Ford vs. Mercury

If you look at sticker price for Taurus/Sable, Fusion/Milan, and Escape/Mariner, I think you will find that Mercury versions offer more content for about same price making the Mercury versions better value. I drive a Taurus and chances are my next vehicle will be Mercury version because of more content for same price. Also add in Dealer experience where Lincoln/Mercury Dealers consistently score better on evaluations. I'm happy with the two Ford dealers I do business with, but Sable offers HID lights and LED tail lights plus some other added features for same price.

The '08 Sable retains the LED taillamps from the Montego, but not the HID headlamps. It uses the same H11 halogen bulb the '08 Taurus does, though the Sable does have a projector (ellipsoid) lens for the low beams, whereas the Taurus uses reflector optics.

You are absolutely correct on the better value offered by Mercury brand products. I think a fully loaded Milan Premier actually costs about $100 less than a comparably equipped Fusion SEL, for instance.

If you look at sticker price for Taurus/Sable, Fusion/Milan, and Escape/Mariner, I think you will find that Mercury versions offer more content for about same price making the Mercury versions better value. I drive a Taurus and chances are my next vehicle will be Mercury version because of more content for same price. Also add in Dealer experience where Lincoln/Mercury Dealers consistently score better on evaluations. I'm happy with the two Ford dealers I do business with, but Sable offers HID lights and LED tail lights plus some other added features for same price.

I think the Mercury versions look better and they can be a better value. When I was looking at the 05 Escape and the Mariner. I found out that the Mercury was actually less expensive. I wanted several features in the vehicle that were optional in the Escape, but standard in the Mariner. Also some other features I wanted were in one package in the Mariner and were individual options in the Escape. The net result apples to apples was then the Mariner was about $100 less expensive due to better pricing of the options I wanted and the way they were packaged...

Of course this is only true if you really load the Ford up with options....

I think the Mercury versions look better and they can be a better value. When I was looking at the 05 Escape and the Mariner. I found out that the Mercury was actually less expensive. I wanted several features in the vehicle that were optional in the Escape, but standard in the Mariner. Also some other features I wanted were in one package in the Mariner and were individual options in the Escape. The net result apples to apples was then the Mariner was about $100 less expensive due to better pricing of the options I wanted and the way they were packaged...

Of course this is only true if you really load the Ford up with options....

Not only a better value, but I think the Mariner looks like you spent a lot more then you really did. The Mercury styling makes it look a lot more upscale then the Escape in my opinion.

My wife watches that poison on Lifetime 24/7, they have a commercial on there is really spooky.

A woman is standing holding a mercury symbol and then it breaks into a million little pieces and the car "grows" from all the pieces in the dirt.

I thought Lifetime was supposed to be about REALITY... Oh wait, it IS lifetime....

DCK: Is there anywhere that Ford has publicly stated that Mercury is a woman's brand? My GF keeps telling me how much she likes the Milan and she won't believe that it's because Ford targets women with the cars. I told her she had to be real fashionista to drive one since it's from Milan, Italy :P (Just kiddin on the last bit -- don't think she'd like that ;))