New Expedition Sales Climb 15% while Tahoe falls 35%

range

make that a 38.7% sales decline for the Tahoe

Tahoe sales fell 38.7% in January to 8360 while Expedition climbed 15% to 6143.

Even more interesting, Escalade sold 2169 to Navigators 1788, even though the Escalade had the highest incentives of any vehicle on the market.

I thought the new Navigator was supposed to be no match for the Escalade? Doesn't seem to be happening, even with the huge incentives on the Escalade.

Oh, and the Mark LT outsells the Caddy version 774 to 530.

Hmmm, I thought you needed like 400HP to sell a vehicle in todays marketplace, at least thats what the BONheads say.

Edited by range

make that a 38.7% sales decline for the Tahoe

Tahoe sales fell 38.7% in January to 8360 while Expedition climbed 15% to 6143.

Even more interesting, Escalade sold 2169 to Navigators 1788, even though the Escalade had the highest incentives of any vehicle on the market.

I thought the new Navigator was supposed to be no match for the Escalade? Doesn't seem to be happening, even with the huge incentives on the Escalade.

Oh, and the Mark LT outsells the Caddy version 774 to 530.

Hmmm, I thought you needed like 400HP to sell a vehicle in todays marketplace, at least thats what the BONheads say.

iam not much of a truck fan, but i saw a eddie bauer expedition and i suddenly had the urge to buy something that gets like 10 mpg lol.. man, that thing is awesome looking.

The new Expedition is quietly getting better industry reports than anything Ford has built in a long time. Of course, GM is really the only competition, but it's nice to see such positive reports. Kind of makes you keep hoping that things may be changing at Ford after all in a positive manner.

They even have a decent TV advertisement for the Expedition! Go figure.

I'd put money on it that even the Hindenberg had nice shiny leather Captain's Chairs too before.... Well, we all know the rest.

Must be some high brow humor I don't get. Anyhow, the 07 Expy is one of the better refreshes I've seen from Ford in a while. If they can do the other products like this one there will be good news.

The Expedition has quietly beaten the Tahoe/Suburban in pretty much every direct comparison. The majority of those were surprised also.

It is just a better SUV.

I really like it. I would really like one. Can anyone throw................... oh.................... say...................... $40K my way. LOL

Well for the Expedition, it is also counting the expedition EL in with it.

So adding the suburban to the tahoe sales would be a better indication of sale numbers.

Also as far as the Navigator goes I don't see the point in praising a uncompetitive vehicle no matter how good it sells. Having that mindset is nothing but stupid. Navigator is very uncompetitive and shame on Ford.................why the praise for a crappy vehicle ESPECIALLY compared to its competition?

One reason the Tahoe has dropped that much is because most of the ones selling when the new on debuted, where the previous generations, which had anywhere from 6-10K off. I would say that's one big factor.

BTW, I'm still looking to see if the new generation has inherited that "one daylight lamp out" problem that their trucks seem to have. Now i'm wondering, if the Daytime running lamps, are considered a safety item, would that require a recall if NHTSA says so? I mean, it's like 2 of every 3 I see suffer from that issue.

One reason the Tahoe has dropped that much is because most of the ones selling when the new on debuted, where the previous generations, which had anywhere from 6-10K off. I would say that's one big factor.

BTW, I'm still looking to see if the new generation has inherited that "one daylight lamp out" problem that their trucks seem to have. Now i'm wondering, if the Daytime running lamps, are considered a safety item, would that require a recall if NHTSA says so? I mean, it's like 2 of every 3 I see suffer from that issue.

I heard the issue was solved and we would never see a vehicle like that again... for their sake i hope so.

Edited by Kool_ZX3

comparing tahoe to expedition sales are not a equal, exped regular size and the el no doubt is combined sales, tahoe is a in class it self.

i shopped escalades about a month ago, no incentives what so ever. 2 dealers offered invoice, but that s still 63k plus on a esv.

bought a leftover 06 navi, dealer sold 15k off sticker with zero percent financing . figured had 3 navi s already, go for one more.

did nt really care for yukon denali s nor the cadillac, too much engine/exhaust rumble for me,

regular yukon xl s under powered and lack of power 3 rd row seats , and little or no incentives .

07 navigators imo hit with ugly stick.

07 expeditions, nice, but the interiors lacking refinement. too much plastic imo.

could buy expedition at invoice at few dealers, there slow moving now with the cuv s coming to market, and gas prices. still an expensive vehicle to fill up .

comparing tahoe to expedition sales are not a equal, exped regular size and the el no doubt is combined sales, tahoe is a in class it self.

Not really because the Yukon also has the Yukon XL just like the Expy and Expy EL... But Im sure if they added in Suburban with the Yukon they out sold im sure.

i m sure the bump in sales had to do with the incentives to sell 06 's ... given i got an 06 navigator at 15k off sticker and zero financing..

still a few 06 expeditions and 06 navis at the local dealers. got my navi from crissman lincoln/mercury in michigan, liked the color combo and 2nd row bench.....they delivered for 300 bucks to work ..

wonder if the sales figures are on 07 s only ?

i dont think yukon / yukon xl s are included in the tahoe sales figures.... would think it s tahoe/surburban s and yukons and yukon xl s at the gmc dealer, would see reason to include those figures in tahoe sales.