2007 Sales: Lincoln Up 8.1% Cadillac Down 8.1%

range

What gives?

Lincoln is up YTD 8%, and up 10% in March

Cadillac is down 8% YTD and down 8.4% in March.

I thought the MKZ was going to be a disaster?

I thought a rebadged Edge wasn't going to sell?

How can Cadillac dump billions into that division and have results like this?

Edited by range

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gives?

The 3.5L really helped the MKZ out shine the Zepher.... ( It would do the same thing to the Fusion/Milan )

I am suprised that people would buy the MKX over a loaded Edge. After driving the two, I could not see the MKX as worth the difference... ( + I Hate the MKX grill ) To each his own...

much as I hate to be a negative norman...it is not hard to have an increase when you hardley sell anything to begin with....but a good sign non the less.....now give them some exciting product with their OWN identity and VOILA! 150% increase.............

The 3.5L really helped the MKZ out shine the Zepher.... ( It would do the same thing to the Fusion/Milan )

I am suprised that people would buy the MKX over a loaded Edge. After driving the two, I could not see the MKX as worth the difference... ( + I Hate the MKX grill ) To each his own...

THERS THAT GRILL AGAIN...........ARRRRRG! whack the waterfall......tack on gaudiness

much as I hate to be a negative norman...it is not hard to have an increase when you hardley sell anything to begin with....but a good sign non the less.....now give them some exciting product with their OWN identity and VOILA! 150% increase.............

Actually, Lincoln and Cadillac were separated by less than 4200 sales for March. Hardly a big difference considering the number of different models Cadillac sells and the huge influx of cash Cadillac has had dumped into it for the last several years.

Actually, Lincoln and Cadillac were separated by less than 4200 sales for March. Hardly a big difference considering the number of different models Cadillac sells and the huge influx of cash Cadillac has had dumped into it for the last several years.

This thread is a joke.

Let's compare since 1999 where Cadillac and Lincoln have headed. Lincoln was the number one luxury brand in 1999, then freeefalled now struggling to place in the top 5. Cadllac sales are up. Next, there best selling sedan is being replaced this year which is their best selling sedan so CTS sales are naturally down. And Cadillac selling 30% more is hardly a big difference?

This thread is a joke.

Let's compare since 1999 where Cadillac and Lincoln have headed. Lincoln was the number one luxury brand in 1999, then freeefalled now struggling to place in the top 5. Cadllac sales are up. Next, there best selling sedan is being replaced this year which is their best selling sedan so CTS sales are naturally down. And Cadillac selling 30% more is hardly a big difference?

well, it appears that lincoln is turning around....I think that is what people are getting at....so I think it would be cause for happiness, not gloom.

well, it appears that lincoln is turning around....I think that is what people are getting at....so I think it would be cause for happiness, not gloom.

I agree. What these sales figures demonstrate is that Ford and Lincoln's new products are being very well received in the marketplace. The MKZ and MKX are doing very well and I'm sure the upcoming MKS will do so as well.

I agree. What these sales figures demonstrate is that Ford and Lincoln's new products are being very well received in the marketplace. The MKZ and MKX are doing very well and I'm sure the upcoming MKS will do so as well.

see, thats what I mean...happiness...not gloom...lol

What gives?

LOL. Yeah.

Lincoln March sales 14,770

Cadillac March sales 18,944

Lincoln sure kicked the hell out of Cadillac by selling 28% fewer cars, didn't they? :hysterical:

they were just stating the facts...lincoln up 8 percent, cadillac down 8 percent. Its there on the screen...

Exactly. Its funny how some people get all bent out of shape when Ford shows progress.

I think some people are just extremely embarrassed that their predictions of failure for the MKZ and MKZ have proven to be dead wrong.

LOL. Yeah.

Lincoln March sales 14,770

Cadillac March sales 18,944

Lincoln sure kicked the hell out of Cadillac by selling 28% fewer cars, didn't they? :hysterical:

well...we were talking percent change...not numbers...get enough percent changes....and the numbers change as well.

Exactly. Its funny how some people get all bent out of shape when Ford shows progress.

I think some people are just extremely embarrassed that their predictions of failure for the MKZ and MKZ have proven to be dead wrong.

I think that must be it....because progress is progress....lincoln up....ford drop narrowing....things are looking better....but some people cant see it I guess.

What gives?

Cadillac hasn't exactly had terrible results. Back in 1999, Lincoln owned the luxury car market. Since then, Lincoln has suffered a huge identity crisis - which it seems to have FINALLY sorted out. Nonetheless, this is a good sign, but we need to see if this lasts long term or if its a flash in the pan.

No doubt the next CTS will pump up Caddy's volume, but Lincoln is doing well with hardly any investment at all. Unlike GM, Ford still knows the value of effective badge engineering ;). Lincoln doesn't even have original sheetmetal, let alone original chassis ;).

The transaction price for Lincoln is thousands cheaper than a Cadillac, so Caddy selling cars at this level is still very good. The heavy cost to build world-class products must eat into profit margins however. Lincoln is the Walmart version of luxury, affordable and splashy but not terribly tasteful or long-lasting ;)

Edited by BORG

Percentages are easily manipulated.

Like, oh, how Hyundai's sales are up.

What are the overall brand sales numbers?

Lincoln's sales are up...it's taht simple. No, they do not sell as many vehicles as cadillac...but they're sales are up on a year over year basis.

Lincoln: 176,493

Caddy: 154,610

Lincoln: 120,476

Caddy: 227,014

That is what $6-$8 billion accomplishes.

The CTS is the brand's largest volume nameplate and is a lame duck right now, the new model has been displayed but is not in showrooms yet.

Speaking of investments, as much as I like Infiniti (I drive one but am really rooting for Lincoln) and their new G35 being out for 6 months, Lincoln still continues to beat them! The G35 for Infiniti is as important as the CTS is for Cadillac. So just because a new CTS is coming doesn't mean Lincoln can't continue their sales increases!

What were sales at Pontiac and Buick, (Lincolns real competitors) like?

Why don't you price Pontiac & Buick vehicles of Lincoln's size before you say stuff like this?

The MKZ's base price is just about even with the CTS. MKX? There's no Buick or Pontiac CUV that starts off in the mid $30s.

And Caddy sells a lot of entry level CTSes, so don't let's pretend that Lincoln's the only brand sullying their reputation with $30k cars.