Ford/Microsoft Sync Video demo

I thought the SYNC was one of the cooler things at the auto show... I hate getting calls in the car and I think it has taken too long for items like this to get to the market. It's about time Ford is really getting bold and doing something like this. Check out this video on http://www.rpmdaily.com... it's a demo from a microsoft guy on the Sync. Very cool. It's under the video section.

I thought the SYNC was one of the cooler things at the auto show... I hate getting calls in the car and I think it has taken too long for items like this to get to the market. It's about time Ford is really getting bold and doing something like this. Check out this video on http://www.rpmdaily.com... it's a demo from a microsoft guy on the Sync. Very cool. It's under the video section.

I don't think this will fly. I personally have reservations about having any radiation emitters near me, ( I don't even like cell phones all that close ) and I sure as hell see no advantage to putting it inside :eek5: my car. If it used Irda I'd be a bit happier. If it has hardwire USB or network ports that would be cool. The rest is... well, I have a laptop...

Pretty neat. I like how the Microsoft guy was demonstrating the features with an iPod and not Microsoft's Zune! I hate getting a call in my car also, what a PIA trying to get a cell phone out of your pocket while driving.

Pretty neat. I like how the Microsoft guy was demonstrating the features with an iPod and not Microsoft's Zune! I hate getting a call in my car also, what a PIA trying to get a cell phone out of your pocket while driving.

I think that most of these guys (I-GiG for example) using the Nav system was a crappy deal... too unaffordable for most of the people that use iPods and blue tooth. Think about it... a nav system is like $2000. You can buy a 50 inch plasma for that much. It's ridiculous.

I think the Sync will fly much eisier with it not being tied to navigation. I think it's ridiculous that you have to buy a navigation device for $2000 to get interactivity... I can get a 50' plasma for the living room and stick with the radio in a Focus and get most of what I need.

Oh my lord, someone is going to spend $25K on a car !! A depreciating item...For that amount, you might as well put a downpayment on a rental condo.

Yes there's other things people can get for $2K, and obviously there's enough of an interest for the market to justify it. I personally would opt. for it as well, I really don't care what the cost is, I call it a business expense period.

I love the whole idea on this. How freaking cool is that, it will hook up to ANY mp3 player, makes me want to go out and buy a bigger mp3 player and rip my whole music collection. And I can use it to access internet radio on my phone, oh hellz yeah!! Now if only Ford would build the Interceptor and put this in it. :)

Hey one can dream can't they? :happy feet:

Oh my lord, someone is going to spend $25K on a car !! A depreciating item...For that amount, you might as well put a downpayment on a rental condo.

Yes there's other things people can get for $2K, and obviously there's enough of an interest for the market to justify it. I personally would opt. for it as well, I really don't care what the cost is, I call it a business expense period.

The point of leaving it off of the Nav system as a seperate item is to make it affordable to a wider group of customers... chances are it would be an option if it WERE connected to the nav... and not everybody with the Nav would want to pay for it. This way Ford was smart and they made it available to almost all... as long as they have the wheel controls.

I don't think this will fly. I personally have reservations about having any radiation emitters near me, ( I don't even like cell phones all that close ) and I sure as hell see no advantage to putting it inside :eek5: my car. If it used Irda I'd be a bit happier. If it has hardwire USB or network ports that would be cool. The rest is... well, I have a laptop...

\

you are really frickin stupid. You are being bombarded with radiation right now. Every where you go. Do you think in your daily course of life that everyone elses signals just magically go around you? you say you have a laptop....does it have wifi? Oh NOssss! you better turn that off or it will give you cancer....sheesh.

If it used IrDa? Holy crap do you even know what the max speed of IrDA is? Never mind the fact that irda is a LINE OF SIGHT technology.

If they required licenses to use the Internet, I would request that yours be revoked right now.

Edited by inteller