More Incentives on New Tundra

range

People in this thread

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46605

Are saying the Edge has up to $4k in rebates nd incentives on it.

Not sure if it legit since they are simply forumers but people are agreeing that they seen them too, which leads to one question why the hell didn't just price the Edge at 24 or 23k to begin with?

Sorry DCK, but you're posting bad info. Try to verify info before you post it in the future. The article I posted above is from Forbes, just a tiny bit more reliable than the forums of a GM page. :lol:

Both retail and dealer incentive information is available every week, its not a secret.

The latest information has $0 in rebates for the Edge.

Sorry to burst your bubble!

Its pretty funny how some people can be so gullible and easy to fool.

Edited by range

Now AutoBLog is mocking the high incentives on the new Tundra.

AutoBlog on Tundra incentives

"Should it be necessary to offer incentives to your dealers to buy the very product you're trying to sell?

"Maybe Toyota should also consider offering special incentives to the behind-the-scenes crews of its commercials and, what the heck, those NHTSA workers too. Couldn't hurt."

Ouch

In the case of the Edge and Tundra both, as well as most cars being sold to your typical "domestic" customer, you have to at least make it look like you are putting money on the hood. Really, take the person that has bought three or four domestic vehicles in the last 5-10 years...they are accustom to getting a rebate. It's the very first question they are going to ask when negotiating, "Where's my friggin rebate?"

The Edge is a domestic car, and the Tundra is being marketed to domestic customers. It seems to make sense that in the case of both products, they would have taken into account that they "have" to offer a rebate even though it's nothing more than cranking up the sticker and then subtracting it back off, right?

Sorry DCK, but you're posting bad info. Try to verify info before you post it in the future. The article I posted above is from Forbes, just a tiny bit more reliable than the forums of a GM page. :lol:

Both retail and dealer incentive information is available every week, its not a secret.

The latest information has $0 in rebates for the Edge.

Sorry to burst your bubble!

Its pretty funny how some people can be so gullible and easy to fool.

Ok idiot, get off your high horse and learn to read.

Did you miss this part I posted "Not sure if it legit since they are simply forumers" in the post?

Huh?

And if I wanted to have a big bubble I would of made my own thread about it.

So think before you post.

In the case of the Edge and Tundra both, as well as most cars being sold to your typical "domestic" customer, you have to at least make it look like you are putting money on the hood. Really, take the person that has bought three or four domestic vehicles in the last 5-10 years...they are accustom to getting a rebate. It's the very first question they are going to ask when negotiating, "Where's my friggin rebate?"

The Edge is a domestic car, and the Tundra is being marketed to domestic customers. It seems to make sense that in the case of both products, they would have taken into account that they "have" to offer a rebate even though it's nothing more than cranking up the sticker and then subtracting it back off, right?

Yeah but if you have to offer it to your DEALERS?????? Man that is sinkin kinda low. The Tundra is gonna tank, maybe a few sales at first but then it will nosedive. It's really a bad sign if you have to pay your dealers to take em.

my local dealer has no rebates on edges.. and he cant keep themo the lot.. last sunday i went and browsed around, he had 4, 3 SELs and 1 SE..

today i went and looked again.. all gone...

not inside on display or in service hiding either.. so they most likely got sold.. F150s are like gone too, he said they have 1k in rebates on them and thats it..

my local dealer has no rebates on edges.. and he cant keep themo the lot.. last sunday i went and browsed around, he had 4, 3 SELs and 1 SE..

today i went and looked again.. all gone...

not inside on display or in service hiding either.. so they most likely got sold.. F150s are like gone too, he said they have 1k in rebates on them and thats it..

Rebates are often regional. I did search for rebates and incentives under my zip code and came up with a big zero for the Edge.

Tell him to come up to Toledo, OH or Monroe, MI. Friendly and Brondes Ford's lots are overflowing with them.

Brondes Ford has 164 vehicles in their inventory. There are 10 Edges, making them 6% of the total inventory. That doesn't sound outrageously high for a dealership of that size.

On APRs and Edge: The discount APRs should count as incentives, as Ford's marketing budget has to transfer money to Ford Credit to account for the difference between some accepted APR and the discount rate, less the time value of money (rough guestimate: 75% of the total difference in finance charges).

It is one of the smarter incentives to give, as it doesn't dilute resale.

Also, as with the Fusion, Ford is doing this to give the vehicles a 'pop' coming out of the gate. The Fusion hit the market with a $500 incentive.

As far as this incentive goes, bad for Toyota it's being publicized, as it is a really small deal (how many dealers is this affecting?)

However, it does highlight the reality that Toyota has likely overextended themselves in adding 200k units of truck capacity into a flat market.

10 is "the lots are overflowing with them?" Okey Dokey.

Here in AZ, I am seeing plenty of new Tundras on the street. I have also seen a few Edges. Ford is offering the discount financing, because GM is. Their new "best thing since buttered bread," GMT900's have a $1000 rebate, plus discount financing.

Many of the incentives that some of you are seeing, are dealership incentives, not Manufacturer incentives. In Toyotas case, they have a tendency to give dealerships incentives, so that it doesn't look like they are directly giving customers incentives. Its all about perception.

I'll be the first to say it...I think it's gonna flop in the long term. No one thinks Toyota can have anything less then complete success with everything they touch, but this time I get a feeling this huge Tundra will be Toyota's first massive flop in the marketplace considering the level of money spent on the project. Why? Because people don't want a bigger light duty pickup...that thing is downright HUGE in person yet it is still a light duty pickup. If you are gonna pay the price for huge and need a huge pickup then you will go with a REAL heavy duty truck like the Super Duty.

Sure Toyota has money to waste so even if it doesn't come close to their projections it won't bother them. I just don't think it is going to sell that much better then the outgoing model.

Oh and did anyone mention...it's ugly! I honestly think Toyota would have been better off doing a redesign of their outgoing Tundra. It was a nice sized truck. It actually was slightly trimmer then the Detroit pickups and therefore it had something to set it apart from the rest.

Remember the Titan was going to wreak havoc on Detroit and we see how that turned out.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Ok. I concede. If I wanted to use the word overflowing, I should have used the Fusion as an example.

Still have yet to see one on the road, tho. Maybe they are just not selling around here because the latest sales figures look pretty good.

Do want me to tell you how many Fusions Brondes has in stock???

:hysterical:

Because people don't want a bigger light duty pickup...that thing is downright HUGE in person yet it is still a light duty pickup. If you are gonna pay the price for huge and need a huge pickup then you will go with a REAL heavy duty truck like the Super Duty.

I tend to agree with what you said, but really, can't you make the same argument about all of the new so called "half ton" trucks on the market? I mean, they are bragging about who tows the most and they are throwing 10,000Lbs around like it's a pop up camper. It wasn't that long ago that the typical 1 ton dually was good for only 12,000Lbs. And the new 1/2 ton trucks, hell, you can't hardly reach over the bed rail to get something out of the bed.

Yes, I agree, but it should be said that SOMEONE is buying these things.

As far as the Tundra being a flop, I think we all agree that this is their first real, true, gloves off attempt. I think that success or failure won't be determined until about 2012. That'll be 5 years on the market. Also, success won't be determined by sales, but on profits.

That ALL being said, I think that Ford is in a great position. They have seen what the "others" are going to have, their best shot for the next 5 years, and know what they have to do in 09. The current F-150 is competitive enough to get em through until then.

Odd crossover. Saw my first on the road Edge Saturday on the opposite side of I-29 headed S. pegged it as a Ford from quite aways away (thanks to the big blue oval) but thought it was an F150 with grille inserts at first. Didn't recognize it as an Edge until it was about oh I don't know 150 yds off, and I could see the side.

Odd crossover. Saw my first on the road Edge Saturday on the opposite side of I-29 headed S. pegged it as a Ford from quite aways away (thanks to the big blue oval) but thought it was an F150 with grille inserts at first. Didn't recognize it as an Edge until it was about oh I don't know 150 yds off, and I could see the side.

I saw an Edge with paper tags running around Sioux Falls last week. On the street it looks pretty neat...you certainly don't mistake it for anything but a Ford. I saw an MKX on I-90 around Mitchell when I was going back home last weekend. It was a white chocolate colored one and looked really sharp.

I saw an Edge with paper tags running around Sioux Falls last week. On the street it looks pretty neat...you certainly don't mistake it for anything but a Ford. I saw an MKX on I-90 around Mitchell when I was going back home last weekend. It was a white chocolate colored one and looked really sharp.

Sioux Falls Ford doesn't seem to have any shortage of either of those now.

BTW... Like my sig? I saw that Edge on the way to the SDSU/Illinois State game. The game was awesome, and with Missouri out, I give the Jacks pretty good odds to make it to the semis, and a reasonable shot of reaching the championship. There's no one on their side of the bracket that's played them this year. Kansas State will be tough, but Sagarin's got SDSU at 32 and K-State at 64.

I saw my first 2 edges two weeks ago traveling from Springfield to Boston, one was that Orange color in the commercials and the other was white. I saw them both heading the opposite direction on the Mass Pike. They look great. I only walk and take public transportation when I am in Boston so I haven't seen anymore yet but I was suprised because I didn't see my first fusion until end of March of 2006 so looks like the Edge might be making its way into import-fest massachusetts.

I saw my first Edge out on the Road yesterday...Orange one...looked pretty sharp even though it had salt all over it.

I see an MKX every day now on my way into work every morning. I think the guy had a Aviator prior to because I used to see it all the time on the same road, plus it had DOD stickers on it like the MKX does.

The one dealership up the street from me had an Orange Edge move with in a couple days of getting it, the Cream colored ones took longer or they just recently moved them...

At the Toledo, or Maumee store? :redcard:

You wanna impress me, go over there and count them by hand. :stirpot:

Maumee has 10 and Toleda has 18.

You may find hand counting a quaint, old fashioned practice, but I prefer using online inventory searches. Technology is a wonderful thing! :shades: