.{you hipocrite}. The company handles manpower not the union, all the union can do is try and put pressure on the company. Direct your angry and energy at the real calperates, the company, not your fellow union brothers. look in the :angrymirror:

I think the beast is mad at his committeeperson or someone else in the union, try working it out with him because the stress is not worth it.You will fell much better if you find some compormise or common ground on the issues. We are all brothers and sometimes we fight or squabble, but in the end we are still brothers.Be the better man, put your sword away and hold out your hand.---------{ not just on Sundays}

Have a great day, reflect on your thoughts.

Edited by GTBCANADIAN

I am sure the first bunch of Millwright pricks working non-mandatory overtime while tradesman laid off should be coming to the forefront very soon...as one has stated ofcourse he'll work "he has car payments" The guy who is going to post the names said he'll only do with photo proof

I have dealt with guys like you who hide behind your pen names and spew out garbage.

I don't recall bragging Foxrun.....Oh yes look it must be another one shooting insults from behind a pen name..How endearing....

Hey Colin,

From what I understand, it was YOU who was the one standing outside the gates on the weekend taking pictures of the people who did come into work. Doesn't that kind of make you the hypocrite here, who is hiding behind a pen name? You're the one who said "The guy who said he was going to post names said he wouldn't do so without photo proof"....it was YOU who was the one taking pictures, so you're the one who's hiding behind someone elses pen name here. So get the fuck off your high horse and suck it up man. You're the junior man, and its YOUR turn, stop your whining and put the soother back in your mouth and shut the fuck up.

I don't recall being anywhere near the plant on the weekend. First of all you have mistaken me for someone who is really concerned right now about the layoff, in a personal sense. There is nothing I can do about it. I have no issue taking my turn either...oops how should I refer to you...Is your first name Oakville or is it Insider...Pen names always confuse me...

By the way shut your :censored: yap ....

You obviously know who I am which is fine and the reason I post my name, but I don't think you know what I look like because you thought I was outside of the plant...By the way why were you there?

Hey Colin,

From what I understand, it was YOU who was the one standing outside the gates on the weekend taking pictures of the people who did come into work. Doesn't that kind of make you the hypocrite here, who is hiding behind a pen name? You're the one who said "The guy who said he was going to post names said he wouldn't do so without photo proof"....it was YOU who was the one taking pictures, so you're the one who's hiding behind someone elses pen name here. So get the fuck off your high horse and suck it up man. You're the junior man, and its YOUR turn, stop your whining and put the soother back in your mouth and shut the fuck up.

What were you doing??Taking photos of Colin taking pictures?? (so you say)

SF, you should learn to relax, asking questions aren't attacts it's a right. You a Fellow member being a rep should know better, blaming one is not the answer, stating the company does the manpower reenforces the problem. The union is there challenge and find a fair solution not to sit on your hands and be spoon fed. How were the job's in the bammer posted, were they like to like, or did they just get put there randomly since it's work groups by the conpany without a fight or what?. Or the last thing you would want to do is go my senority which is where you should have started in the first place but didn't. These were qustions asked.

Good Day and GOD Bless :reading:

Can't see how it matters about this past weekend, anyways.

The full dayshift was asked in, people worked including those to be laid off (the layoff was effective Midnight Sunday).

Next weekend, it is different story.

The past weekend was the last chance for layed off ST to get a decent check to compensate for their waiting period if they had holidays or Spa remaining this week. The layoff is effective Nov 27. That along with the 5 or 6 weeks it will take to get a check from EI should make for a real nice Christmas.

Well, some good news. Those 150 that got laid off last week are getting called in tomorrow. I guess they figured they can't run with too little man power. I think whoever thought to lay these guys off should get canned for their stupidity.

As for trades being layed off, I have no idea. They probably got a crap load of contractors coming in to do the trades jobs and no one realizes it.

Well, some good news. Those 150 that got laid off last week are getting called in tomorrow. I guess they figured they can't run with too little man power. I think whoever thought to lay these guys off should get canned for their stupidity.

As for trades being layed off, I have no idea. They probably got a crap load of contractors coming in to do the trades jobs and no one realizes it.

Welcome to the new and improved OAC Management staff.

Our new plant manager put this one through.......he's not an idiot like Garneau. He's been made well aware of the manpower issues at OAC and the number of problem jobs and he will adress them. A little bird told me that he put this in motion prior to him officially taking the reins this past Monday.

Welcome to the new and improved OAC Management staff.

Our new plant manager put this one through.......he's not an idiot like Garneau. He's been made well aware of the manpower issues at OAC and the number of problem jobs and he will adress them. A little bird told me that he put this in motion prior to him officially taking the reins this past Monday.

You are basing that observation on 4 days performance? I hope your right, but I've seen the "good cop, bad cop" routine before.

You are basing that observation on 4 days performance? I hope your right, but I've seen the "good cop, bad cop" routine before.

I have been trying to figure out who you are after your post about Phil Shea. Now I've got it, C.L., you never could put in those Flauk Runs right! Between you and Fish it made for some interesting Friday nights! Do you still have that cheesie moustache growing? I guess you heard about Bill Rice Passing away, he was the only one that could give you a run for that stache! I enjoy reading your posts Charles, keep up the good work and slow down on that cart before you kill me!! J.B.

I have been trying to figure out who you are after your post about Phil Shea. Now I've got it, C.L., you never could put in those Flauk Runs right! Between you and Fish it made for some interesting Friday nights! Do you still have that cheesie moustache growing? I guess you heard about Bill Rice Passing away, he was the only one that could give you a run for that stache! I enjoy reading your posts Charles, keep up the good work and slow down on that cart before you kill me!! J.B.

Gotta learn to move faster....I'm a busy guy :-)

The trades and 150 layoff are coming back? Sounds good to me. Seems that someone wants this vehicle to get built

Not all good how about the other 80 that went due to the stop of the freestar, we need to get them back too.

Edited by gulik