F-150 vs Tundra Stability Comparison Video

range

Am I the only one that laughed watching the Tundra's bed slapping against the cab? LOL

No you're not. In fact the journalists in the audience broke out in hearty laughter. Pretty damn funny I thought.

The Tundra looks as sturdy as a flimsy dime store beach chair.

In an overall sense, I think the Tundra and Silverado have beaten the F-150 oh-so-slightly, judging from rag tests and such. With the '09 redesign, they're going to catch Toyota and GM with their pants down, having just introduced all-new trucks that are going to get throttled by the new F-150. So, for the next 4-5 years, Ford will have a full-size truck that is indeed significantly better than the competition, and sales will reflect that.

If Ford can get the hydraulic hybrid to market within 5 years, they're golden. I envision a hydraulic hybrid system providing the power down low, and the 3.5L Twin Turbo providing the power up top. That would be a ridiculously fuel-sipper of a truck. Sales will take off, and Ford will be set in terms of CAFE.

In an overall sense, I think the Tundra and Silverado have beaten the F-150 oh-so-slightly, judging from rag tests and such. With the '09 redesign, they're going to catch Toyota and GM with their pants down, having just introduced all-new trucks that are going to get throttled by the new F-150. So, for the next 4-5 years, Ford will have a full-size truck that is indeed significantly better than the competition, and sales will reflect that.

If Ford can get the hydraulic hybrid to market within 5 years, they're golden. I envision a hydraulic hybrid system providing the power down low, and the 3.5L Twin Turbo providing the power up top. That would be a ridiculously fuel-sipper of a truck. Sales will take off, and Ford will be set in terms of CAFE.

Not only that. But now Ford (and Dodge) know what Toyota and GM have, and will have for a good five years. So its easy to top them, because they know what they are making.