Where's the Mulally news?

I don't do that sort of thing. The Twin Force GTDI 3.5 will be in the CY 2009/MY 2010 Taurus restyle.

Ugh. It better be more than the 07 > 08 type of "restyle" or Ford is about useless. Shouldn't it be due for a bottom-up redesign by then, if they are indeed sticking to the 5-6 year product cycle?

still seems like a VERY expensive solution with inherrent maintenence expenses as well.....4.6 will be cheaper proposition....just spend some bux on refinement etc

If they are making 250K units of this engine a year...cost wont be an issue. Plus the 4.6L won't get 20+ MPG like the TwinForce is supposed to get in a F-150!

Ugh. It better be more than the 07 > 08 type of "restyle" or Ford is about useless. Shouldn't it be due for a bottom-up redesign by then, if they are indeed sticking to the 5-6 year product cycle?

I'd assume that it would be an all new design...or at least totally new front and rear ends on it.

Very interesting news indeed. This lends a great deal of credibility to the theory that SVT is not dead... it's just waiting for the right engines. Why try to work with Ford's current crap, when Ford has an all-new family of engines coming out very soon with MUCH more potential (Boss/Cyclone). With 425hp on tap, this should make VERY short work of the 300C SRT-8, especially with AWD and a much more balanced chassis. I could definately get into a black on black monochromatic Sable Marauder with 20" rims.

I remember the days when we were lamenting about the MKS having just a 265hp V6 and 315hp V8. We really underestimated Ford on this one.

If the TwinForce makes 350 lb-ft @ 2000 RPM, there's your 4.6 replacement.

Still don't like the stigma of a smaller displacement engine working harder in a Truck when a larger displacement engine could be loping and producing similar results...in a car a TT ia a different beast...the less inertia of lower curb weights go's hand in hand with turbo's etc....

Still don't like the stigma of a smaller displacement engine working harder in a Truck when a larger displacement engine could be loping and producing similar results...in a car a TT ia a different beast...the less inertia of lower curb weights go's hand in hand with turbo's etc....

All a matter of perception really. If the 2000 RPM number is accurate, it would seem the turbos are designed to spool relatively quickly, and that torque number already puts the 4.6 to shame. It's probably a lighter and more refined setup to boot.

All a matter of perception really. If the 2000 RPM number is accurate, it would seem the turbos are designed to spool relatively quickly, and that torque number already puts the 4.6 to shame. It's probably a lighter and more refined setup to boot.

Probably right, but high revving engines are not condusive to pickup trucks...witness the Tundras horsepower bragging at over 5000 rpms....5000 rpms in a pickup is utterly useless...

Probably right, but high revving engines are not condusive to pickup trucks...witness the Tundras horsepower bragging at over 5000 rpms....5000 rpms in a pickup is utterly useless...

If it makes 350 lb-ft @ 2000 RPM, it appears it wouldn't need to be high-revving at all. Simply because it has fewer cylinders doesn't automatically mean it is going to or need to rev higher.

I believe there has been at least one F150 (maybe more) running around Dearborn with a TT 3.5L engine for quite some time.

If it makes 350 lb-ft @ 2000 RPM, it appears it wouldn't need to be high-revving at all. Simply because it has fewer cylinders doesn't automatically mean it is going to or need to rev higher.

I sincerely hope you are right...just not a big Turbo guy...especially inpick me ups...