20 most dangerous vehicles

Forbes

Few Toyotas on there too. Buick Rendevous #1.

Frankly...I'd take it with a grain if salt.

Love the dramatic headline, I expect to see blood pouring out of the headlights.

I am surprised the Mazda3 made the list, being a new platform and all. The Ranger is a given, as it's a 1980's truck. Look like the Yaris is a POS

I would say it is, if the majority of vehicles have 4 or 5 stars. If you have a 3, and you hit a 5 of the same weight...the 3 will lose.

Rendezvous is built on GM's minivan platform. If you visit NHTSA or IIHS, look at the crash video of their previous generation minivans...WOW, total death and devestation for front occupants...just MASSIVE destruction. I'm not shocked its' in 1st.

Now, many of those vehicles (since it's a dated article) are replaced, and/or, have safety items standard that would change their ratings, like the Escape and Focus.

This is for the 2007 Escape, not the 2008, which is basically the only model out now. The new Focus addresses some of those safety issues as well. As far as I see it. There are 2 Fords truly on that list with one of them due to be replaced next month with a safer model.

There is no such thing as an unsafe new car - just some have more high tech items designed to do well on tests conducted in a controlled environment.

This is "Forbes" magazine you are talking about - they preferred magazine of big money dilberts.

have to agree...people are way too hyped up on star ratings...theres a lot more dangerous 1 star drivers than cars...by a HUGE margin...I'm beginning to wonder if turn signals are now redundant........also seems the common thread is the latest media darling...side airbags....or LACK OF to make this list...and once ALL cars have them it will be something else......... .

Edited by Deanh