Chrysler Suicide Watch

Paul Selby

Okay, lemme share this.......................went to the dealer where I bought my PTC ( a Dodge shop) to test-drive a Caliber. After the whole demonstration thing we started to talk money. These people will not deal on Calibers because "THEY SELLL THEMSELVES. WE SELL EVERY ONE WE GET." It's like a poorly done comedy show because all the wrong joke props are standing around you, loads of unsold cars, trucks and 8 Calibers just sitting there. No other customer ON A SATURDAT AFTERNOON!!!!) tHEY ARE NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO NEGOTIATE ON CALIBERS. But, I can get a deal ona Ram or Magnum, no problem. What salesmanship. I'm driving a small car, looking at a small car, and they want to move anything they possibly can. The guy showed me a used Jeep Commander for 40 g's! Hello, are ya fuckin' nuts? Sorry for going over the top but these people just don't get it. They shot their Hemi selling wad without having any alternatives or program to sell what they have. They should never have killed Plymouth. They have blown the mini-van line by falling asleep. They have put everything they have into an engine and how many cars/trucks they can shove it into. They have over-built product foolishly. The salesman don't even have a say in what models they can order. I wonder if a customer can order one? Shameful way to do business. They have a golden opportunity to gain from their association with their other half but that group is cluless with what they bought. I'll bet if all the people on this website had a chance to run Chrysler, it would be done splendidly. If something correct doesn't happen soon, this company will be history.

Q1 07 is going to be a VERY interesting time in AH.

I walked the storage lots at the MI State Fairgrounds and DTW airport recently; it's HIGHLY unlikely that they're going to be able to clear out all of the 06s anytime soon. And the warranty claims for lot rot? Staggering.

The good news is that the problem belongs to the same folks that caused it. Let Joe E. solve it.

Our CG store has stopped ordering vehicles completely; any employee that orders any vehicles without written permission from the owner will be terminated immediately. Word has it that other stores are doing the same thing.

Okay, lemme share this.......................went to the dealer where I bought my PTC ( a Dodge shop) to test-drive a Caliber. After the whole demonstration thing we started to talk money. These people will not deal on Calibers because "THEY SELLL THEMSELVES. WE SELL EVERY ONE WE GET." It's like a poorly done comedy show because all the wrong joke props are standing around you, loads of unsold cars, trucks and 8 Calibers just sitting there. No other customer ON A SATURDAT AFTERNOON!!!!) tHEY ARE NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO NEGOTIATE ON CALIBERS. But, I can get a deal ona Ram or Magnum, no problem. What salesmanship. I'm driving a small car, looking at a small car, and they want to move anything they possibly can. The guy showed me a used Jeep Commander for 40 g's! Hello, are ya fuckin' nuts? Sorry for going over the top but these people just don't get it. They shot their Hemi selling wad without having any alternatives or program to sell what they have. They should never have killed Plymouth. They have blown the mini-van line by falling asleep. They have put everything they have into an engine and how many cars/trucks they can shove it into. They have over-built product foolishly. The salesman don't even have a say in what models they can order. I wonder if a customer can order one? Shameful way to do business. They have a golden opportunity to gain from their association with their other half but that group is cluless with what they bought. I'll bet if all the people on this website had a chance to run Chrysler, it would be done splendidly. If something correct doesn't happen soon, this company will be history.

Every Toyota, Honda, and Nissan dealer I've been to is exactly the same way. Doesn't matter what model you're interested in. Always "those sell themselves" don't wanna (or practically need to) make any deals on em.

Get over it, American cars aren't what they used to be, and they're running out of time to get better.

Where's Hemi and Bluecon now? Buying up the overstocks?

It's like the 70's again. ChryCo got cocky with the early 70's muscle cars, and just built whatever, thinking the lovers of those machines would buy 'anything' with a Mopar tag on it.

I love this:

"The ungainly Jeep Commander sits on dealer lots for 157 days before selling. The gainly Jeep Grand Cherokee remains welded to dealer pavement for 120 days. The answer to a question no one asked, the Chrysler Pacifica, stays put for 142 days. The once mighty Dodge and Chrysler minivans hang around 133 and 117 days respectively. In total, excluding fleet sales, Chrysler has 126 days of unsold inventory (compared to Toyota's 30). And still the production lines keep flowing."

But weren't the RWD V8 LX cars supposed to 'save them' and 'take over America"????

Edited by 630land

But weren't the RWD V8 LX cars supposed to 'save them' and 'take over America"????

They are actually sold more LX's this year then last. That's not their problem...its all the dependence they put on trucks and SUVs without having smaller CUV's ready to go when the latest gas crisis hit.

They are actually sold more LX's this year then last. That's not their problem...its all the dependence they put on trucks and SUVs without having smaller CUV's ready to go when the latest gas crisis hit.

I think the 300 is still selling fine in most areas, but just like Ford, good sales with the Mustang and Fusion are not enough to offset the truck and SUV loss. In fact, DCX relies even more on trucks and SUV's then Ford does.

I did a inventory search of our Dodge and Chrysler dealer in Sioux Falls, SD. I was suprised at how many 2006 models they have in stock. I check that from time to time whenever I hear about all the 2006 leftovers DCX has. It seems like lately the numbers of 2006 in inventory is actually going up so I assume DCX is trying to unload as many of them as they can. It seems like 2007 would be a dismal sales year for them if they are still selling 2006's at full pace this close to the first of the year.

Where's Hemi and Bluecon now? Buying up the overstocks?

It's like the 70's again. ChryCo got cocky with the early 70's muscle cars, and just built whatever, thinking the lovers of those machines would buy 'anything' with a Mopar tag on it.

I love this:

"The ungainly Jeep Commander sits on dealer lots for 157 days before selling. The gainly Jeep Grand Cherokee remains welded to dealer pavement for 120 days. The answer to a question no one asked, the Chrysler Pacifica, stays put for 142 days. The once mighty Dodge and Chrysler minivans hang around 133 and 117 days respectively. In total, excluding fleet sales, Chrysler has 126 days of unsold inventory (compared to Toyota's 30). And still the production lines keep flowing."

Chrysler will do better after Ford goes bankrupt.

The LX's are selling great...with all the incentives.

...The dealer cash ranges from $2,500 on models such as the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 sedan...

Just like the the Taurus sold real well...to Hertz.

Edited by NLPRacing

Chrysler will do better after Ford goes bankrupt.

Even if we were to concede that Ford is ultimately going to declare bankrupty, I doubt that it would happen fast enough to help Chrysler.

The corporation's plunge this year has been spectacular. And it will get worse in 2007. Ford is not going to go bankrupt in 2007 or 2008.

If the new vehicle market does experience enough of a downturn to force Ford into bankruptcy within the next two years, the declining market will undoubtedly take Chrysler along with it - or force Daimler to unload Chrysler on a buyer seeking production capacity in North America. And there is no guarantee that such a buyer would keep Chrysler in its current configuration.

Edited by grbeck

"Chrysler will do better after Ford goes bankrupt."

Keep living in fantasy land. Funny how all the Mopar heads were sooo cocky [again] If Ford did go bankrupt, buyers would get more import brands or GM, not leftover 2006 poorly optioned trucks.

"Oh DCX is the only car comoany in Detorit that is doing good". Biggest f-ing lie told! At least Ford admits to mistakes, while the hemi-heads think they will sell off all the left over 2006's that NOBODY WANTS by New Years, at a profit!

Jsut beacuse a car company has the illusion of 'fast cars', 'hemis', and 'bold styling', doesn't mean they can be sucessful. They got to sell more than just the 300. And the Caliber is just as tacky as the Neon, will end up with rebates once the novelty wears off, and the cheap interior start to fall apart.