Buyer's Keep Crossing to Crossovers

ANTAUS

Just wait until Ford blows everyone away with the exciting new crossover product in the near future... Complete with seven passenger seating, retractable hardtop and porthole rear quarter windows. It's called Thunderbird Super King Chief Sunliner X Five Hundred Limited... It somewhat resembles the pink Fab-1 showcar from a few years back... And it will tow your big horse trailer as well as your McDonald's eating fat ass...

Just wait until Ford blows everyone away with the exciting new crossover product in the near future... Complete with seven passenger seating, retractable hardtop and porthole rear quarter windows. It's called Thunderbird Super King Chief Sunliner X Five Hundred Limited... It somewhat resembles the pink Fab-1 showcar from a few years back... And it will tow your big horse trailer as well as your McDonald's eating fat ass...

:hysterical:

The truth of your statement is that there are as many possible variations of CUVs as there are cars.

Ford are trying the market so we can expect even more CUVs, because they are far cheaper to develop and make than SUVs. There's still a valid need for SUVs but it's not as great as it once was.

The days of 900,000 F150s may be gone when people realise the really don't need an F150 sized truck

when say, a CUV Bronco or a new Ranger/F100 will do the trick. If ford are first to capitolise this change

they may catch GM and Chrysler napping.

Edited by jpd80

I'm not convinced that the SUV/ CUV sector will die for sometime. In the UK we have road tax which now varies from car to car. So if you drive a big SUV you get charged more road tax than a small car. Even at that and with much higher fuel prices than in the USA some SUV brands are still seeing growing sales.

Ford I'm sure will continue to work on efficiency of these cars. Providing they stay one step ahead of the tax man then I think sales will continue to grow.

I'm not convinced that the SUV/ CUV sector will die for sometime. In the UK we have road tax which now varies from car to car. So if you drive a big SUV you get charged more road tax than a small car. Even at that and with much higher fuel prices than in the USA some SUV brands are still seeing growing sales.

Ford I'm sure will continue to work on efficiency of these cars. Providing they stay one step ahead of the tax man then I think sales will continue to grow.

The coming CAFE rules have them spooked, that 35 MPG figure they flash around is the average across all vehicles from F Trucks to fiestas. To make matters worse US 35 MPG in imperial gallons is 44 MPG.

With their current line up, they've got buckleys chance!

I'll take two! . . . with a side of fries and two boxes of .40 cal please.