2008 Crown Victoria gets new Ford corporate look

Ford does not desparately need any more performance vehicles....they have quite a few that people leave out...even if the arent alll strictly ford efforts...but really, why would they focus on such a tiny market, toyota doesn't, its not what people are looking for right now....

You must be joking! The after market parts industry profits in the billions annually. These parts range from cosmetic body kits, rims, tires to CAT back exhausts, cold air intakes, turbo's strut stabilizers, lowering kits! Secondly Toyota caters to this market. The whole concept behind Scion is customization with full factory warranty. Every Scion it shipped to the dealer as a stocker. Then the customer goes over a list of optional upgrades most of which I already mentioned. Then the dealer puts it in to a service bay and a Tech. installs the requested hop-ups, because the dealer socks them! Scion is not the only brand that receives this treatment, I talked with a men who was driving a 07' Celica hybrid with an obnoxious spoiler and bad ass body kit from the factory. You would think it's pointless to make a hybrid look fast, but go to the magazine isle at your local grocery store and look at the shelf. You'll find several tuner magazines with listings of parts vendors. Tuners have now learned how to hop-up hybrids for racing. These mags are mainly loaded with imports, Ford needs to get into the game. Just look at it from a consumer stand point. when you buy something say maybe a phone, do you want less or more options and technology?

Edited by Furious1Auto

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be joking! The after market parts industry profits in the billions annually. These parts range from cosmetic body kits, rims, tires to CAT back exhausts, cold air intakes, turbo's strut stabilizers, lowering kits! Secondly Toyota caters to this market. The whole concept behind Scion is customization with full factory warranty. Every Scion it shipped to the dealer as a stocker. Then the customer goes over a list of optional upgrades most of which I already mentioned. Then the dealer puts it in to a service bay and a Tech. installs the requested hop-ups, because the dealer socks them! Scion is not the only brand that receives this treatment, I talked with a men who was driving a 07' Celica hybrid with an obnoxious spoiler and bad ass body kit from the factory. You would think it's pointless to make a hybrid look fast, but go to the magazine isle at your local grocery store and look at the shelf. You'll find several tuner magazines with listings of parts vendors. Tuners have now learned how to hop-up hybrids for racing. These mags are mainly loaded with imports, Ford needs to get into the game. Just look at it from a consumer stand point. when you buy something say maybe a phone, do you want less or more options and technology?

that is ot at all the same as them making performance models...and i did imply that ford has many aftermarket options...I don't think they should waste unecessary time on it themselves....

that is ot at all the same as them making performance models...and i did imply that ford has many aftermarket options...I don't think they should waste unecessary time on it themselves....

One of the biggest deterrents to modifying a new car is the fear of voiding your warranty! That's why the Roush supercharger is such a good deal for the 4.6 V-8. you can have it installed and still retain your full power train warranty! No body wants the same vehicle everyone has though. That's just like my Fusion, I bought it my second month of production. It's one thing to have a new car, but it's quite another to have a new car that no one else has!

Like I said their are tuner magazines that show how to hop-up hybrid's and where to get the parts. look for the mags on the news stand! I know it sounds crazy!

What I meant was, what's a "Celica hybrid?" Far as I know there was never a hybrid powertrain for the Celica.

Must be new for 08' But it most certainly was a Celica with hybrid badging.

No. It was a moron with badge-envy.

There are no new Celicas being built, haven't been for a few years now. It flopped. The people who thought it cool, like your buddy with the hybrid badge, couldn't afford them new. They could only afford used models. On which they could stick all sorts of "I'm going to paint that later" after-market spoilers, airdams and such.

And HSD badges.

For there to be discussion on something like this, it indicates there's life in the product. The majority may not want to buy a Panther, but they have thoughts and ideas regarding the platform. I'd be more concerned if there was little discussion or none at all. Just a few months ago, the Five-Hundred forum (for example) had less posts than mostly all of the others, including the Panther forum. Now, the Five-Hundred has been discontinued in favor of the Taurus built on the same platform. Now, look at that forum. There's interest. When people stop caring enough to even post about a particular car or truck, I'd say that particular platform is on its way out for sure.

The Panthers sort of remind me of the Mustang. Most people either like them as-is or want moderate improvements made. A few dislike them significantly or can't understand the appreciation for the car, but almost all are expressive about them...one way or the other.

The Panthers have an enthusiastic group of supporters, even if they are dwindling. However, I suspect that even with modest sales in the U.S. market, continued popularity in the U.S. fleet/police market and leading sales in the large car market in the Middle East, I imagine that Ford will keep the Panthers around for awhile longer. I wouldn't be at all surprised that the Crown Vic in the pic (if authentic) is actually an export for the Kuwaiti market or for Saudi Arabia.

The Panthers have an enthusiastic group of supporters, even if they are dwindling. However, I suspect that even with modest sales in the U.S. market, continued popularity in the U.S. fleet/police market and leading sales in the large car market in the Middle East, I imagine that Ford will keep the Panthers around for awhile longer. I wouldn't be at all surprised that the Crown Vic in the pic (if authentic) is actually an export for the Kuwaiti market or for Saudi Arabia.

You can tell by looking at it , that the pic is photoshopped! That car doesn't exist!