This should be a new Edge Commercial

mkizlvr

See, I prefer my intentional cheese a bit more obviously intentional--this I dunno, if they were faking it (I didn't see the whole show), it wasn't apparent--there was none of that Airplane! -obvious- over-the-top lampooning.

Obviously not a fan of the Evil Dead trilogy or the Carpenter/Russell classics Big Trouble in Little China and the ever-popular Escape from New York. ;)

It is a great commercial, except, as MBM pointed out, Corporate would never approve it since it shows people operating Ford vehicles in an unsafe manner. Gotta keep the Highway Nanny Lawsuit and Coffee Klatsch happy.

the ever-popular Escape from New York. ;)

Yeah. I totally did not get that movie. Or was it Escape from LA? It had Steve Buscemi in it.

I am not a fan of action movies in general, though, thus I have no idea when something is deliberately over the top as opposed to unintentionally over the top.

I guess it's kind of like limburger cheese--you throw out any other cheese that ends up smelling like limburber but limburger you eat?

I thought the ad/short film was great! I must of belly-laughed 3-4 times throughout it.

And I agree.... it's THE kind of chutzpah and unabashed brazenness this video exhibits that gets people's attention (and from some - respect.).

To a point, I say screw the lawyers. Put a big (and brief) disclaimer before and after this video, and run it during the next big sports event that utilizes the usual funny, longer than usual, commercials.

We need more commercials like this in a world where Ford *thinks* they have to put the following disclaimer on commercials where their vehicles (the Edge) are climbing buildings like Spiderman:

"Yes, this is a fantasy. Vehicles can't really drive on buildings."

:doh:

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine