The rich get richer and my poor ass gets poorer

StlCowboy

Sorry folks but they can't even print out my faaaqing check or anyone elses but they are thinking about boosting morale for the salaried? Fuck them!!!!! I wish all the brothers and sisters that decided to stay luck because they will need it. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Edited by StlCowboy

Sorry folks but they can't even print out my faaaqing check or anyone elses but they are thinking about boosting morale for the salaried? Fuck them!!!!! I wish all the brothers and sisters that decided to stay luck because they will need it. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO GET!!!!!

We got the morale speech in Indy also :blah:

I really hope the International jumps all over this subject. If we (hourly) are getting screwed then they (salary) should not get that bonus. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about they are trying to keep talented people. There are thousands of us hourly workers just as talented or better. :yup:

I really hope the International jumps all over this subject. If we (hourly) are getting screwed then they (salary) should not get that bonus. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about they are trying to keep talented people. There are thousands of us hourly workers just as talented or better. :yup:

Nobody can contest that one. :happy feet:

you are 100% correct...........to the rest of you who think this is crying...keep your asses twisting in the wind/you must like it!

Edited by macattack

Keeping blaming the other guy idiot. At least your keeping consistent with your UAW roots.

isn't that the uaw way?...blame the government, the company, the union...anyone but ourselves...we are taught to depend on someone else for our existence....that's all about to come to an end this Sept.!

isn't that the uaw way?...blame the government, the company, the union...anyone but ourselves...we are taught to depend on someone else for our existence....that's all about to come to an end this Sept.!

Why does every post turn negative and people start calling other people names? I simply started this post because I and many other employees are a little pissed off at not getting our checks. We're not even getting any kind of solid information from the company. There are alot of people on here that just want to stir up shit.

"Don't take my kindness as a weakness."

True my dear. However, many of these individuals who will receive bonuses are not as easily replaceable as the line worker.

Besides, you don't have it so bad. White Collar Workers, not unionized, can much more easily be terminated and at a much lower cost than those associated with the United Auto Workers. Not to mention the other outrageous perks that the UAW workers enjoy.

So all in all, it balances out.

True my dear. However, many of these individuals who will receive bonuses are not as easily replaceable as the line worker.

Besides, you don't have it so bad. White Collar Workers, not unionized, can much more easily be terminated and at a much lower cost than those associated with the United Auto Workers. Not to mention the other outrageous perks that the UAW workers enjoy.

So all in all, it balances out.

Well first of all I am no longer an employee. I took the buyout and it is taking the company so far 5 weeks to print out checks. Second, the company is in terrible shape and has gotten rid of over 30,000 workers to trim costs and now they want to give upper managment bonuses to boost morale while at the same time not giving two shits about it's true work force, the "white coller". And lastly, if you did work on an assembly line for a while, say 13 years like myself, you would understand the "perks that we do have and how hard the union has worked to give us those benefits. I doubt you would last on the line. Also, the membership will most likly take more cuts in the upcoming contract talks. Please don't make comments on things you have no knowledge.

Well first of all I am no longer an employee. I took the buyout and it is taking the company so far 5 weeks to print out checks. Second, the company is in terrible shape and has gotten rid of over 30,000 workers to trim costs and now they want to give upper managment bonuses to boost morale while at the same time not giving two shits about it's true work force, the "white coller". And lastly, if you did work on an assembly line for a while, say 13 years like myself, you would understand the "perks that we do have and how hard the union has worked to give us those benefits. I doubt you would last on the line. Also, the membership will most likly take more cuts in the upcoming contract talks. Please don't make comments on things you have no knowledge.

Indeed, a very valid point of which I agree with you. I am sure that there are many white collar individuals who would not last on an assembly line.

Conversely, I am sure you would agree that many on the assembly line individuals would not last in the white collar positions in question here. That becomes painfully evident with some of the posts that are made on this little board.

So it comes down to economics and in this situation, a bonus of some sort is indeed appropriate for the white collar workers in question that the company needs. As stated earlier, it is much easier to replace an assembly line worker than a good white collar worker. The fact that temporary employees will be taking many of the former union positions is evidence of this.

White collar workers do not have any union protectionism, making them vulnerable to being dismissed in layoffs, bad job performance, excessive absenses from work or for that matter, breaking Ford rules while performing their duties. So any way that the company can boost their morale and let them know that they are indeed valuable during this time of reconstruction is applaudable. A bonus is highly appropriate.

Indeed, a very valid point of which I agree with you. I am sure that there are many white collar individuals who would not last on an assembly line.

Conversely, I am sure you would agree that many on the assembly line individuals would not last in the white collar positions in question here. That becomes painfully evident with some of the posts that are made on this little board.

So it comes down to economics and in this situation, a bonus of some sort is indeed appropriate for the white collar workers in question that the company needs. As stated earlier, it is much easier to replace an assembly line worker than a good white collar worker. The fact that temporary employees will be taking many of the former union positions is evidence of this.

White collar workers do not have any union protectionism, making them vulnerable to being dismissed in layoffs, bad job performance, excessive absenses from work or for that matter, breaking Ford rules while performing their duties. So any way that the company can boost their morale and let them know that they are indeed valuable during this time of reconstruction is applaudable. A bonus is highly appropriate.

Does it make it right to give bonuses to one side and not the other. Bottom line is that all of these people work for the same company. This means the company is playing favorites with only one side which brings us back to my title of this post. Understand?

Edited by StlCowboy

Its much easier to replace a white collar worker then it is a GOOD line worker. I know I am right on that, And you SIR cannot contest that.

These temp ee's are UNION and many are quiting and or getting fired left and right (which I will be the first to admit some deserve it. Along with many UAW Ford ee's). When the upper levels of managment are failing they should NOT be rewarded PERIOD. ESSPECIALLY when the company is bleeding. Us Union workers should not get special bonuses either (we have given up alot already). They can take that 1K and keep some ACH plants open and keep everyone working. Even at "high wages" they can maintain themselves.

What's stopping the white collar workers from not being in a union?

A bonus is highly appropriate.

quote]

When the job is done! This would prove they have the mettle to get it done and not be just be another meeting manager like 70% of them. As an example , we have many engineers on the floor and having worked with them for years I can only count 4-5 who really know what they are doing.

in reply to ms.melanie......... when things are going good the workers on the floor are just doing their jobs however when things are going badly let's cut those over paid BLUE collar employees...they're lazy and spoiled,etc. BUT when things are going good the WHITE collar employees get most of the congrads on a job well done.However when things are going badly how often are they ridiculed and talked about in the media. The standard excuse when nothing else works is "well i guess we did make some mistakes" but we're gonna correct them.(how nice)and oh by the way can we have some type of bonus since we did work very hard all year...............lady get off your horse(mustang)it is this very "I"M BETTER THAN YOU"attitude that's decaying ford as a world class car company. You along with all those who think like you should get over yourselves and take the bad with the good like the rest of us....................OR get the hell out...believe it or not you too can be replaced in a heartbeat...believe that!!!

What is protectionism/

Giving a bonus to Ford management at this point equates to rewarding my dog for "doing his business" on my living room floor.

Maybe Ford should be worried about finding better people for management positions, instead of rewarding the ones that got us in this "mess" to begin with.

Couldn't have put it any better! Giving anybody a BONUS right now is insane!! Fact of the matter is they will be getting rid of some white collar, unfortunately it will be the few in plant who actually are effective instead of the 'upper' management that really should be removed!

Not true, they are just as easy to replace as any line working this of course also depends on thier years of

experience in Ford and/or there knowledge of the auto industry.

Besides, you don't have it so bad.

By whose standards?

I am sure most of us that has been on the floor long enough, or even a few years will tell you of the

nights they have been painfully awaken in the middle of the night due to an over exerted muscle or two.

Then if you keep doing that job that is causing the problem, and go to medical the doc will inform you...

"the pain your feeling is being aggreviated due to your (insert body part), which is a problem you had before coming to work.

(due to hereditary/surgery/medical condition, thats why we fill out those past medical history before we get hired)"

IF YOU NOTICE THE QUOTES HERE

This a standard practice to get out of workmans comp.

White Collar Workers, not unionized

Many white collar workers are unionized, or are seeking unionization.

International Union of Operating Engineers

can much more easily be terminated and at a much lower cost than those associated with the United Auto Workers.
See the first quote above.

Okay here is what is the funniest part of your statement!

Not to mention the other outrageous perks that the UAW workers enjoy

I would of gladly given up most of any or hell all of my benefits if I had perks like these while working at Ford perks.

Jets

2000 Pay Bonus/Shares

I would gladly put more links here... but just google and you find it.

Over the years, Ford has seen its share of "In the Black"... money was readly available to keep things moving in the right direction with new product lines, R&D, upgrade of plants to keep up with current trends. Problem was they didn't put that money in right place and lined the pockets of the white collar (bleeding Ford). If those PERKS was invested more into Ford (as the following article DOES state) for the long haul (50+ years) instead of a high bonus to the white collar even at todays prices. Ford would not have its shoes so firmally planted in the mess its gotten itself into today.

If you read the following article you will see that it started even when Ford #2 was in charge.

TIME MAG: Monday, Jan. 02, 1956

At todays dollars... I would be bouncing all over the place. :happy feet:

Well-Paid Team. Ford's growth has been the work of a high-octane management team headed by Henry Ford II and Ernest R. Breech, who was made the company's first board chairman this year. The team has been handsomely paid for its job. The eleven top officers of the company collected $2,414,500 in direct compensation this year (including some held over from 1954); Breech and Ford each received $321,000.
Hell, even vendors got good perks at one time.

Vendor Perks

such as free trips
When is the last time did any of us floor pounders get a free trip?

We get are names on a board or plaque that states accomplishments, while others get a free trip...

:ohsnap:

Now the ship is sinking... they take the money and run. While the true believers in Ford, the blue collar workers stick with it.

Managers See Leaving FordAs a Better Idea

John Coletti, who leftFord in 2005 at age 55 as director of special vehicle teams after 33 years with the auto maker

Sorry to seem like I am singling you out, thats not the case... just pointing out that there is some logic why the blue collar workers that are still out on the floor that are very upset about these bonus's, and they have every RIGHT to be.

As they say... "History repeats itself", they should be putting the money to work for Ford and NOT lining pockets.

Edited by darkkon

The process Japan and China use to keep American made products out of their country.

That's what Canada and the U.S.A. should be looking at and realize that free trade needs to be fixed, we are losing too many good jobs while other countries are reaping the benefits. :redcard:

Wow, and you wonder why people can't get along :doh: ...first off I 100% agree that it does seem pretty brutal to be talking of paying out bonuses while we are all going through very tough times. But to comment on people arguing who is easier to replace, a line worker or a salaried worker - wake the fuck up...In the grand scheme of things EVERYONE is replaceable - if a computer or monkey can be found to do your job, you will sooner or later be gone...if you are a useless piece of shit you will be gone, the only difference is that a salary worker can be terminated immediately while the union unfortunately has to protect pieces of shit on the line, but don't worry your time will eventually come...