TFT's can't hang.

jpage

MTP cannot keep TFT's working more than a shift or two. Is this scenario playing out at all locations, or is MTP special ?????

Unfortunately, the contract worker has this kind of reputation. Maybe 10% are really good workers. We had a guy back in Chassis that got his first pay check and walked out. He said that he "thought his check would be more". We have a woman who is constantly being disciplined. She has already signed herself out and AWOLed. I have mixed feelings about them. I know that they were the ones who helped push the COA, but still they probably need a job. Ford Motor Company needs to realize you get what you pay for.

I heard that out of our initial group of 50 at Sandusky ACH we only have 5 left. Not sure how the other groups are doing, but we keep getting more all the time. Most that I've talked to are waiting to go back to other jobs, construction etc., or until they can find a job with health benefits so I'm sure we'll have a steady turnover as long as we have TFT's.

Edited by DeezNutz

Quality just hit the shithouse along with some great employees who once worked here.

We can't survive with this shit going on.Temps will be the end of this place.Think about it they hate the job there on,they quit next guy gets on there and tries and tries but can't get it.He never let people know that he hasn't torqued that strut bolt down all night but hey why does he care he's making 10 dollars less than the guy next to him with no benefits for his 3 kids and hey there is no future for permanent employment,so fuck it.

This is not good!

Just curious, what are these guys getting paid?

I worked as a summer 89 dayer in Cleveland, but I was a Ford employee, a member of the union and was paid the standard 70% of base rate the same as any other new hire.

I didn't have any problem with the money, it was still more money (per hour) than I'd ever made before. And I was there with "friendly" workers, my father and his friends worked a few lines over.

Quality just hit the shithouse along with some great employees who once worked here.

We can't survive with this shit going on.Temps will be the end of this place.Think about it they hate the job there on,they quit next guy gets on there and tries and tries but can't get it.He never let people know that he hasn't torqued that strut bolt down all night but hey why does he care he's making 10 dollars less than the guy next to him with no benefits for his 3 kids and hey there is no future for permanent employment,so fuck it.

This is not good!

This would be a good time for the "autoworkers are overpaid" and "any monkey can do your job" people to speak up and defend the TFTs.

That was sarcasm, btw.

Just curious, what are these guys getting paid?

I worked as a summer 89 dayer in Cleveland, but I was a Ford employee, a member of the union and was paid the standard 70% of base rate the same as any other new hire.

I didn't have any problem with the money, it was still more money (per hour) than I'd ever made before. And I was there with "friendly" workers, my father and his friends worked a few lines over.

If I'm not mistaken, they are getting $14 an hour.

As long as the company hires people that see nothing long term for them, they're not going to care and are not going to stick around.

Edited by sandusky plastics

Every now and then, I find a thread where I simply *must* chime in. :yup:

I did my first stint as a TFT in 2003, under the premise that those "lucky" enough to survive 90 days would be hired. I had no clue what an 89 day wonder was, and the fact that I was one of them. I busted my ass non stop, hoping someone might take notice of the fact that not only did I *want* this job, I also needed it.

My second stint was in 2004, and again, I figured I might be one of the lucky. I'll let you guess how that one played out.

Third stint was at a different plant in 2005, so by this time, I'm hoping my luck had changed. Didn't happen.

Fourth and final was in 2006. Once again, I kept an open mind, and continued to give it my all. And here I am today. :)

I guess the moral of the story is this: I love cars...........they're my hobby. I race them, work on them, show them...........it's a way of life. So naturally, I was always eager to learn as much as I could about how they're built, and was quite surprised at just how much goes into each vehicle. When I completed each job with pride, I did so not only because I feel that my work is a reflection of myself, but also because I could somehow picture the person buying that unit (and I'd rather have them be a satisfied owner than some poor sap stuck with a lemon because of ME). Call me crazy, but I'm not disgruntled, and never have been. From my experience, I walked away knowing alot more about vehicle assembly. I also enjoyed the perks of a job that offered me more than double the pay rate I was accustomed to working for.

And the only reason 2006 was the "fourth and final" time as a TFT is because I have realized that I need something secure and stable. I'm currently in school, and when I graduate in 2009, I'll be a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with a specialty in Cardiovascular. :)

P.S. Just wanted to add that I *never* missed a day, nor was I late. I dunno how it works in other plants, but where WE were, if you miss a day, you're finished. Further, we were NEVER permitted to pick and choose jobs, much less refuse them. Once again, we'd have been booted out those double doors just as fast as we entered them.

Edited by Evil95GT

I did my first stint as a TFT in 2003, under the premise that those "lucky" enough to survive 90 days would be hired. I had no clue what an 89 day wonder was, and the fact that I was one of them. I busted my ass non stop, hoping someone might take notice of the fact that not only did I *want* this job, I also needed it.

My second stint was in 2004, and again, I figured I might be one of the lucky. I'll let you guess how that one played out.

Third stint was at a different plant in 2005, so by this time, I'm hoping my luck had changed. Didn't happen.

Fourth and final was in 2006. Once again, I kept an open mind, and continued to give it my all. And here I am today. :)

I guess the moral of the story is this: I love cars...........they're my hobby. I race them, work on them, show them...........it's a way of life. So naturally, I was always eager to learn as much as I could about how they're built, and was quite surprised at just how much goes into each vehicle. When I completed each job with pride, I did so not only because I feel that my work is a reflection of myself, but also because I could somehow picture the person buying that unit (and I'd rather have them be a satisfied owner than some poor sap stuck with a lemon because of ME). Call me crazy, but I'm not disgruntled, and never have been. From my experience, I walked away knowing alot more about vehicle assembly. I also enjoyed the perks of a job that offered me more than double the pay rate I was accustomed to working for.

And the only reason 2006 was the "fourth and final" time as a TFT is because I have realized that I need something secure and stable. I'm currently in school, and when I graduate in 2009, I'll be a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with a specialty in Cardiovascular. :)

P.S. Just wanted to add that I *never* missed a day, nor was I late. I dunno how it works in other plants, but where WE were, if you miss a day, you're finished. Further, we were NEVER permitted to pick and choose jobs, much less refuse them. Once again, we'd have been booted out those double doors just as fast as we entered them.

If more people were like you; both temps and regular employees, Ford would have a much less of a chance to be in this mess.

YOU WILL succeed if your account is accurate. We can all whine, bitch, and of course moan, but the truth is----->Ford forcing you down the path you have taken, is probably the best thing that could have happened to you.

It is not I do not want you in our employment, but rather your future is most important to me if I am American. I am, so your employment is!!!!

Good luck, and if I end up in your medical facility, give me a discount, lol!!!!!!

That's all fine and dandy till one of those tft/tpt's run across a lazy group leader with a big mouth. I witnessed that crap 1st hand, man. Left me very very bitter.

btw - by 1st hand I meant the guy I was training got the boot due to a "bad mix" of Freestyles, and couldn't keep up without some support and a group "leader" decided to give the "stuporvisor" a piece of her mind and got the guy a bad rep with the one who reported him to labor relations. Next day, he was gone. No 89 days. 3 and 1/3 weeks, boom, gone. Hard job as is, harder with the "bad mix". He had the job down, I told the "stuporvisor" as so, but the GL had final say it appears.

If more people were like you; both temps and regular employees, Ford would have a much less of a chance to be in this mess.

YOU WILL succeed if your account is accurate. We can all whine, bitch, and of course moan, but the truth is----->Ford forcing you down the path you have taken, is probably the best thing that could have happened to you.

It is not I do not want you in our employment, but rather your future is most important to me if I am American. I am, so your employment is!!!!

Good luck, and if I end up in your medical facility, give me a discount, lol!!!!!!

Forgot to mention they still kept the 2 guys who started same day who have total accumulated 3 medical visits and 4 lost attendance and 3 tardies. My guy never called off, and was never late.

That's all fine and dandy till one of those tft/tpt's run across a lazy group leader with a big mouth. I witnessed that crap 1st hand, man. Left me very very bitter.

btw - by 1st hand I meant the guy I was training got the boot due to a "bad mix" of Freestyles, and couldn't keep up without some support and a group "leader" decided to give the "stuporvisor" a piece of her mind and got the guy a bad rep with the one who reported him to labor relations. Next day, he was gone. No 89 days. 3 and 1/3 weeks, boom, gone. Hard job as is, harder with the "bad mix". He had the job down, I told the "stuporvisor" as so, but the GL had final say it appears.

The temps that I'm working around say they are making 21.50/hour. Most of ours are still hanging where I work at AAI. I've heard that a few have gotten fired, and I've met a couple that need to be fired, we've got enough people that won't work now, we don't need temps that won't work.

As long as the company hires people that see nothing long term for them, they're not going to care and are not going to stick around.

you would be wrong. I work right next to a TFT and we talk through the night and I askied him if he did not mind if he would tell me whtat he made an hour for being a TFT. He told me he thought $22/hour. I said i did not think that was right, but sure enough the next Thursdy night he showed me his paycheck and he makes about $22/hour

you would be wrong. I work right next to a TFT and we talk through the night and I askied him if he did not mind if he would tell me whtat he made an hour for being a TFT. He told me he thought $22/hour. I said i did not think that was right, but sure enough the next Thursdy night he showed me his paycheck and he makes about $22/hour

22 dollars an hour? yea right

Good job Brother........In a way sound like it was a blessing in some sort of way the factory life didnt work out for ya. I started out as a tpt in Monroe , back in the day, and was under the same strict guide lines..The Company didnt care what your excuses were why you didnt report to work. They wanted you there. PERIOD!........If you couldnt make it, you had to have a real good reason, and real good record and repore. May be we need to get back in line of that sort of mind frame and disciplanary responsabilities. (im sure there will be someone who will flame me for saying that)

Is it possible that some of these people were former Ford employees that were at full rate before? Back in the old days it only took 90 days and you were at full rate.

When I worked as an 89 dayer, I worked with guys that had been laid off in the 80's, they were paid full rate while I was at 70%. (So they were paid more than regular hires that didn't have enough time in yet to be at full rate).