Ford Fairlane Minivan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I they end up making it look like a tall Edge with regular doors instead of sliding doors then it's pointless. Also, if they loose the look of the Fairlane concept then that will be a loss. Because when I see it i dont think mini-van. I see it as an efficiently packaged passenger vehicle without the typical dustbuster front end. I think the dustbuster/shuttle look and stigma is what they are trying to get away from, and not the practical features that make it a purposeful user friendly vehicle. I think people want more of a personal look injected with some testosterone.

• 4 months later...
Just my opinion, but that thing is FUGLY. Reminds me of that stupid box on wheels that Honda made or makes.

why does ford insist on ruining thes iconic names like the fairlane, monterey, montego.......... wait that thing was hideous for its day....... i mean c'mom fairlane, and monterey were classy back in the day, and now they've turned them into soccer mom mini vans

why does ford insist on ruining thes iconic names like the fairlane, monterey, montego.......... wait that thing was hideous for its day....... i mean c'mom fairlane, and monterey were classy back in the day, and now they've turned them into soccer mom mini vans

For the umpteenth time, the production version of this vehicle will use a DIFFERENT name. :finger:

For the umpteenth time, the production version of this vehicle will use a DIFFERENT name. :finger:

There should really be a sticky note about this for new members. This thing is supposed to be an 08 model right? When will Ford finally give it a name so we can stop calling it "the Fairlane concept based people mover that's not a minivan but will replace Ford's minivan but don't call it a minivan even though it's a lot like a minivan" ?

It's really grown on me. Think of it as a large Mini Cooper rather than the breadbox like Scion xB/Element. IF it has a 4cyl/manual on a light Focus sized(?) chassis it could be a good handling and sporty people mover.

Ford needs some high gas mileage/and or Hybrid cars and trucks. 12 mpg SUVs will not save Ford!

There should really be a sticky note about this for new members. This thing is supposed to be an 08 model right? When will Ford finally give it a name so we can stop calling it "the Fairlane concept based people mover that's not a minivan but will replace Ford's minivan but don't call it a minivan even though it's a lot like a minivan" ?

What is in a name?

Considering the tooling hasn't even started going in and production is still a ways away, what's the rush? Put it out there so it will be old and stale before the product is released? Or wait until it's close to the release date so it's somewhat current and relevant?

What is in a name?

Considering the tooling hasn't even started going in and production is still a ways away, what's the rush? Put it out there so it will be old and stale before the product is released? Or wait until it's close to the release date so it's somewhat current and relevant?

TPMFKAF- The People Mover Formerly Known As Fairlane. I don't think Prince is using his old symbol anymore. Maybe we can come up with a symbol for this.