Why Ford's new Falcon must fly

jpd80

Very nice looking car. You can definately see the Mondeo inspiration in the design. I'd definately buy it, but frankly, I don't think it would fly here in the United States the same way the 300C has. It has the RWD and V8, but not the balls to the walls bold styling it would need to grab people's attention.

Again, it's styled for a country with European tastes so it will fit perfectly

alongside Mondeo and C1 Focus on the showroom.

What becomes of exports and the styling used is anyone's guess but

knowing Ford if America wants it , the US will have all the say in styling

that car.

If we can get hold of that 7.0 Boss/Hurricane.....

Edited by jpd80

Alas, the LS is paid off, and I will be shopping again in a year and a half or so, but perhaps for a new car (the first for me, a consummate cheapskate, since 1998.) It will be interesting to see what's on the market (or coming) for the 2009-2010 model year. I'd rather get a falcon than an Accord any day of the week, but to say the least the Fusion/Taurus are not real interesting.

I'm not going to say I know or don't know how the Falcon would sell here. Personally I think it's a very nice looking car, better looking than anything Toyota or Honda are selling. I think that alone would make it a success. But alas, we shall never know.

I'd say the same thing, just add in a tribar grill and it would fit in pretty well with the current models here in the states...

Very nice looking car. You can definately see the Mondeo inspiration in the design. I'd definately buy it, but frankly, I don't think it would fly here in the United States the same way the 300C has. It has the RWD and V8, but not the balls to the walls bold styling it would need to grab people's attention.

Awesome car bad market, It would do very ell here if not for the cost of fuel. Here is a list of vehicles that will be foolish to release in the U.S. do to our current climate. Although they may make initial sales they won't hold long term sales until we get the price of fuel under control, it's a damn shame though!

Ford - Falcon, Dodge - Challenger, Chevrolet - Camaro

Edited by Furious1Auto

The Falcon instead of the Mustang Furious? Hmmm. I'm not sure how the loyalists would take that. I mean I like the Falcon and all and it does have history like the Mustang, but I don't know man. I think a lot of people would get pretty upset about unseating the American iconic Mustang for an imported Falcon to take on the Chevy and Dodge cars. It's an interesting idea, but I don't know.

Edited by BlackHorse

The Falcon instead of the Mustang Furious? Hmmm. I'm not sure how the loyalists would take that. I mean I like the Falcon and all and it does have history like the Mustang, but I don't know man. I think a lot of people would get pretty upset about unseating the American iconic Mustang for an imported Falcon to take on the Chevy and Dodge cars. It's an interesting idea, but I don't know.

Not in lou of the Mustang. The Mustang is already in production and is doing well. I'm just saying that if I where a auto manufacturer, I would not release a RWD V-8 right now! If Ford where to release the Falcon in the states when times are better it should be along side of the Mustang! Personally I like the Falcon and even considered importing one if they weren't right side drive!

Our cultures are style sensitive, Falcon is ultimately tailored to maximise sales

in European styled markets, I'm sure American stylists would develop a car that

looked like the Linclon MKR concept. That car had similar length/wheelbase/width,

as the Falcon:

06Falcon3_m_m.jpg

lincoln-mkr-concept_72.jpg

At the moment, as far as we're told Falcon and this car have nothing in common

except two groups of engineers working together or at least sharing data and ideas.

FoA and Mustang divisions coming together not as adversaries but friends developing an unbelievable line of cars. A mutually engineered platform would bring Mustang's bold

ideas and FoA's practical problem solving to the fore.

But for a missed opportunity in the 1990s, Falcon, Mustang, Thunderbird and Lincoln

would all be sharing a common unitary platform that would be the envy of GM.

Ford now has a second chance to put things right.

John

Edited by jpd80

Our cultures are style sensitive, Falcon is ultimately tailored to maximise sales

looked like the Linclon MKR concept. That car had similar length/wheelbase/width,

as the Falcon:

06Falcon3_m_m.jpg

except two groups of engineers working together or at least sharing data and ideas.

FoA and Mustang divisions coming together not as adversaries but friends developing an unbelievable line of cars. A mutually engineered platform would bring Mustang's bold

But for a missed opportunity in the 1990s, Falcon, Mustang, Thunderbird and Lincoln

John

A group of engineers working on the MKR?

Now THAT'S interesting.

Honestly, looking at the two side by side, the new Falcon's proportions lend itself very easily to a midsized Lincoln RWD sedan with MKR-inspired styling. Let's get on that, people.

I have no idea the depth of collaboration between FoA/E8 and Mustang/D2C platform

engineers but it is happening now. I don't live in Disneyland but my frame of reference

is different to all of yours in NA.

Edited by jpd80

as the Falcon:

06Falcon3_m_m.jpg

John

Gotta tell ya, I'm a BIG fan of Euro styling being a Kiwi myself...but that MKR makes the falcon look like its 10 years old............and I DON"T particularly care for American bling....usually its way over the top...

It's just my opinion, but I prefer the bigger windows on the Falcon.

from a funtional standpoint most definitely....but I myself would rather be in a stunner with small windows than a turd with perfect ergonomics, bland styling, fantastic mileage 400 horsepower and lifetime warranty......styling sells me not fringe benefits. That said I like the Falcon...I just LOVE the MKR...shame we actually won't get a car that looks half way that radical...the Remi Martin will become Schlitz malt liquor if you know what I mean.......

It's nice to see what is possible with styling, the reason I posted the two cars was to

show the extremes in styling and to imagine all the in-between possibilities.

The story goes that FoA had styled a different body for replacing the Crown Victoria.

back in 2005, Tom Gorman was aluding to an export model same size as Falcon but

with American styling. we know this was dashed but, I wonder if they're revisiting that proposal. Not to export from Australia but for common architecture.

Edited by jpd80