08 Focus Grill shots

silvrsvt

Kind of hard to tell: Are those bars on the grill chrome or are they body-colored?

Think they are chrome...

Whats even more interesting...is pay attention the headlight design, there is a gap in the camo and it looks like they have an upswept design sort like the Edge's....

Finally, the grill and interior... I have to say the grill looks better in that pic, probably because you can't tell it's chrome, but those headlights look like something from last decade, especially with that huge ugly amber side marker. Where's the projector beam looking lights like the Mazda 3 has had for years?

The interior is quite a surprise, I just don't get all that silver looking plastic?

And why O why can't these amateur spy photographers ever take interior pics from the drivers side so we can see the gauges?????

I am REALLY liking the interior!!! Looks worlds better than the old car. Plus they moved the cupholders from the old spot (which was horrid. couldn't hold anything taller than a can) to between the seats. I think they did a great job on the interior. The exterior, what I can see, is a major improvement compared to the current car. Can't wait till we get official pics from Ford.

Oh, and did you read the comments below the pics on that link? It seems like no matter how much better the car looks, Ford can't please that crowd. I mean, what the hell do they want in a car that will still sell for somewhere in the low teens with rebates for the routinely sold model (SE with a few toys). I think this car, once revealed is going to suprise alot of people.

Edited by 05fordgt

If they're body colored, which would look pretty good, the grille looks a bit like my old '84 Tempo. I never expected that as a heritage/retro model.

I remember my dad's 86 Tempo LX. 2.3 HSC, 5-manual. The only options it didn't have were A/C, Auto and premium sound. Surprisingly great little car. Then again, anything after 2 Ladas was an improvement.

Finally, the grill and interior... I have to say the grill looks better in that pic, probably because you can't tell it's chrome, but those headlights look like something from last decade, especially with that huge ugly amber side marker. Where's the projector beam looking lights like the Mazda 3 has had for years?

The interior is quite a surprise, I just don't get all that silver looking plastic?

And why O why can't these amateur spy photographers ever take interior pics from the drivers side so we can see the gauges?????

The headlights remind me of the new Five Hundreds which look fine to me.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/01/spi...ndred-facelift/

The interior looks good. Personally I'd like to see a darker shade on the center console for contrast. Just another layer on top of the silver with cutouts for the buttons and switchs.

I want to see the gauges too.

PS: Ford, offer the red emergency stop button (non-functioning of course) at the dealerships as a bobble-head replacement. That looks really cool. I want one.

Edited by Hugh

The more I see of this version of the Focus, the more I like it. The interior looks great!

I'm not sure I like this integrated stereo setup. I much prefer my aftermarket head units over the factory units. That is the only reason I would not get a Mazda... and it's looking like there's going to be an issue with future Ford products as well.

Why the *hell* can't they simply use the head unit designs from Ford of Europe. They look great, and use a DIN slot. This integrated design however... :slap:

Think they are chrome...

Whats even more interesting...is pay attention the headlight design, there is a gap in the camo and it looks like they have an upswept design sort like the Edge's....

YES, It is Chrome, and yes the h/lights have chrome trim als, ala 500 :shades:

Yes all Mazda3's come with projectors, but Civic, Corolla, Spectra, Elantra, Cobalt, Caliber - none OFFER projectors.

Golf and Jetta have standard reflectors, but they do come with HID's optional.

Projectors on C-cars are not the standard - or even expectation. The 08 Saturn Astra might have projectors (it has them in Europe), though.

Please notice that there is a "step-up to the grille in the headlights, and that there might be a BMW5'er-type swoop of the headlight on the fender...

We will have to wait for all the camo to come off .. but this definitely looks nothing like anything else on the road today - the nose looks quite good and sophisticated IMO.

Igor

Look at the left headlight on that spy shot. Square-ish headlight with a diagonol lower right corner and an amber headlight that is a "straight cut" on the side.

The diagonol cut reminds me too much of this: http://i4.tinypic.com/15eg5ll.jpg

Yeah, like Ford is always copying somebody. Maybe it was this they copied:

http://www.edmunds.com/media/generations/e...wagongt.500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...