So will we have to wait to the Press Conference to see the Flex?

igor

Ford Flex  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will the manage to keep it secret?

• No It will be show tonight/overnight.
    • Yes, we will not se it before the conference begins.

The new Flex will be introduced tomorrow morning, yet we have not seen a single picture of the product. I believe at this point it is one of the VERY few NYIAS models we have yet to spot.

Do you think Ford will manage to keep it under wraps until the conference, or will we see it overnight?

Post your bets.

And I will see you tomorrow discussing the Flex :D

Igor

Edited by igor

If it hasn't broken cover yet, I don't think it will 'til morning. Maybe Ford's learning, and if so...they may be able to disguise their irons in the fire better than we think.

I agree wholeheartedly...Ford is one of the worst offenders of showing a product WAY too early and introducing it AFTER the thunder. I remember one of their BEST campaigns was to do with the Ford Probe....they would just show a glimpse of a body contour...they teased the crap outa the public...I was getting constant phone calls asking what the hell was this "new" ford...worked people into a frenzy..........

I agree wholeheartedly...Ford is one of the worst offenders of showing a product WAY too early and introducing it AFTER the thunder. I remember one of their BEST campaigns was to do with the Ford Probe....they would just show a glimpse of a body contour...they teased the crap outa the public...I was getting constant phone calls asking what the hell was this "new" ford...worked people into a frenzy..........

While I wasn't working at my present job when the Probe was released (I was in elementary school, lol), I do remember the BS we went through with the Thunderbird. It took WAY TOO DAMN LONG for the car to come out after the concept was released.

While I wasn't working at my present job when the Probe was released (I was in elementary school, lol), I do remember the BS we went through with the Thunderbird. It took WAY TOO DAMN LONG for the car to come out after the concept was released.

same with the GT40...before we found out all we could get initially was red and then the stripes werea problem ( a 5000 dollar problem.... )

I don't think any printed media got pics earlier this time. Seems Ford finally learned from their mistakes. (Or not, seeing as how the Flex won't be out until well after January's NAIAS... too early to show it.)

The online media most likely got access to the media today, and are under embargo right now.

Maybe someone will "accidentaly" break the embargo before midnight...

Edited by pcsario

Here's my vote:

It's not that exciting to look at, or we would have seen it already.

Flex == *bloated* Freestyle

WTF?

The only things left to see are the new front clip and production tailights.

If they didn't fuck those up, it's already a styling success.

Edited by pcsario

WTF?

The only thing that's left to see is the new front clip and the production tailights.

If they didn't fuck those up, it's already a styling success.

PLEASE GOD TELL ME THAT YOU'VE DRIVEN AN EDGE? Oh wait, you missed the automotive equivalent of a woman with butterface? Everything looks good, but the inside, the part that YOU, the owner, see all day.

I pity you...

PLEASE GOD TELL ME THAT YOU'VE DRIVEN AN EDGE? Oh wait, you missed the automotive equivalent of a woman with butterface? Everything looks good, but the inside, the part that YOU, the owner, see all day.

I pity you...

Most people believe the interior looks good, its only a few who say otherwise.

I think we'll have to wait for the embargo to end. I remember when the 05 Mustang pictures were leaked. Wow, that was a mess. Whoever took the shots took very unflattering pictures of the vehicle as well so a lot of people were disappointed when they initially saw it. White isn't the best color on a Mustang either. In any case, yeah, I hope they can seal the deal with this one. I am excited with Ford's momentum lately. They have been making great strides with their new product. They need the Taurus NOW to pick up the slack of the Five Hundred. I'm hoping Five Hundred sales are tanked because people know what's coming, but who knows?

I'm hoping Five Hundred sales are tanked because people know what's coming, but who knows?

Typical Car buyer: "Whats a Ford 500?"

Answer...We didn't advertise the damn thing..I think Ford knew what was coming, thus why CAP was idled late last year for a couple months (?) and they are just stringing along 500's till the plant is retooled.

Embargo is over, where the hell are the pics????

Everything else at NY is out already..

I swear Ford is like the frikking CIA, it would be better to not be so damn secretive, it's not like anybody is looking to what they are doing for future idea's!!

Edited by Blueblood

Embargo is over, where the hell are the pics????

Everything else at NY is out already..

I swear Ford is like the frikking CIA, it would be better to not be so damn secretive, it's not like anybody is looking to what they are doing for future idea's!!

It's fantastic that they don't seem to share your view.