Found On Road Dead Again

KYSkipper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the problem.

YOU DON'T FUCKING LISTEN

TAKE YOUR FUCKING TRUCK TO ANOTHER MECHANIC AND PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET. THEN TAKE FORD TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT TO GET THE REPAIR REIMBURSED.

Fuck, even if you lose, you pay for the reapir... not the $25k you just lost dumbass.

Holy fuck. ANyone that fucking thick deserves to be taken advantage of.

I hear you Jeff, but you need to read all of Skippers posts. He's friggin' think as a brick. He has been given the solution to his problems. Yeah Ford is jerking him over. But he was given the solution to his problems.

He is the issue here. Not the armchair mechanics.

When you find another mechanic that has the $150,000 worth of specialized tools and computers to work on these Ford engines, let the Dodge dealer know, he'd like to know how to get that mess started so he can sell it.

Skipper

When you find another mechanic that has the $150,000 worth of specialized tools and computers to work on these Ford engines, let the Dodge dealer know, he'd like to know how to get that mess started so he can sell it.

Skipper

Let Jeff 'the expert' Colgrove fix it. Come on Jeffy, show us how smart you are!

Hey KY, why did you pick the 3rd rated truck in the BIG TEST Bluecon's edmunds test Hell, the dodge didn't carry any extra weight (chevy 2440#'s , ford 3700#'s) and was last to make it up the hill. Them rams are real tough. I guess after you get pissed at the ram, you can turn to chevy, then Toyota, then...

Hey Sprinter, (ASSHOLE) is a better moniker, I stated long ago some of these fucking things cant be fixed. Ford sends engineers that cant fix them. (maybe they should do a leak down test?)...

If I didnt know there were a few ladies present here at times, (some bearded ), I would tell you what you could suck.

You are an idiot.

P.S. you should change your name from Sprinter to Sphincter.

Edited by Jeff Colgrove

And Sprinter,

Are you just trying to start shit? Why?

I dont know why I wasted my time but I did go look at your started topics and posts. You are a dildo, no doubt about it.

I also noticed from your join date here at BON you are a real industry dedicated individual.

Let me guess, college boy on mommy and daddy, maybe 30, computer expert, know nothing about everything just like to see yourself on screen. No real value of any kind.

Close?

Edited by Jeff Colgrove

Hey KY, why did you pick the 3rd rated truck in the BIG TEST Bluecon's edmunds test Hell, the dodge didn't carry any extra weight (chevy 2440#'s , ford 3700#'s) and was last to make it up the hill. Them rams are real tough. I guess after you get pissed at the ram, you can turn to chevy, then Toyota, then...

I don't see why the Dodge would have been the #3 truck. I guess to a bunch of guys who drive a Honda on a daily basis maybe, but to someone who has driven pickup trucks since he was 14 years old I believe I'm as qualified as they were.

First off, there's quite a bit of difference in "Carrying" and "Pulling" weight. I have personally put right at 5000 pound of coal on an F250, I can tell you certain, it wasn't one of these newer ones. This was a 72 model with a 1 ton axle under it and extra heavy overloads on it. We had 10" sideboards on it to hold the coal. I seriously doubt the ability of an F250, Chevy 2500, or Dodge either one to haul 2 tons in the bed. For one thing, 2 tons of most things won't fit in a short bed at all certainly not coal or gravel. I have had about 3500 lbs of gravel in my 1995 F250 and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to try running it 70 mph loaded like that. Towing is another matter. The average 21' bass boat probably weighs close to 4000 lbs rigged and loaded. Towing 4000 lbs with a 3/4 ton truck should be no task at all. I've towed in excess of 10,000 lbs with both of my F250's. That's light compared to what some tow with theirs. I know a few individuals towing farm equipment, cattle, and farm products with weights exceeding 20,000. One guy I know has a corn wagon he built from the bed and frame of a tandem Mack Truck. I don't know exactly what it weighs loaded, but I would estimate 15 ton would be on the light side. He has used Dodges for years pulling that thing. I've seen them so loaded that the front axle on the pickup was barely on the ground.

Now, that said, I looked at a Chevy Duramax, but I didn't think much of it. For one thing, it's difficult to find a Chevy with a Manual tranny. The Allison is nice, but if I have to mess with 3 buttons and 3 drive positions on the handle, I'd just assume mash a clutch and stick it in gear. When I did find a manual I discovered Chevy no longer thinks synchronizers are necessary in manual trannys. I also noticed the Duramax being a lot like the Ford. "Turbo Lag" or whatever you all come up with to describe an engine that won't go when you mash the fuel pedal. Dodge's Cummins doesn't have that problem. It's ready to roll when you are.

Dodge's clutch system is sweet. I don't know what it was with that 6.0, I guess the Dual Mass Flywheel that they finally figured out wasn't a good idea. But everytime you were in stop and go traffic it'd sound like the clutch was going to fall out of it when you pushed it in. The Dodge is as solid as I've ever driven. There's no rattle to it at all.

Did I mention the Cummins is getting 19 mpg. That's at least 2 mpg better than the Ford ever got and 5 mpg better than it was getting when I traded it. That's what? A 33% fuel savings. I did fill up today and the Ford advertised a 29 gallon tank, but it was very difficult to put more than 24 gallons in it. The Dodge advertises 32 gallons. I stuck the fuel handle in it and it cut off at 30.5 gallons and easily took another .6 gallons after I let the air settle out. Combine the extra fuel with 33% better milage, that's about 260 miles per tank better than Ford. For what it's worth, the F250 started out at 8 mpg on the first tank and it took about 2000 miles for it to break in and get it's best of 17 mpg.

Dodge's Cummins has never been accused of lacking power by anyone that I know of. They are quite a bit cheaper to work on than the 6.0's. A simple oil change needs a gallon less oil than does a 6 liter. They only put that same engine in everything from boats to tractors to cranes buses and pickups.

As far as that test goes, who cares what a pickup truck will run on a quarter mile drag strip or how fast it is 0 to 60. Notice at what RPM Ford measures the torque on a 6.0. It's 2000 RPMs. People don't pull out onto the highway with a loaded truck with the engine spooled to 2000 RPM's. Dodge measures the Cummins torque at 1600 RPM's which is a little more reasonable. The fact is, an inline 6 cylinder will always out torque a V8. Ever wonder why a 300 6 cylinder was always offered in an F250 but a 302 V8 wasn't? The 302 would out horspower the 300/6 but the 6 cylinder would get a load moving the 302 wouldnt budge. The longer stroke wins every time in that category.

Like I said before, the only thing noticably lacking from Dodge is running boards, a tailgate protector, and bed caps.

What was that about Ford supplying a truck with 430 gears in it to pull against trucks with 373 gears? Those 430 gears ought to keep it under 75 mph permanently.

Skipper

I did fill up today and the Ford advertised a 29 gallon tank, but it was very difficult to put more than 24 gallons in it. The Dodge advertises 32 gallons. I stuck the fuel handle in it and it cut off at 30.5 gallons and easily took another .6 gallons after I let the air settle out.

wll DUH, there was obviously 5 gallons left in there.

And thanks for overfilling the tank on your Dodge dumbass. Great for the environment.

I don't think he is asking for a problem free truck, just one that doesn't break down and strand him and runs properly. I have told you over and over again that the early 6.0l diesels are well known to be problematic, and you just ignore that. I don't think it is the customers fault when this junk doesn't run.

WRONG. I;ve been telling KY that those problems ARE well known. I've never denied them at all. I acknowledged them. There is a fix for them. Yes his dealer is a shyster. Yes the regional rep is an ass. I agree with 100% of all of that.

But KY wanted his truck fixed. But he was not prepared to take the inittiative in getting it fixed. REGARDLESS OF HOW FORD HANDLED THE SITUATION, he still wouldnt lift a finger to fix it elswhere.

Skipper

if you have no faith in Ford dealer service, why would you suddenly have faith in Dodge dealer service?

Answer me this question... did you EVER take your truck to a non-Ford, non-dealer diesel mechanic/technician? EVER?

If the answer is NO, then please shut the fuck up and go away. You're now trolling.

wll DUH, there was obviously 5 gallons left in there.

You've obviously never tried to fill up one of those bastard trucks. A couple of the service stations around here have 4x4 blocks beside the diesel pumps to pull the Fords up on one side so you can put fuel in the tank.

he still wouldnt lift a finger to fix it elswhere.

Bull crap. I took it to more than one non-Ford diesel tech. For what it's worth, I've been qualified enough to keep my 1995 7.3 on the road since I've owned it. It's never been to a dealer shop. I did take the EGR off this 6 liter and look down in the intake and saw what the problem was. No way in hell an engine can run with that much carbon in it. You could have dumped a charcoal bag in it and it wouldn't have made much difference to the mess in there. No, I'm not going to spend my time pulling a cab off a truck so I can get the rest of the top of that engine off to clean it out. I bought a new truck so it would be someone else's place to work on it. My 95 is out of warranty, I can work on it all I want to, that's why I bought the new one and intended to retire the old one. The point in owning a new vehicle is having one you don't have to work on.

From the sound of things, you are probably a 5 star employee for Ford. Your attitude is about like everyone else's I've talked to in that outfit.

Skipper

And Sprinter,

Are you just trying to start shit? Why?

I dont know why I wasted my time but I did go look at your started topics and posts. You are a dildo, no doubt about it.

I also noticed from your join date here at BON you are a real industry dedicated individual.

Let me guess, college boy on mommy and daddy, maybe 30, computer expert, know nothing about everything just like to see yourself on screen. No real value of any kind.

Close?

You are so funny!! :hysterical: But not even close. Did I strike a nerve somewhere? Could it have been my post about chewing out a service manager's butt for not having a clue? But you have had yours chewed more than once, right? I know your type too. You are the expert, knows everything. The rest of us are just worthless shade tree mechanics that exist just to piss you off. Maybe Santa will bring you a leak down tester if you start acting nice. You might also be interested in a book from amazon The Complete Idiot's Guide to Car Care and Repair Illustrated ( You might like the pictures!

If you don't like the people here on BON, I suggest that you leave. Merry Christmas

Nah, no nerve struck here. I have never claimed to know everything....

You have no qualifications for the useless drivel you spew. Your posts are either political related or just jumping into a fire and running your mouth.

Thats the kind of shit that make BON almost useless at this point.

There are some intelligent life forms here, but you are not one of them sprinter.

I dont need to go into my history or what I know or dont know. But one thing I do know is you are a blow hard, and you dont know anything that is relative to this forum.

Nah, no nerve struck here. I have never claimed to know everything....

You have no qualifications for the useless drivel you spew. Your posts are either political related or just jumping into a fire and running your mouth.

Thats the kind of shit that make BON almost useless at this point.

There are some intelligent life forms here, but you are not one of them sprinter.

I dont need to go into my history or what I know or dont know. But one thing I do know is you are a blow hard, and you dont know anything that is relative to this forum.

I will try and keep this short:

Posted on: Dec 14 2006, 07:36 PM

I have to say my dealership is top notch. They take good care of me, and my cars. One thing they do not do is shoot their mouthes off like this "Jeff" guy does!

Besides, isn't this forum for Ford employees, and if I remember correctly.....

QUOTE(Jeff Colgrove @ Dec 13 2006, 08:29 PM)

BFD, we don't work for Ford.

QUOTE(FordTrucklover @ Dec 4 2006, 10:46 PM)

Jeff, u sound like a freakin idiot! Who do you represent "flat rate tech"?? What the f**k is

that? The things you candidly write on here are repulsive & i hope your boss finds it & shit

cans your ass for sabotage....go work somewhere else if u dont like the dealership

situation, dont bitch like a sorry punk....A lemon out of how many thousands built??..you

dont see them every day....thats exaggeration of the worst sort....get a life man!

I concur exactly bro....MANY on here question the motive & accuracy of this dude....enough is

enough already! Some ppl here are buying into this guys drama.. i smell agenda myself!

You need to do some research because you are the idiot. I do see these everyday. I have been a Service Manager for 25 years. I am also happy with the Dealership, its Ford that has bankrupted themselves, many Dealerships and many many venders. You also need to go "smell" your underwear, because you are full of shit....!

QUOTE(Jeff Colgrove @ Nov 17 2006, 10:26 AM)

A statement from someone who has no clue........you built it, does that make you incompetent? We sell it, does that make us responsible to reengineer a vehicle to acceptable working level? We don't work for Ford, you do.

We at Dealership level were the first to get the good ol' Ford F*ckin.

How do you expect Dealerships to repair things Ford designed that don't work? We call the "not so Hot line", and they tell us to call them back when we figure it out.

We don't get paid for finding nothing, only for the repair and its typically half what it costs us to do it.

I also will not take on someone elses "problem"..... it is a lose your ass and $ losing proposition from the get go. Do you work for free?

We don't build them, we don't engineer them, and you are right, some we can't repair. BUT it's not our fault.

I have heard many consumers say "Im gonna call Ford", my standard answer is "you might as well get a quarter and try to call God, it will do about as much good". Im not trying to be an asshole, its the truth. They don't help us, and they don't help the consumer.

I feel sorry for the fella with the lemon, but I see it all the time.

This is why the Company is in the shape its in. Once you buy it, its your problem. What a shame.

Put the blame where it is due. FORD. They know they have junk, they sell it anyway, and then its your problem.....Proof in the above post.

Dealers need to get a clue. I work with a bunch of good ol boys who can fix anything. I mean anything. Dealers just don't get it. Having never worked at one I do not know what their issues are. But I believe Ford would be better off getting rid of their dealers and selling and fixing the cars and trucks theirselves. I once took a car back for warranty work and I knew the service mgr. Man they did a great job. He got fed up and went to toyota dealership, it wasn't ford it was the dealership owner. So if a dealership cant handle it ford should take away their business.PERIOD.

You intentionally jumped in front of a moving car. Thta's no ones fault but your own.

And you life savings were lost because you tried to sue Ford to become an instant multi-millionaire after intnetionally jumping in front of a car.

You gambled and lost.

Live with it Mr. Ambulance chasser. Ford should sue you for fraud.

Yes I did, and as a result a mother and her then six-year-old son are still alive. No need to worry about your own manly pride as you seem to have already discovered that the intermet allows little people such as yourself to live out those dreams of being more powerful than reallity allows for. I do hate to disappoint you by my savings were all spent on medical bills and attempting to recover after the insurance collected had been exhausted. I did not loose a dime attempting to sue Ford, but those who represented me lost big time. It is funny how most folks think lawyers are little more than land sharks yet these guys continued to help me even after the case had been lost. Your rhetoric here has done much to add to my beliefs of what type of individual works for Ford, no wonder the company cannot act responsibly.

Yes I did, and as a result a mother and her then six-year-old son are still alive. No need to worry about your own manly pride as you seem to have already discovered that the intermet allows little people such as yourself to live out those dreams of being more powerful than reallity allows for. I do hate to disappoint you by my savings were all spent on medical bills and attempting to recover after the insurance collected had been exhausted. I did not loose a dime attempting to sue Ford, but those who represented me lost big time. It is funny how most folks think lawyers are little more than land sharks yet these guys continued to help me even after the case had been lost. Your rhetoric here has done much to add to my beliefs of what type of individual works for Ford, no wonder the company cannot act responsibly.

and the fact remains that you jumped in front of a moving vehicle driven by someone who admitted error.

So do us an favor and stop blaming everyone else. Its quite obvious that you and the driver bear responsibility here.

and the fact remains that you jumped in front of a moving vehicle driven by someone who admitted error.

So do us an favor and stop blaming everyone else. Its quite obvious that you and the driver bear responsibility here.

I will make a deal with you, if I ever find myself in that situation again and it involves you or your children I will try my best to refrain from helping. No promises though, as I would likely do it again even if it was just you about to be crushed and I don't even know you.

I have accepted my responsibility for what happened just as the driver has,but how does that negate the responsibility of Ford? The fact remains that something happened to cause the driver to loose control of his vehicle, and that something goes beyond what Ford wants everyone to believe.

If you think I am so wrong, then why does it bother you so much? I read what I consider to be unfounded rantings I typically just ignore it and move on, but you seem offended for some reason. That can usually be shown to be indicative of seeing some truth in what has been said and wishing to hide it rather than see the truth exposed. You must work in upper management at Ford as that seems to be common trait among those I have talked to these past 9 years.

You all want to blame the dealers and the vehicle owners for your part in the problem, and that's not right.

A mechanic's job is to find a broken part and replace it. Nowhere in that job description is it the mechanic's job to engineer the system, that's the manufacturer's responsibility. Mechanic's aren't design engineers or machinists, and to jump on them because they can't fix a system that was faulty in it's engineering from the start is way out of bounds.

You say take it to another diesel mechanic. That shows exactly how ignorant you are of this product. The 6.0 liter was designed to NOT be serviced by anyone other than a Ford Dealer. For what it's worth, the Cummins in the Dodge isn't designed that way. The Cummins is a common engine. It's in boats, busses, larger trucks, equipment, and who knows what all else. Other than a few sensors here and there and the plumbing to put it in a pickup, it's the same motor. The 6.0 is not a common engine. The version in an F250 is a Ford only engine. Yes, there is a version that International puts in some light truck, but it is far from the one that's in the Ford trucks. The International version only makes 250 hp. The entire top end of the 6.0 in the Fords is a Ford design not International. The fuel system is completely different on a VT365 than it is on a 6.0. About the only common thing they share is the middle section of the block and similar heads. They fact that you dont know that you can't work on one of these engines very much without Ford's special tools proves your ignorance of the product. One local shop that takes care of a lot of fleet vehicles, the owner has told me a few times that now that these engines are running out of warranty he is considering the investment in training and tooling to work on them, but the cost is very high and he's not real sure he wants people mad at him when he can't fix these messes.

The fact is, for most serious work on a 6.0, it requires removal of the cab. That's not something that can be done in a couple of hours. Removal and replacement at best is half a days job. Nobody wants to pay for cab removal at $80 an hour. Your talking about $400 worth of labor that has nothing to do with fixing the engine, just getting to it in order to fix it. Guess what happens if you go through the cab removal process, fix the engine, put the cab back on and find out something else isn't exactly right? From what I've heard, it only gets worse with the 6.4.

You need to learn who your customers are and how it is you make a living. The UAW doesn't guarantee you a job and neither does Ford Motor Company. Your dealers and the people that buy vehicles from your dealers are who makes sure you have a job. You and Ford ought to be kissing your dealer's feet. They are the ones that sell these vehicles for you. If there are no sales, there's certainly no reason to have a manufacturing plant or employees. If you expect to market $45,000 + trucks, you cant tick off the final buyers by treating them the way I got treated and refusing to do what is necessary to solve a problem with a product. The fact that my dealership and I ended up having words over this mess wasn't entirely their fault. While I felt like they could have been more helpful, it wasn't more helpful to fix the truck, it was more helpful in dealing with Ford Motor Company to get that truck replaced or the engine replaced or whatever was necessary to put a permanent end to the problems. Companies that take care of business get a good name and loyal buyers of their products. Those loyal buyers are worth more than 10 30 second ads during the Superbowl.

Skipper

its funny how everyone on this site blames everyone else for their issues. It Fords fault, the dealers, the KTP employees, Navistar employees and whoever else you like. Its sounds to me KYskipper its everyones fault. Navistar(international) designed a piss poor product,Ford bought it, and the dealers arnt fighting for you the customer to fix the issue. We at KTP did not design the product or deside to purchase it from Navistar. We do simple processes to install it. Tighten hoses, clams, put in oil, connect to trans, tighten motor mount bolts ect... You complain that we the employees dont Care and you are DEAD WRONG!! We are not perfect and do make production mistakes but for the most part our mistakes are minor. Most of our quality concerns at KTP are design and vendor issues. I have given you the phone numbers of every person here at KTP to help you with your problem but continue to blames us the employees for not helping. Also, you are wrong about who can fix the trucks, ford repairman fix the issues that the line workers make but not the major engine issues. Navistar keeps employees at KTP 24/7 to work on these issues without Ford employees help. I dont know what kind to special tools they have but the ford repairman in the shop have normal repair tools that anyoneofus can buy.

You think you have been F*&K by ford try working for them. Yes we gey payed well and all but try working for a company that hasnt shown its employees that it cares about anything.you got a piece of sh&t truck but i have friends here that have never had their super duty in the shop.

And to Jeff Colgrove..the customers are what keeps me working but Ford pays you to represent the company. I have left 4 local dealers because of pisspoor customers service and will never return to them. We all know that you have your own issues with Ford but its not Ford that charges a customer 7 hours of labor for a 4 hour job. i had this done to me and the reason he told me was because he thought i was still under my 3yr/36,000 war. take about one mad dude.And im sure that happens all the time. i know ford is cutting your payments and you guys have to find a way to make up the revenue but fraud is fraud and its the dealers fault and Fords, the employees or Navistars. you want us to kiss your feet for selling our product but without us you would have no product to sell. it cuts both ways. Customer Servise Issues at the dealerships is one of the biggest facing Ford. We could put the best car and truck on the lot for you guys and you still couldnt sell them. So dont blame us foe everything its some of your responsability too.

Everyone on this board needs to stop showing his or her ass. (You know who you are) Your all close minded knowitall, im better than everyone else, i have all the answers, pieces of sh*t !!! Grow up! if i wanted to debate issues with kids id go talk to my own.

its funny how everyone on this site blames everyone else for their issues. It Fords fault, the dealers, the KTP employees, Navistar employees and whoever else you like. Its sounds to me KYskipper its everyones fault. Navistar(international) designed a piss poor product,Ford bought it, and the dealers arnt fighting for you the customer to fix the issue. We at KTP did not design the product or deside to purchase it from Navistar. We do simple processes to install it. Tighten hoses, clams, put in oil, connect to trans, tighten motor mount bolts ect... You complain that we the employees dont Care and you are DEAD WRONG!! We are not perfect and do make production mistakes but for the most part our mistakes are minor. Most of our quality concerns at KTP are design and vendor issues. I have given you the phone numbers of every person here at KTP to help you with your problem but continue to blames us the employees for not helping. Also, you are wrong about who can fix the trucks, ford repairman fix the issues that the line workers make but not the major engine issues. Navistar keeps employees at KTP 24/7 to work on these issues without Ford employees help. I dont know what kind to special tools they have but the ford repairman in the shop have normal repair tools that anyoneofus can buy.

You think you have been F*&K by ford try working for them. Yes we gey payed well and all but try working for a company that hasnt shown its employees that it cares about anything.you got a piece of sh&t truck but i have friends here that have never had their super duty in the shop.

And to Jeff Colgrove..the customers are what keeps me working but Ford pays you to represent the company. I have left 4 local dealers because of pisspoor customers service and will never return to them. We all know that you have your own issues with Ford but its not Ford that charges a customer 7 hours of labor for a 4 hour job. i had this done to me and the reason he told me was because he thought i was still under my 3yr/36,000 war. take about one mad dude.And im sure that happens all the time. i know ford is cutting your payments and you guys have to find a way to make up the revenue but fraud is fraud and its the dealers fault and Fords, the employees or Navistars. you want us to kiss your feet for selling our product but without us you would have no product to sell. it cuts both ways. Customer Servise Issues at the dealerships is one of the biggest facing Ford. We could put the best car and truck on the lot for you guys and you still couldnt sell them. So dont blame us foe everything its some of your responsability too.

Everyone on this board needs to stop showing his or her ass. (You know who you are) Your all close minded knowitall, im better than everyone else, i have all the answers, pieces of sh*t !!! Grow up! if i wanted to debate issues with kids id go talk to my own.

good post inspect. i also work at ktp paint. some times i wish some of these people could try to do our jobs. but that is a different story. i own two superduties. one is a 1997 5 speed with a performance chip a little slow out of the hole but will pull a moutain down if you find a way to hook to it. also have a o4 with 6.0 fantanstic truck no mods. knew better. besides it is still under warranty. i also tried to help ky but wouldnt listen. itook the 6.0 to dealer for first oil change.they charged me 102.00 for a simple oil change. they tried to tell me rotella oil was expensive. at that time i was paying 36.00 a case(6 gallons) needless to say it hasnt been back.as for ky i think he helped mess up his truck and his dealer knew it and was just bandaiding the truck trying to keep him pasified because ford wasnt going to pay for a new engine and the dealer wasnt going to pay for one either. for all the truble he claims he had how did he get 51000mls on it. so he bought a dodge(his choice). sounds like he misses his ford or he would have been gone from our site by now.jeff i think you are trying to defend the wrong person here.

And to Jeff Colgrove..the customers are what keeps me working but Ford pays you to represent the company.

Ford does not pay us anything. A Dealership is an independent business. We only try to sell the product.

Unfortunately with the lack of sales, Dealerships have turned to their Service Departments to be their main profit center. Couple that with the cost of required equipment and the labor rates are getting higher and higher. We use book time, there is no gouging. I can and will show you the flat rate time for any repair I do on your vehicle. But Some Dealerships are crooked, there is no doubt about it.

In this day and age the Dealership can offer very little help. Especially with issues such as Skippers. The Dealership no doubt lost their ass trying to repair it and Ford will not assume their responsibility financially if they can get out of it. They are not willing to honor their warranty and dont seem to care if they lose consumers. This started about 5 years ago, and everything happening now was predicted then.

Ford has literally destroyed their total network. Your livlihood and mine. The Consumers will never return. Skippers story is not unique. I have invited people from this site to spend a couple days with me and have had no takers.

I spend alot of time apolagizing for poor product and have customers tell me at least once a week they will never buy another Ford product. I have won many individual awards from Ford. My store has won the highest CSI ratings year after year. But all of that wont make up for a weak product and lack of Ford support.

I tell it like it is. Thats the way it should be. Most of your Dealers are agreeing they would be more profitable and better off without Ford. Alot are considering dropping Ford and remaining as used car lots with Independent repair facilities. Ford has already proven they can not sell/manage retail, and they have failed with their attempts at repair facilities.

This isnt over yet fellas. It will only get worse.

Jeff first off let me say I can’t believe your still banging your head on this brick wall. This is the Ford Employee Forum so almost all of the posters here will have the attitude of my country Ford right or wrong and your just one more protester pointing out the truth.

Ford has indeed cut profits to it’s franchises through the SLTS cuts, the Blue Oval program and other ideas that Ford has come up with to save Fords money for Ford. Even the little things like no longer sending the dealerships the printed recalls but now having the dealerships download and print the recalls, TSB’s, WAN’s etc. on location, my guess is that in itself nationwide would be a large cost transfer.

It’s not just the corporate Ford employees getting hurt (at least they are offered a buyout) but the Ford dealership employees as well (I got to take my vacation pay when I was fired). Dealerships are folding and the employees who have specialized in Ford for years are now seeking employment elsewhere, and are being offered jobs at pay cut some can’t afford due to lack of experience and seniority.

A lot of the posts (name-calling) are uncalled for. There has been good and bad info from the people trying to help and or defend Skipper as well as from those that just wish he’d disappear. Its been posted that the assembly plant employees didn’t design or build the 6.0 they just install it, agreed not their fault. It’s been posted that the engineers are designing vehicles that are not tech friendly, agreed it’s true. An example, why does there need to be a 4 page TSB on changing the spark plugs on the 5.4L 3valve? Last one that came in at our dealership 1 plug broke off in each head and could not be removed with or without the special tool required to do this, who absorbed the price on this one? Result cab came off both heads were removed and all necessary gaskets were replaced in order to return the truck back to the customer. The look on the customers face when he came in and saw his cab on the hoist while his truck is on the ground with the engine disassembled, well let’s not go there.

Skipper you posted that a Ford field service engineer (FSE) told you to try a performance enhancing chip, I find that hard to believe. I don’t picture anyone familiar with the 6.0 suggesting a chip, 99 percent of the time it causes nothing but problems, and the early 6.0's have enough problems by themselves. I hope you’re happy with your Cummings, it’s a tried and true diesel and with proper maintenance should last for quite a while. Let’s hope Ford gets the 6.4L right they can’t afford another 6.0.

As far as Jeff representing “the company†my guess is he’ll back Ford and his dealership to the best of his ability, but is not willing to lie for either one, I know I wouldn’t.

Well that’s about enough of this typing stuff, to time consuming for me since I’m still using the hunt and peck method. Merry Christmas to all.

:stats: