OHAP Plant Problems

fatboy101

Alot of these low seniority people were in the GEN-BANK before they were put in ECONOLINE.They were never ever in ECONOLINE before.Their whole career at FORD was either in UNIT 2 or in the GEN-BANK.Very low seniority people.Then when they are put into UNIT 1 they have no idea of how UNIT 1 works.They can't grasp the concept that you need to have SENIORITY in order to get the good jobs.As it should be.All of the LOW SENIORITY ex-team leaders from UNIT 2 are having a VERY HARD time trying to figure this out.They USED to think that they were the BIG SHOTS in the VILLAGER and MARINER system when they were TEAM LEADERS.Now they are NOBODIES!They are LOST!The FREE RIDE is OVER for them!And all of the other LOW SENIORITY people out there do not know what is going on as now they have to WORK for their money just like the rest of us!No more FREE MONEY from the GEN-BANK!Here is one example of an EX-UNIT 2 employee.There is one individual who bid on a job.This person always worked day shift because he could in UNIT 2 as he had the time to hold days there.He got a job in a classification on night shift in UNIT 1.This employee is VERY LOW on SENIORITY.He is now finally starting to realize that he has NO SENOIRITY at all to speak of.He is starting to realize that he will live and die on night shift for the rest of his life.Now he is starting all of this talk of how he is going to BUST his classification in order to get off of his CLASSIFIED JOB that he no longer wants.This person was from the GEN-BANK.He doesn't know how it works in UNIT 1.If this person is allowed to do this then why can't any person on any classified job in any UAW represented plant in America do this?If this person is allowed to do this there will be repercussions all the way to GETTELFINGER.An EX-GEN-BANKER should not be allowed to do this.He made his bed now let him sleep in it!

The Van line will have teamleaders just like the Villager side did when you get a mOA enforced. You will have forced rotation also. If you guys do not get a MOA the van will be moved and Avon becomes Lorain EMPTY

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Van line will have teamleaders just like the Villager side did when you get a mOA enforced. You will have forced rotation also. If you guys do not get a MOA the van will be moved and Avon becomes Lorain EMPTY

The company has made it clear in past discussions that with the implementation of a successful FPS program that would satisfy and eliminate any desires on their part for the Traditional unit to become MOA. Thus far, from an objectives standpoint, the program has exceeded expectations and is one of the strongest in the Ford system. If this plant closes, it will not be because of the lack of an MOA, in fact, they will probably not even bring it up during negotiations. All they care about is the net result of a lean operation, and FPS, probably more so than the MOA, has proven to be a more than capable program to achieve this.

The company has made it clear in past discussions that with the implementation of a successful FPS program that would satisfy and eliminate any desires on their part for the Traditional unit to become MOA. Thus far, from an objectives standpoint, the program has exceeded expectations and is one of the strongest in the Ford system. If this plant closes, it will not be because of the lack of an MOA, in fact, they will probably not even bring it up during negotiations. All they care about is the net result of a lean operation, and FPS, probably more so than the MOA, has proven to be a more than capable program to achieve this.

The Chronicle Telegram had an article 2 weeks ago that read a UAW International rep stated that without a MOA Avon will close. Go get this paper and read it. It was 2 or 3 saturdays ago.

Lorain had good quality with the TBIRD and when they voted down the MOA the Escape went to K.C. and the new paint shop was shipped out. But hey vote it down and Ford will win again!!!!!!

Either way I believe Avon could be on the 7 plant closing list, this will just make Ford's decision easier.

The Van will be built in a plant with an MOA either in Avon or Kentucky.

The Chronicle Telegram had an article 2 weeks ago that read a UAW International rep stated that without a MOA Avon will close. Go get this paper and read it. It was 2 or 3 saturdays ago.

Lorain had good quality with the TBIRD and when they voted down the MOA the Escape went to K.C. and the new paint shop was shipped out. But hey vote it down and Ford will win again!!!!!!

Either way I believe Avon could be on the 7 plant closing list, this will just make Ford's decision easier.

The Van will be built in a plant with an MOA either in Avon or Kentucky.

I have to refrain myself from posting on here. But you sir are an idiot. For your information dummy we voted in an MOA in Lorain, however the program was never implemented. Jquace Nasser eliminated the top selling and award winning T-bird and Cougar line. The UAW also had a hand in it.

At that time we had a union president with balls (Bill Allen) and at a UAW constitutional convention Mr. Allen called out then UAW International President Frazier and told him in front of the whole convention that he was a pussy. (So to speak) Frazer in turn made it clear that Lorain would ever see another product.

True story!!!!!

So take your MOA and shove it up your ass.

I have to refrain myself from posting on here. But you sir are an idiot. For your information dummy we voted in an MOA in Lorain, however the program was never implemented. Jquace Nasser eliminated the top selling and award winning T-bird and Cougar line. The UAW also had a hand in it.

At that time we had a union president with balls (Bill Allen) and at a UAW constitutional convention Mr. Allen called out then UAW International President Frazier and told him in front of the whole convention that he was a pussy. (So to speak) Frazer in turn made it clear that Lorain would ever see another product.

True story!!!!!

Mr. 40 anout,you are talking complete garbage.I have talked to an number of people about Bill Allen and his comments.It was not Doug Fraser that he critized,it was Ernie Lofton and it was at a national Ford meeting in Palm Springs that the incident took place.The comments were made AFTER the company had removed the escape from the Lorain plant.What you call balls everyone that I have spoken to call STUPIDITY!The reason for doing away with the thunderbird was because it was way overpriced for the car segement that it had to compete in.That was why it lost sales. Ford was aware of this from it was first launched.As FOR THE m.o.a. it will ,based upon what I have heard and read,be back sooner than you think.If this pisses you off,well you know what they say,TOUGH SHIT!!

Mr. 40 anout,you are talking complete garbage.I have talked to an number of people about Bill Allen and his comments.It was not Doug Fraser that he critized,it was Ernie Lofton and it was at a national Ford meeting in Palm Springs that the incident took place.The comments were made AFTER the company had removed the escape from the Lorain plant.What you call balls everyone that I have spoken to call STUPIDITY!The reason for doing away with the thunderbird was because it was way overpriced for the car segement that it had to compete in.That was why it lost sales. Ford was aware of this from it was first launched.As FOR THE m.o.a. it will ,based upon what I have heard and read,be back sooner than you think.If this pisses you off,well you know what they say,TOUGH SHIT!!

This is an accurate account of what happened. Ernie Lofton went one step further and told Bill Allen that Lorain would never see another product. The following week Ford announced the T-bird was leaving. Anyone that has confirmed that it was a case of stupidity rather than balls is correct.

True story!!!!!

It wasnt MOA it was called VWG remember? Voluntary Work Group, A water down version of the MOA. Oh thats right, you forgot..Maybe that is one reason you had one more nail in Lorain`s coffin during that time. I have seen MOA in Action in Avon and believe me, You had nothing close to what what we achieved. For as far as I seen when I worked in Lorain, It was traditional. A tradition of running the same when I was there before. The right to assign, classifications, floormans. Does this ring a bell for you? soliciting formans pick who they want to go to the area. So if you call this MOA then you need to refrain yourself from posting on here.

Enjoy your retirement.

For sake of clarification, I would like to point out that at no time did we ever enforce "Mandatory Rotation". It may have been in the contract but it never happened. Even the National Agreement allows for mandatory rotation for ergonomic reasons.

Oh by the way, you'll all be happy to know that my computer is back up and running..... ;)

It wasnt MOA it was called VWG remember? Voluntary Work Group, A water down version of the MOA. Oh thats right, you forgot..Maybe that is one reason you had one more nail in Lorain`s coffin during that time. I have seen MOA in Action in Avon and believe me, You had nothing close to what what we achieved. For as far as I seen when I worked in Lorain, It was traditional. A tradition of running the same when I was there before. The right to assign, classifications, floormans. Does this ring a bell for you? soliciting formans pick who they want to go to the area. So if you call this MOA then you need to refrain yourself from posting on here.

Enjoy your retirement.

Who cares if were MOA or Traditional as long as we built a great van and and get paid you people make so much out of everything just thank god we all still have a job !

Who cares if were MOA or Traditional as long as we built a great van and and get paid you people make so much out of everything just thank god we all still have a job !

Get this paper and read it.

Chronicle Telegram sept.19,2004

It says Avon could close later in this decade!

Get this paper and read it.

Chronicle Telegram sept.19,2004

It says Avon could close later in this decade!

And you think that the Chronicle Telegram would have this information why? Lot's of things could happen this decade. Our future as a plant rests almost entirely on our performance. It would seem to me that we need to get this launch wrapped up, get all of the extra manning out of there, and start to run at the targeted production objectives or the people up North are going to get a bad taste in their mouths about the ability of our plant to perform in a crunch situation, and I doubt that would be good for any of us.

• 3 weeks later...

40anout........sigh.

I am glad you feel so strongly with all your facts about the MOA even though you have not worked in one. I usually refrain from commenting on something I have no experience with. Glad to see you so boldly make concrete statements on things that you've only "heard" about.

If you are proud that your local Union President exercised his ego, costing you product and ultimately your plant you then evidently have no capacity for reason beyond chest thumping.

Thank god you are retiring. Can I help you to your car? Have you already retired? If so please live out what years you may have left to their fullest and stop wasting your, and everyone else's, time here.

Looks like the campaign is starting! I just got one question - is Ed (AWOL/MIA) Baire on crack or what? Maybe he was just so high all the time he doesn't remember what it was like when he was a BC before! Dude there's a reason why people didn't vote for you and you had to run for district and didn't even make the top ten! Cuz you didn't do the job dude! I talked to folks in chassis that had you in the Villager and they said that you wasn't ever there. Same shit with the Mariner. And he's gonna slam Rowe and Piscione? And Coop must be doing the same drugs as him or that hair dye he used to use musta soaked his brain! What are these 2 assholes looking for? What do they want? To finish the job? Maybe they can lose the rest of the plant? I don't care who anyone votes for as long as it aint them! Folks from 425, ask the 2000 folks about these assholes! And this shit that Coop wrote about the company has the right with 4-1, that was his favorite part of the contract because then he didn't have to do anything and he stopped reading at the company has the right and he never read nothing else! Ask Ed Baire how many awols he got as a rep and how he almost got fired - what did he do? Damn these guys must think were all stupid and don't remember what they were like as reps.

Well, it's official! It's really campaign time for the special election! How do we know this? Because Ed Baire has been seen on the floor! Remember, this is the person who said that he only ever has to actually do his job right before the election because that's all the people will remember. Some people thought that it was just a vicious rumor while others thought that the sightings might actually be the result of hallucinations from food poisoning from the cafeteria food. Neither of these things are true! Baire was actually on the floor!

Well, the guys should be back from National Ford/Sub Council. I hope that they will have some accurate informtion to tell us (maybe in the form of an information bulletin -- HINT HINT!). We should expect to see them in the plant tomorrow. I'm sure that the membership has lots of questions for them.

People just don't get it. After the Union put out a letter on absenteeism, enough people signed out to force Chassis to mass relief after lunch. This is not a good time for people to act like our plant is safe cause they just rebuilt it. The Committeeman were telling people that other plants are trying to get the Econoline and people better start doing there jobs and coming to work so we can have a future at OHAP. After they walked away it was a joke to these people. Whats it going to take for people to understand we are not safe from a plant closing?

People just don't get it. After the Union put out a letter on absenteeism, enough people signed out to force Chassis to mass relief after lunch. This is not a good time for people to act like our plant is safe cause they just rebuilt it. The Committeeman were telling people that other plants are trying to get the Econoline and people better start doing there jobs and coming to work so we can have a future at OHAP. After they walked away it was a joke to these people. Whats it going to take for people to understand we are not safe from a plant closing?

The company must start to swiftly discipline the people with severe absenteeism problems, and the union needs to let them. A couple people get fired and the rest will start showing up, I'l guarantee it!

The company must start to swiftly discipline the people with severe absenteeism problems, and the union needs to let them. A couple people get fired and the rest will start showing up, I'l guarantee it!

It`s only April, What is going to happen when June, July, August come`s rolling around? We have no group meetings or interventions to find out why these people are missing work. There are so many varible`s why people are missing, It is hard to pin point the causes why they do it. By disciplining the people, It only going to amplify the problem and make the situation worse.It is time we sit down and figure out what the problem is and stop pointing the finger

Edited by Tomahawk959

It`s only April, What is going to happen when June, July, August come`s rolling around? We have no group meetings or interventions to find out why these people are missing work. There are so many varible`s why people are missing, It is hard to pin point the causes why they do it. By disciplining the people, It only going to amplify the problem and make the situation worse.It is time we sit down and figure out what the problem is and stop pointing the finger

Sorry but I totally disagree! This is a job and we are adults. As adults, we know that there are consequences for our actions. When we awol, we can (and should, imo) be disciplined. Ford is a company with many employees and they don't have the time, (nor should they) sit down with each deadbeat and say "Timmy, you've been awol 5 times in the last 2 months, is there anything you'd like to share with us?" That's ridiculous to even suggest such a thing. Get up every day, put on your big boy pants or your big girl panties and come to work like you're paid to do! Geesh why is this such a difficult concept to grasp??

mho

Peeps

Sorry but I totally disagree! This is a job and we are adults. As adults, we know that there are consequences for our actions. When we awol, we can (and should, imo) be disciplined. Ford is a company with many employees and they don't have the time, (nor should they) sit down with each deadbeat and say "Timmy, you've been awol 5 times in the last 2 months, is there anything you'd like to share with us?" That's ridiculous to even suggest such a thing. Get up every day, put on your big boy pants or your big girl panties and come to work like you're paid to do! Geesh why is this such a difficult concept to grasp??

mho

Peeps

You are 100% right on that. What other job can a person have( and keep) and miss 5 times a month and still keep it? We are told that Detroit is paying close attention to us right now. We are also told by the union that there are plenty of other plants wanting our vehicle.

You are 100% right on that. What other job can a person have( and keep) and miss 5 times a month and still keep it? We are told that Detroit is paying close attention to us right now. We are also told by the union that there are plenty of other plants wanting our vehicle.

My point exactly akasparky! I can't think of even one employer who would put up with the deadbeats that Ford does, let alone sit down with each one and ask why they've been screwing up. This is not freaking preschool, for crying out loud! You can certainly bet that every plant is under a microscope right now and we can secure our own future by building quality and coming to work every day! It's not rocket science :doh:

mho

Peeps

mho

Peeps

Well said Peeps. Well said. We're paid well to come to work and build top notch quality automobiles. Come to work people!! When the chairman has to put out a letter asking this then obviously it has become a real problem.

Come to work or get... :slap: :finger:

No more of.... :baby: