Fusion Coupe

• 5 months later...
I think you just hit on a solution to overdoing the standard three bar grille! If the whole line-up gets it then it will take away the originality of the Fusion and the Edge!post-27216-1184223164_thumb.jpg

I don't know if any of you noticed, but that's actually the grille/headlights, etc. off the Ford Equator concept a few years back (basically an Escape w/ a new front end).

alt.jpg

I think this one is the 2000 Equator (truck) concept, but I think it looks kinda cool.

TorqueOmata4243.jpg

Edited by rmc523

I think we need a Fusion Coupe most of all. I'd also like to see a Fusion Convertible. As for your photoshop, I am not too big on the gigantic doors and length. It looks good, but too big. Almost a full-size coupe, a breed of two-doors which is all but dead.

I think there's a market for a mid-size coupe/convertible, as shown by the G6.

RMC523 noticed where the trend came from.

- Ford does carry over upcoming cues.

That one will be close to the one on the next F-150:

- derived from the 350.

I kinda didn't like the front they were coming with on the next f150 but since u done this, it actually doesn't look bad, so i may like it more than i thought.

RMC523 noticed where the trend came from.

- Ford does carry over upcoming cues.

That one will be close to the one on the next F-150:

- derived from the 350.

I've noticed the Super Duty cues are being transplanted onto the F-150 in spy shots as well.

• 2 months later...

For the Fusion to be made into the coupe, you would want it as close to the orginal sedan as possible like the roof line, rear deck lid, rear lights etc. That would make more attractive to Ford to build it because there would be less research and engineering that would need to be done. You want as much of a cookie cutter solution as possible to make it more profitable.

The Fusion coupe came up earlier but there were a few engineering guru's kept on knocking it down and said it would be too expensive for Ford to do this and that Ford is not in the position right now to take that chance. I figure if Nissan and Honda can do it to their cars, then why can't Ford do the same? Remember back in the 60's and 70's when they had several options on cars that you can buy? They all looked the same as base except for the number of doors. I am betting that if Ford does come up with a Fusion coupe, it may end up being one of their best sellers, I know I would buy one.

I prefer the current roof line this should be the model for the Fusion coupe!

This to me is the best rendering of a Fusion Coupe so far. Something about it harks back to the essensce of Torino fastbacks. I do hink it should have a faster roofline than the sedan to be appealing. Looking at how Ford made a two door our of a four door Focus, it's clear to me it has much less of an impact being just a two door version of a sedan. However even the Fusion sedan has a much better roofline that translates better into a coupe.

Ford used to be a master at designing a little Mustang or Thunderbird influence into every car from economy to luxury to appeal to a broad range of buyers. Every car Ford has now looks like it is going to a different party. A Gillette grille alone is not what I consider brand continuity.

So far Ford has illustrated to me there is never a business case for anything appealing or exciting other than a Mustang. The lack of impact on the market for the Focus, Fusion and Taurus is proof enough Ford needs to learn how to make their products look exciting enough for people to buy them. It doesn't matter how much better the platforms are engineered now if Ford cannot design an appealing looking package to attract buyers and keep them from choosing non-Ford brands.

Edited by Watchdevil