FORD FLEX!!!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, Ford has nailed the interior, Details are not Details, Deatils make the product. The details in the interior are superb. But then we head to the exterior, and Ford did focus on the details, but also they need to remember that sometimes less is more.

Second the tailights should be switched to clear lights lie the Mariner and the Montego, I think it would flow better with the chrome patch. Third who ever decided on this terrible color should be banned from making any color choices at Ford ever. They clearly lack any taste in color contrast and need to take a class in complimentary color theory because the contrast and clashing is simply disgusting and I have no idea how this colorwas chosen, but damn they better pick a new color for the rest of the autoshows and the commercials for the flex because this is dow right atrocious. I have a bad feeling they will use this color for all their advertising................. :drop:

Also just want to add It is nice to have Ford back in the interior game, they were the best domestic and GM leap frogged them, but now it seems Ford is back. Which is great because I was losing hope after the bland and boring Fusion interior, the cheap looking Edge interior and the cheap and hideous focus interior.

Edited by DCK

Truely AWFUL name... "Flex?"

Looks like a ripoff of the Mini Traveller concept.

Sorry to bust your bubble Meelaan, but the Fairlane concept was from the 2005 Detroit Show, while the Mini Traveler concept was from Toyko 2005 (which is in LATE 2005). Ford didn't rip anything off. This is their own design.

that I'm not sure about....lol...well...I certainly hope they didn't forget high beams... :finger: (though i doubt it)

projector is not the problem .. I did not know it was possible to have Hi/Lo in a single HID balast .. my Mazda3 has low';s as HID projectors and highs as halogen reflectors.

who knows

I am psyched the tail lights are LED .. but the fuel cap door does not have remote release. oh and the center stack is PLASTIC .. and the wood is probably fake .. two of my pet peeves .. but oh well .. I was really hoping for actual aluminum on the center stack.

Overall, I am impressed - the car has amazing amount of details that I love, and if stuff like FE, Crash tests, curb weight, price etc are all in line - this will succeed very well against minivans, Lambdas, Pilot (new this fall or next spring), Highlander, and Hyu Veracruz.

Igor

projector is not the problem .. I did not know it was possible to have Hi/Lo in a single HID balast .. my Mazda3 has low';s as HID projectors and highs as halogen reflectors.

who knows

I am psyched the tail lights are LED .. but the fuel cap door does not have remote release. oh and the center stack is PLASTIC .. and the wood is probably fake .. two of my pet peeves .. but oh well .. I was really hoping for actual aluminum on the center stack.

Overall, I am impressed - the car has amazing amount of details that I love, and if stuff like FE, Crash tests, curb weight, price etc are all in line - this will succeed very well against minivans, Lambdas, Pilot (new this fall or next spring), Highlander, and Hyu Veracruz.

Igor

Do you know if this will have that new fuel cap system that Ford said they would start to implement on all vehicles. The one that the GT has?

Having seen the hi-res photos, I can say it does look fantastic. Very rich looking. I'd like to see the interior with tan seating and a lighter matte wood trim (similar to the concept).

It does seem that Ford will be offering an affordable SE trim, which will probably be the choice of budget-conscious families. They're getting all the style and roominess of this car, with none of the crap they don't need (LED tail-lights, navi, Vista Roof), while more affluent families can splurge on cool available features.

For sheer utility, a Flex with a vista roof should be able to haul virtually any load.

who knows

Igor

The thing ablut real aluminum is that in cold environments...it gets cold...really cold.

Some tidbits I've noticed...the speedometer/tach faceplates need some "lines", all there is, ist just 20, 40, 60 and no little lines inbetween. Iceblue lighting, seems to have made it, as well as being able to change it, thats a plus. I was expecting more word as to the structure/platform, and other specific as well, specially weight. Hopefully it won't weigh more than the Lambdas.

Also noticed the A/C dials, and such, are the "poke thru face" variety, but it's really just all one or 2 "dins", that give it the illusion it's poke thru. Most others scatter their buttons everywhere for "poke thru" design. Notice the big water bottle holder on the rear side doors.

I wouldn't be surprised if this vehicle hits $42-45K highly optioned.

Flex looks longer, biggest difference appears to be headlights. Headlights are taking some getting used to, from my standpoint. Despite being projectors, they have almost an old-school round headlight in a square chrome bezel look to me

051K2P.jpg

Any Ford management that sees this post is going to delete your account. :hysterical:

The thing ablut real aluminum is that in cold environments...it gets cold...really cold.

I like that "cold" look....my house is furnitured in modern swedish, simplistic style, which many call "cold"...some of my guests say there's no warm feeling to my house, I tell them "Good, you won't stay long then!" LOL You should see my guest bathroom...people keep the visits short in there for good reason :)

"Warm" belongs in grandma house, or a funeral chapel.... LOL

I like that "cold" look....my house is furnitured in modern swedish, simplistic style, which many call "cold"...some of my guests say there's no warm feeling to my house, I tell them "Good, you won't stay long then!" LOL You should see my guest bathroom...people keep the visits short in there for good reason :)

"Warm" belongs in grandma house, or a funeral chapel.... LOL

no no...I mean...when ts 40 below...and you get in your car....and you touch the aluminum....its very very very cold.

Not to mention scratches. If the center stack is a nice plastic, it will do nicely.

The GM Lambdas are nice, but this is just better. Choosing between them is just a matter of style. Some people don't like boxy, and would prefer a more "normal" looking SUV. The Flex is a polarizing design, and the people who buy them are going to love them, and keep coming back for more.

I'd say the Flex Limited's interior is at least as nice as the Enclave's. Still can't wait to see what Lincoln has up its sleeve.

Some tidbits I've noticed...the speedometer/tach faceplates need some "lines", all there is, ist just 20, 40, 60 and no little lines inbetween. Iceblue lighting, seems to have made it, as well as being able to change it, thats a plus. I was expecting more word as to the structure/platform, and other specific as well, specially weight. Hopefully it won't weigh more than the Lambdas.

Also noticed the A/C dials, and such, are the "poke thru face" variety, but it's really just all one or 2 "dins", that give it the illusion it's poke thru. Most others scatter their buttons everywhere for "poke thru" design. Notice the big water bottle holder on the rear side doors.

I wouldn't be surprised if this vehicle hits $42-45K highly optioned.

one other thing I noticed was that it seems the 3rd row can flip open the "arm rest" over the wheel arch - and have storage there .. that space also has cupholders .. I think that was a very nice touch.

I think the buttons work fine .. I see what you are saying, but my favorite is Mazda design, and this actually looks better IMO than most Mazda interiors.

Igor

I wouldn't buy one because I don't have the need for one but I do like this vehicle. Great looking interior!

I don't like the name. I don't think it fits the vehicle. Flex would be a better name for Ford's future "B" vehicle.

I think that the Fusion should have gotten the Fairlane name and this Flex should have been called the Fusion. Fusion, to me, fits what this vehicle is all about more than a four door mid-sized sedan.

Edited by 30 OTT 6

Lambda has nothing to fear from this dressed up Scion, this is one monstrously tacky looking station wagon. It makes me laugh, it's a niche player in a big segment.

Everyone's trying so hard--not at making a people mover--but rather not to make a minivan or a station wagon.

What we end up with is an ice-cream truck.

Edited by Meelaan

Lambda has nothing to fear from this dressed up Scion, this is one monstrously tacky looking station wagon. It makes me laugh, it's a niche player in a big segment.

GM's Lambdas should start getting out of their own way.

Oh, and BTW, since when would you know what will sell and what won't in this segment?

The brown color has a "Woody" look to it. Not bad at all. I think they may have a real winner here and an opportunity to keep the people who are bailing out of SUVs. This could be a great replacement for my Explorer next year. I am very curious as to the Lincoln version since the word is that it won't be a rebadge and grille/taillight job. Maybe that is where the suicide doors will end up. The interior looks very rich. It appears to have soft trim on the upper doors and a nice dash layout. Even the third row seats appear to be roomy.

Too bad next summer is so far away.