What Our Grandkids Will Drive

BlackHorse

I don't have to worry about this, since my kids and grandkids will never drive.

I do not see this as a viable product that would be allowed on the streets unless someone wants a death sentence.

Doesn't look any more dangerous than any modern day motorcycle, probably less so.

well it looks like an alien transportation module, i love how he says it safety and it won't crash cause they communicate with each other, well my F-150 doesn't communicate with it :hysterical:

for anybody thats a south park fan, this reminds me of when Mr. Garison created the "It" :hysterical:

I do see something like this, as maybe someone who needs a motorized wheelchair, which according to Toyota's demographics might be there next market. :)

This reminds me of an article/picture I saw on the newspaper months ago. Some kid got some science award, because he invented/put together, some sort of powered skateboard device where you can just stand on it and ride on a sidewalk (but with a seat). But then you see the picture and decipher it. See the little porker is overweight and here I am thinking "Great, another device to make our future generations lazier and fatter"...

Thats what first came to mind with this topics point.

well it looks like an alien transportation module, i love how he says it safety and it won't crash cause they communicate with each other, well my F-150 doesn't communicate with it :hysterical:

for anybody thats a south park fan, this reminds me of when Mr. Garison created the "It" :hysterical:

I thought that guy had a funny looking grin....

How old are you Explorer 4x4? 15? you wont be buying a v10 Excursion anytime soon. Come back when you can actually drive a car legally you fucking halfwit moron.

I don't know why richard doesn't ban you already...your starting to get inulting for mno reason....its a little annoying....if your that bored you could look up actual facts instead of believing toyotas best at everything.

I know one thing for sure my Grandchildren wont be driving a Toyota, it looks like a bit of a death trap as well. Large Civil aircraft are fitted TCAS Traffic Alert and Collision Aviodance System, which have been fitted to Aircraft since the late 80s which allow aircraft to talk to one another by using radar beacon transponders, it provides no protection against aircraft that do not have a operating transponder working or fitted, and lots don't have it fitted. It only sends out aural warnings and visual symbols that change from amber to red on the TCAS screen as aircraft get closer. I would like to know how sensitive the the transponders were and what distances they would control the car from, l think l will buy my Grandaughter a F-150 when they introduce these. Yes l can see it now, little old lady blind as a bat in her 20 year old Mini pulls out of a junction into path of over confident kid doing 60 MPH his new single seater high tech death trap.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I know one thing for sure my Grandchildren wont be driving a Toyota, it looks like a bit of a death trap as well. Large Civil aircraft are fitted TCAS Traffic Alert and Collision Aviodance System fitted to Aircraft since the late 80s which allow aircraft to talk to one another by using radar beacon transponders, it provides no protection against aircraft that do not have a operating transponder working or fitted, and lots don't have it fitted. It only sends out aural warnings and visual symbols that change from amber to red on the TCAS screen as aircraft get closer. I would like to know how sensitive the the transponders were and what distances they would control the car from, l think l will buy my Grandaughter a F-150 when they introduce these. Yes l can see it now, little old lady blind as a bat in her 20 year old Mini pulls out of a junction into path of over confident kid doing 60 MPH his new single seater high tech death trap.

hopefully if our government doesn't outlaw them saying they are deathtraps to other people

They would never work in the UK; l would like to see how the system would work doing the first few hundred yards of my journey everyday. l drive up to a T-Junction and turn right up a steep hill, when l look right l have a blind bend 50 yards to my right, blinded by my local pub (Built 350 years ago) jutting out. We drive on the left in the UK, traffic comes around this blind corner fast at about 25-30 MPH because it moving down a steep hill. I have to cut across this traffic that is constantly grid locked in both directions from 7.00am in the morning to 7.00pm at night. l normally the traffic moving up the hill is moving a snails pace grid locked bumper to bumper towards a mini roundabout. Once l see a gap in the traffic l move out to the middle of the road turning the car 90 degrees in the direction of the traffic moving up the hill, and hope somebody lets me in. l have do this perform manoeuvre 99.9% of the time to turn right up the hill, I know of a few accidents where cars coming down this hill have shunted cars turning right 50 yards down the hill. This camera based car which must have 180 degree vision would be sod all use to me as l would have to wait 3-4 hours a day till it permitted me to make the right turn. I then drive up the hill a few hundred yards around the blind corner to a mini roundabout which about 2-3 cars in diameter with 4 grid locked roads entering it, with cars entering the roundabout head on facing each other, the camera might think cars were about to hit head on and stop both cars, l would not like to be the person who has to program the cameras for Britain’s roads. Most of the UK’s roads were built hundred of years before the invention of the motor car so you can’t just knock down millions of houses to suit cars.

What happen when you start to overtake a slow moving long truck and suddenly a hummer appears as you are commited to passing the truck, you would put you boot to the floor normally to get past the long truck quickly, but the Toyota in car camera says No and cuts the gas? I know you should not take risks overtaking on bends, hills and with road junctions nearby, but folk still do if they have been following a long truck doing 30 MPH up a hill for the last few miles, folk will take risks l would rather be in full control of the gas pedal, than have a Camera that says No.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds