FIRINGS AT OAC

glassman

Ok Insider you being a non partisan person I would suggest you read this slow....It is not different because its me....I have been with Ford for many years and the influx of foreign automakers in the auto sector is increasing exponentially since 2000, that is the big difference, not recession or anything economically but more competition. As I said before I am quite willing to take a layoff. I am guessing you are in management in our plant because of your lack of understanding from the hourly perspective.

I would like to see our union stick together and finally have some solidarity, but unfortunately we are having some difficulty with cohesion. This launch of the Edge and MKX has been nothing short of a joke, by the constant demoralization of line workers and trades. If I am understanding your gibberish correctly I am assuming you would like the management and union to work together to make this vehicle successful, we did that by agreeing to the last agreement of units over 364,000. Which I state ...I did not agree to.. :stirpot:

Edited by Colin 707

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Hom is your Director of Manufacturing Operations (DOMO) and Ken Minielly former PM at Indy IIRC. The DOMO is the level of managemnt between the plant managers and the executive VPs

Well, know-it-all, as usualanother person who is spouting shit out his ass.......Ken was PM at Wayne Assembly....His last day was officially Friday, but still here Tuesday.......... :stats:

Ok Insider you being a non partisan person I would suggest you read this slow....It is not different because its me....I have been with Ford for many years and the influx of foreign automakers in the auto sector is increasing exponentially since 2000, that is the big difference, not recession or anything economically but more competition. As I said before I am quite willing to take a layoff. I am guessing you are in management in our plant because of your lack of understanding from the hourly perspective.

I would like to see our union stick together and finally have some solidarity, but unfortunately we are having some difficulty with cohesion. This launch of the Edge and MKX has been nothing short of a joke, by the constant demoralization of line workers and trades. If I am understanding your gibberish correctly I am assuming you would like the management and union to work together to make this vehicle successful, we did that by agreeing to the last agreement of units over 364,000. Which I state ...I did not agree to.. :stirpot:

We all have to remember,the whole plant has to work as one team,the bad guys are the competition,not each other.Survival is getting tougher by the day , and if you don't believe that,then you are not reading the paper properly or listening with both ears. Everybody is and has a crucial part in this puzzle place.Obvious the union is very quiet ,and I think they will pay for their silence at the next vote for all positions.How many times did I hear an informed membership, is a strong membership,heck Dale Wishnousky put out a letter stating what's going on.Hello 707 union people,we are waiting,tell us something ,lets us know ,at least throw us a bone.The rumours are flying faster than we can build. It's always sad when people get laid off , and we can hope they return soon when the V returns and stay for the people mover,so go easy guys , use your energy towards doing our job the best we can and,keep ourselves and family safe and healthy.

I'm just a humble buyer and it sounds like a lot of people posting here are Ford employees, which is great. I am very pleased at the tone of responses - Ford employees seem to really understand the need for change, and that the need for change start with management. Ford's future has always lived and died at the level of senior management, people who insisted on having their fingers in every little detail of design, quality, efficiency and costs. People at lower levels have simply had to live with those decisions, many of which have been incredibly bad over the last several year. Now it finally looks like the people at the very top and going to clean house and get rid of a lot of incompetents whose business cards say "Manager." Hopefully, Fields and Mulally will spend a lot more time listening to designers, engineers, line workers and the people within the company who love cars and care about this company.

It wasn't so long ago that Ford was leading the US industry in almost every regard. It lost that lead because the company became top heavy with managers who didn't understand squat about cars and why people buy them. They were motivated solely by financial performance and pleasing the stock market. They let the once superior product lines whither as they squeezed every last dollar out of them. They wasted a ten year lead they had with the Taurus. They killed off the technologically superior T-Bird (the big one) and dropped the great Mark VIII rather than spend a few bucks keeping up to date. Worst of all was their travesty with the Lincoln LS, very likely the most competent car FMC every built. With only modest continuing update and investment it would still be a leader in the field. Instead, they simply handed the market over to Cadillac, which was years behind them.

As the Queen said in Alice in Wonderland, "Off with their heads!" Get rid of everyone who played a role in nearly killing the company and start listening to those who fought it.

I agree with everything you stated. Also, in the nineties when we were making billions of dollars in North America, Ford would not update or redesign the Ranger. Just think how much money Ford would have saved by investing in a larger rear stabilizer and requiring better specifications for the Firestone tires for the Explorer. :doh: Build it right the first time and develop a great reputation. Stand Behind Your Product. Build it right and they (past customers) just might forgive you.

I agree with everything you stated. Also, in the nineties when we were making billions of dollars in North America, Ford would not update or redesign the Ranger. Just think how much money Ford would have saved by investing in a larger rear stabilizer and requiring better specifications for the Firestone tires for the Explorer. :doh: Build it right the first time and develop a great reputation. Stand Behind Your Product. Build it right and they (past customers) just might forgive you.

I thought that they would merge the F-150 and the Ranger, replacing them with a truck half way in between. This was back in 1996. If you wanted something bigger, then you would go to the F-250. I once bought a new F-250 4x4 because it stood higher.

As for overtime, if I did not see any overtime in my future, I would have taken the package. People working overtime will have absolutely no negative effect on anyone's re-call date. If one person turns it down, another will take it. If everyone refuses it, contractors will do it. I think that the company just wants to see some Edges and MKXs in the parking lot, and in employees' neighbourhoods. That will get people called back from lay-off. We are going to be buying lots of them, and lots of people will see them, and buy them, also. We can't buy them unless we have the money; so laid off workers should hope that we get lots of overtime.

Edited by Trimdingman

I thought that they would merge the F-150 and the Ranger, replacing them with a truck half way in between. This was back in 1996. If you wanted something bigger, then you would go to the F-250. I once bought a new F-250 4x4 because it stood higher.

As for overtime, if I did not see any overtime in my future, I would have taken the package. People working overtime will have absolutely no negative effect on anyone's re-call date. If one person turns it down, another will take it. If everyone refuses it, contractors will do it. I think that the company just wants to see some Edges and MKXs in the parking lot, and in employees' neighbourhoods. That will get people called back from lay-off. We are going to be buying lots of them, and lots of people will see them, and buy them, also. We can't buy them unless we have the money; so laid off workers should hope that we get lots of overtime.

The jobs are overloaded and not ergonomically sound. At the rate we're running, we are going to need the people back because of the number of people on restrictions from their jobs. If they want these things they need the manpower to make them

The jobs are overloaded and not ergonomically sound. At the rate we're running, we are going to need the people back because of the number of people on restrictions from their jobs. If they want these things they need the manpower to make them

There are a few bugs. A few parts need to be replaced. There is a glut of repairs. Once they are repaired, and shipped, then I believe that the manpower problem will be addressed. Why build units that you do not have the capacity to ship? Every customer deserves to have a quality product. Maybe you will have to wait another couple of weeks before you get called back. That is better than Ford getting a black eye. Your 6 figure income is not far away. Be patient.

What a crock of convoluted logic...contractors cannot work until every employee is canvassed..that would mean we would not have ANYONE on layoff, hence we could ALL buy more Ford product.

Edited by charly

So because there's competition this time around, its different? And why were there layoffs back in 1981....a date that you brought up earlier by the way. Oh that's right, because the Japanese were shipping boatloads of small fuel efficient cars to North America. We had an influx of foreign car makers, companys like Lada, Skoda Datsun Honda and Toyota. North American car companies like Jeep, AMC, Oldsmobile and Mercury. The big three at the time were very unprepared and were only making big gas guzzling cars that the people didn't want.

You really are talking out of your ass here, there is no difference between the past and the present, save for the fact that this time its you being laid off.

You also make an assumption that I would like the management and union to work together to make this vehicle succesful.....I can't remember saying that, although with your negative attitude, are you saying it will only be a success if we don't work together? Otherwise if we're on the same page, why would you bring it up in the first place?

Ok Insider for the good of the intellect in the room I will end this diatribe with you...You obviously are pessimistic and nonsensical, I don't want to get into a game of verbal tug of war with as your posts leave more confusion (subliminal Ford product pitch) than anything else.

I have dealt with guys like you who hide behind your pen names and spew out garbage. The best way to build a successful Plant is working together between 707 and management, 1 common goal.

Ok Insider for the good of the intellect in the room I will end this diatribe with you...You obviously are pessimistic and nonsensical, I don't want to get into a game of verbal tug of war with as your posts leave more confusion (subliminal Ford product pitch) than anything else.

I have dealt with guys like you who hide behind your pen names and spew out garbage. The best way to build a successful Plant is working together between 707 and management, 1 common goal.

GO COLIN GO.........

are you at work or home

diatribe, nonsensical, your thesaurus must be working O.T! :happy feet:

What a crock of convoluted logic...contractors cannot work until every employee is canvassed..that would mean we would not have ANYONE on layoff, hence we could ALL buy more Ford product.

People just getting called back from lay-off are not going to be buying any new cars for awhile. They probably have credit cards to take care of first. Ford wants these cars out there being seen in shopping malls, and driveways now. People who have not been laid off, and who are now getting overtime will be buying them right away. Telling people to turn down overtime is just cutting their own throats.

I have seen contractors doing my job, when I was not canvassed. If I catch them, and tell the union, maybe the low man in the department will get paid 6 months down the road; more probably, not.

Edited by Trimdingman

People just getting called back from lay-off are not going to be buying any new cars for awhile. They probably have credit cards to take care of first. Ford wants these cars out there being seen in shopping malls, and driveways now. People who have not been laid off, and who are now getting overtime will be buying them right away. Telling people to turn down overtime is just cutting their own throats.

I have seen contractors doing my job, when I was not canvassed. If I catch them, and tell the union, maybe the low man in the department will get paid 6 months down the road; more probably, not.

I'm sure you make sense to yourself...

I'm sure you make sense to yourself...

I make perfect sense. Logic is what I breathe. Just call me Mr. Spock. Ford workers who are not hurting, and who are getting overtime are going to soon be buying a lot of Edges. They will soon be very visible throughout the GTA. The more that they can sell in the GTA, the more money they save in shipping costs, which means higher profits. Later, the called back workers will start buying them too. How many hours' pay do you get in a week? More than me, I bet. As long one guy gets 12, then you are ok. I had a good steward. He looked after everyone. He always got re-elected by acclamation. Unfortunately, he retired.

Edited by Trimdingman

I make perfect sense. Logic is what I breathe. Just call me Mr. Spock. Ford workers who are not hurting, and who are getting overtime are going to soon be buying a lot of Edges. They will soon be very visible throughout the GTA. The more that they can sell in the GTA, the more money they save in shipping costs, which means higher profits. Later, the called back workers will start buying them too. How many hours' pay do you get in a week? More than me, I bet.

"Only the nuttiest people , don't think their nuts", or is the saying "I make sense to myself, but no one else underestand me"

Just kidding Trimdingman,just having some fun, enjoy your weekend

Edited by GTBCANADAIN

I make perfect sense. Logic is what I breathe. Just call me Mr. Spock. Ford workers who are not hurting, and who are getting overtime are going to soon be buying a lot of Edges. They will soon be very visible throughout the GTA. The more that they can sell in the GTA, the more money they save in shipping costs, which means higher profits. Later, the called back workers will start buying them too. How many hours' pay do you get in a week? More than me, I bet. As long one guy gets 12, then you are ok. I had a good steward. He looked after everyone. He always got re-elected by acclamation. Unfortunately, he retired.

I am working it.

If you are working your weekend, then why wouldn't you be getting more hours pay than I do?

As for any recalled person buying an Edge... I'm not sure about that. First their money will pay their bills... then their living expenses. If they buy a new car it would probably be a Focus since its the cheapest one. The person may hedge money away in case there is another layoff. All the workers I know say that if they would buy one it would be from the second or third year of production... after Ford has worked out the bugs like any new product the come out with.

Think of OAC workers as a group. There is no other group of people that will buy more Edges or MKXs than the ones who build them. Ford used to ask us to buy what we build. They don't have to any more, because we do it anyway. A little o-t money, plus a trade-in; you're driving in style. The Edge will not have any bugs. Who wants to buy a car that someone else may have had sex in? Yuck.

Edited by Trimdingman

Think of OAC workers as a group. There is no other group of people that will buy more Edges or MKXs than the ones who build them. Ford used to ask us to buy what we build. They don't have to any more, because we do it anyway. A little o-t money, plus a trade-in; you're driving in style. The Edge will not have any bugs. Who wants to buy a car that someone else may have had sex in? Yuck.

More logic.....you always seem to throw in that one sentence or phrase that taints whatever else you typed.

More logic.....you always seem to throw in that one sentence or phrase that taints whatever else you typed.

What are you doing up at this hour? At least give me a chance to polish my post. I just woke up. I was going to add: It is ... you interrupted my train of thought...shit...........The prestige of driving a vehicle that no one has seen before, far out-weighs the lack of risks of buying one that has been out for a few years. With our new product, you will not even have to worry about that.

What did I taint? Was it that "sex" remark? I thought it was good.

Edited by Trimdingman