Ford 500 refresh

I did this chop before the 500 became the Taurus and before the 08 "Five Hundred" was shown at Detroit '07

I also thought about putting the 3 bar grille on it, i dont know i kinda like the (modified) grille thats on it

i put the originals in for comparison

post-28332-1184615519_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1184615526_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1184615780_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1184615790_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

• 2 weeks later...
i'd like to see rmc's chop only with the 427's headlamps. that would look pretty sweet. igor, how'd you get so close? where are those headlights from?

How's that? Sorry they don't fit on well, that's the best angle of the headlights I could find, plus, I only spent a few minutes on it

post-28332-1185388341_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
I did this chop before the 500 became the Taurus and before the 08 "Five Hundred" was shown at Detroit '07

I also thought about putting the 3 bar grille on it, i dont know i kinda like the (modified) grille thats on it

i put the originals in for comparison

Wow, never saw this thread, people like you should be working for ford!!! You did a great job, infinitely better than the hacks at Ford design did, it makes you wonder what's going on when some dude on the net can chop the car using paint, and come up with an incredible looking design, compared to the shit Ford came up with using their multi-millionaire big name designers!!!

If the Taurus looked like that I'd want one, and so would lots of other people, great job, I hope you do more chops in the future...

FUNNY...i was instantly reminded of an AMC Gremlin!

Why? The chop or the 500 doesn't look anything like a Gremlin.

If you can do better, please post. I'd be happy to make fun of your abilities....that would be real "FUNNY".

rmc523, I hope you don't mind I cleaned up some of the angles and lined up the headlights. I think it's a good idea, the Fusion lights are a LOT better than the revamped Taurus.

post-19198-1197675319_thumb.jpg

post-19198-1197675333_thumb.jpg