Bring Back The Thunderbird (Mustang derived)

Everybody thinks about the 2-seater. Me, too, but IMHO, the headlight peaks make it impractical, and the re-issue, while quite nice, just didn't have the same "zing".

One T-bird that could be a theme source, IMHO, is this one. Move the front wheels forward, reducing the overhang, and give the rear wheel cut-out the same treatment as front, which allows the wheels to be placed to the edge of the fender opening.

LED headlights and a current-tech plastic front clip.

62TBird.JPG

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo is kinda what I'm talking about. This is a modern C5 Corvette repaneled to look like a classic 62'.

I think it looks fantastic.

I wish Ford would do something like this with the Thunderbird name!

Classic Reflections Coachworks:

cr-picture.jpg

It doesn't look right to me.

It doesn't look right to me.

Yeah, the proportions aren't spot on 1962, but the overall look is 'f-a-b-o'. Underneath you still have C5 Corvette. These folks are making money! They charge $90-Large not including the donor car! Most of that (aside profits :) ) is paying for the manual labor disassembling the C5 & rebuilding/ repainting. The body panels are very hight tech, not just stamped steel. If they were built on the line (let's say near the end of a job) with alteration in exterior steel panels the main diff., they'd be a lot cheaper.

Man, what could Ford charge for a Mustang platform based T-Bird!@*!

I appreciate the effort.. But NONONONONONONO!

:hysterical:

I agree.

BTW, I saw the MKS today, it looked great! My only complaint (as well as my dad's) is that it needs more (and lighter) wood interior accents than just the one relatively thin strip across the dash. Where's the wood on the door panels?

Tim, I was looking at your T-bird/MKR chop and I was wondering, did you add the chrome-and-wood-like strip on the top of the door panels or was that there already?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked at the original and noticed it was there, I just never saw it before. And again, good work!

Edited by rmc523

• 1 month later...