Best Interior Awards

Well GM's efforts managed to beat Ford's worst midsize sedan interiors in the world, and were superior enough to get both the media and the public to choose this car over any Ford in its category.

Case closed.

Worst according to whom? You?

Funny how that survey matters, but the countless surveys and recommendations from other agencies (i.e. Consumer Reports) don't mean a damn thing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it right the first time. But thats the base Aura versus a top end Fusion. Fair? No.

Fair? Yes. The Fusion can be had in either 4-cyl or V6 form, the Aura can only be had with V6's. Therefore the only true comparison is to compare the cheapest V6 Fusion to the cheapest V6 Aura, not the 4-cyl Fusion. In that case the prices are very comparable and the Aura is a very worthy competitor to the Fusion/Milan.

Fair? Yes. The Fusion can be had in either 4-cyl or V6 form, the Aura can only be had with V6's. Therefore the only true comparison is to compare the cheapest V6 Fusion to the cheapest V6 Aura, not the 4-cyl Fusion. In that case the prices are very comparable and the Aura is a very worthy competitor to the Fusion/Milan.

Yeah, I guess.

And I thought this was a Ford forum? For you know, Ford enthusiasts? Who is paying for all GMI members to come over and promote their shitty cars?

To be completely fair, you have to compare what features are standard at those prices. You can't just "V6 vs. V6 so it's fair". Personally, I don't know what you get in each of the two cars but I thought that was an important aspect of a fair comparison that hasn't been brought up yet.

another bogus survey...how can one take this sort of stuff seriously when there are NO mentions of class leaders VW, Audi...and other manufacturers that have interiors the envy of the competition...my own personal favourite is the Astons...but they may not have been considered mainstream

Went to fordvehicles.com and did the build-and-price for the Ford Fusion. I basically just clicked every single option. Then went to saturn.com and built and priced a Aura with everything the Fusion had. Price for a 2007 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan with All Wheel Drive and the 3.0L V6, and fully loaded with all available options, was $30,130. A 2007 Saturn Aura XR with the V6, no AWD and all options is $27,500.

I hate it when I get off topic like this. But I will end my side of the argument with, yes, the Saturn Aura is a good automobile with an outstanding interior. It is truly an all around good product, but it is based on the European Opel/Vauxhall Vectra (no denying that when you look at the appearances and engines). However, the Ford Fusion (fact) is a good car as well. It has a cheaper base price then Aura, and its interior is very good (maybe not superior, but it is cheaper). It is truly a triumph for Ford, especially compared to the previous generation Taurus,

Hey PC, do you like the MKZ interior? Or the Lincoln Navigator interior?

I find them adequate, the dash of the MKZ doesn't belong in a car, and the Navigator was actually a step backwards IMO.

But they bring back the memories of people who lost their virginity back in the 70's, so I can understand their awards.

As I can understand why the Fusion and Milan, regardless of their soft plastics, were both beaten by the Aura.

I find them adequate, the dash of the MKZ doesn't belong in a car, and the Navigator was actually a step backwards IMO.

But they bring back the memories of people who lost their virginity back in the 70's, so I can understand their awards.

As I can understand why the Fusion and Milan, regardless of their soft plastics, were both beaten by the Aura.

Nice way to talk yourself out of a corner.

There is nothing ground breaking about the Aura's interior that makes it any better than the compeition. Could it be that Saturns of yore were so poorly executed for quite sometime, and most of the press had come to expect it but then here comes the Aura and all of a sudden everyone is wowed because they couldn't believe Saturn wasn't capable of it?

Much of the Navigator's dash came from a time where Ford's claim had some merit behind them.

I didn't ignore anything, this is you spinning things once again into something they're not.

No plebian Fords made the list and I was vindicated once again regarding the Fusion's interior, so sue me.

There is nothing ground breaking about the Aura's interior that makes it any better than the compeition. Could it be that Saturns of yore were so poorly executed for quite sometime, and most of the press had come to expect it but then here comes the Aura and all of a sudden everyone is wowed because they couldn't believe Saturn wasn't capable of it?

:hysterical: My first car was the ol' drive-it-before-your-brother-steals-it-first '94 Saturn SL2. The interior on that thing was horrendous on so many levels. Within a year, half of the slats on the HVAC vents had fallen off, one of the a-pillar covers broke off, the cloth seats had worn holes in them, and the funniest of them all: we came to realize that the center console side panels that covered one of the fuse boxes was only held in place by two strips of Velcro. Now THAT'S quality engineering. :doh:

Aside from the horrendous interior though, the car did run like a champ. My older brother ended up putting close to 200,000 miles on it before he finally put it out to pasture.

Much of the Navigator's dash came from a time where Ford's claim had some merit behind them.

I didn't ignore anything, this is you spinning things once again into something they're not.

No plebian Fords made the list and I was vindicated once again regarding the Fusion's interior, so sue me.

So because the two lesser variants of CD3s did not make the list, one must derive that the interiors found on both cars are poorly executed?

Begging the question aren't we? So in applying your logic:

Because the (insert nameplate from x manufacturer here) did not win the Best Interior award, it is a poorly excecuted interior design. I mean afterall the plebian Accord, Camry and Passat didn't win that award either. Oh wait, because you have a loathe the Fusion/Milan it is safe to derrive that information from a Best Interior Award.

On what basis are using your findings that the Fusion/Milan have such horrible interiors?

Edited by Michael Reynolds

:finger:

174946f9.jpg

df280a3d.jpg

7efd016e.jpg

No offence but I'd love to see them try and justify some of those awards outside the USA. This is clearly a pat yourself on the back award probably funded by the people doing the back patting. This car is my biased favourite (note I admit my bias first):

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/_misc/Enl...teering%20Wheel

Is that really not as good as the car that one in this sector?

By the way the above deserves a special mention because Autocar ranked it as having a better interior than the Rolls Royce Phantom in a recent test. Well done to the designer I think....

Let me get this straight. The Navigator wins, which vindicates your opinion that Ford is going down the tubes, and the Fusion loses which also vindicates your opinion that Ford is going down the tubes.

No wonder you think I've got it in for you. Your entire thinking process is warped.

Let me get this straight.

Nice try.

Lincolns aren't plebian Fords, they're vehicles firmly rooted in the luxury segment from a price standpoint.

Keep using Lincoln as a diversion to GM's ambition and determination though.

Surely the spotlight will be on Lincoln and not regular Fords, and they didn't make either claim stated before. ;)

Edited by pcsario