FORD FLEX!!!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Blue or dark red would have been a better color choice. I like the fact it will able to tow 4K lbs. Hopefully it will have substatially more power than 260hp; at least 270 maybe? It should do well as long as Ford updates or quickly fixes whatever faults the "experts" find with it.

You not kidding. All the joke auto rags will do their usual anti-american rants on this car once they get their hand on it. Most will probably trash the performance since it won't do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, or they'll bitch that it doesn't have sliding doors, or the styling (not minivan looking enough. I'm reaching okay, lol). Believe me, they'll find stupid shit to nit pick, because it doesn't have a "T" or an "H" on the hood. I'm used to the mags by now. All I know, the sales are the best judge of sucess. Look at the Fusion. Selling great, and so it the Edge (despite the reviews). From all the positive feedback this thread has shown, this car will be a HIT!!! DS91, thanks for the link to the great pics.

Edited by 05fordgt

By the way, does anyone know what the dash looks like without the navigation screen and it's new set of buttons, because that button set is plainly there to fit with the screen, can't wait to see the regular controls.

no actual information, but there is a chance the screen will be standard - showing hvac and audio info - even on models without Navi and Sync.

Igor

Very impressive. Stayed true to the Fairlane concept and overall at first glance looks great. Is the interior wood trim real? Please say yes because this Flex deserves it.

I think the D35 is adequate in this application. Besides, the improvements will come over the years. I'd have to say this will be a hit. There'll be complains on power, braking and weight once there is some testing (prediction) but this is perfect for it's market.

BZ Ford.

P.S. I even like the colour.

Edited by Hugh

One minor beef:

Standard 18" wheels, optional 19" wheels.

Why can't they throw 16's or 17's on it as the base wheel so price-conscious FAMILIES can actually afford the vehicle. Most families do not feel like or very well can't afford spending $1000+ for tires every other year.

Everything else looks pretty promising. Now where's the TwinForce variant? :happy feet:

Brown is the flavor of the month when it comes to car colors...I wish we could see some High res photos, but it does look nice...I'd like to see an all black one with chrome rims

Dark Copper...must be the King ranch edition........hey can anyone paste a shot of the concept next to reality....something is bugging me about the front end...looks more blocky...but I could be wrong.....

One minor beef:

Why can't they throw 16's or 17's on it as the base wheel so price-conscious FAMILIES can actually afford the vehicle. Most families do not feel like or very well can't afford spending $1000+ for tires every other year.

Everything else looks pretty promising. Now where's the TwinForce variant? :happy feet:

18in All season tires aren't that expensive...I can get OEM replacement tires for my Mustang for well under $150 a pop. The summer 17 inch Z on my old Mustang where $225+ retail! Also consider that alot of cars are coming with 18 in wheels and there is a bigger market for it then there was, thus more tires made and driving prices down

One minor beef:

I beg to differ.

1) I don't think that Minivans have been cheap in terms of pricing so if this is a replacement, than expect it to cost a little.

2) The Taurus X is a cheaper alternative.

3) People are paying full price and top dollar for Toyotas and Hondas. If they can justify paying full price for not so superior vehicles by Yoda and Hunda, than they should have no problem figuring out a way to buy this thing.

Can suicide doors be an option? LOL

Stupid Ford!

Any good concept, you KNOW will never see production.

Morons.

Well Ford has been disapointing...the Ford GT and Fairlane/Edge are the only two in the past 6 years that directly came from show cars.

The 49, Bronco and even the Interceptor/MkR can fall into the disappointing section.

The Interior is great, And I'd put it on par with the Enclave interior maybe even it it the nod, so the Lincoln's should only be better.

The exterior, I dunno know, I think the color combination killed it, bad descisions on the color. Also I think that huge crome slab on the back needs to go but other than that not bad.

A couple more observations after looking at the high-res pics:

1. That looks like an all-new HVAC/audio setup. Looks pretty good, but the dial knobs aren't very large.

2. Where the heck are the high beams located in the headlamp cluster??

Many fords use the same light for everything...it must just do the same.

Well Ford has been disapointing...the Ford GT and Fairlane/Edge are the only two in the past 6 years that directly came from show cars.

The 49, Bronco and even the Interceptor/MkR can fall into the disappointing section.

well...we don't really kow about the mkr/interceptor...and ford is supposed to be changing the mks accordingly...maybe the new ford leadership is going to follow through with popular concepts...