First 2010 Ford Mustang production mule spotted!

DetroitWonk

Here you go kids -- it looks like a Mustang with a mattress on its head.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/2010-f...tted-286782.php

Ray

I would much rather see the original Mustang concept of 2003 come to fruition. I like the lower beltline, more "butch" appearance, and ESPECIALLY the rear end.

But the one on the cover of that Motor Trend isssue didn't look too bad, either...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you removed the Pony badge off the front, and added a Ford badge it would look like the old Cougar that Ford use to sell in Europe, it was a complete sales disaster in Europe Ford sold next to zero of them over this side of the pond. Why not just leave it alone the Mustang already looks awesome, why change it for changes sake, it could be end up hitting Mustang sales rather than improving them. Sorry but l don't like it, Ford will be handing sports car sales over Toyota with this styling change.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

If you removed the Pony badge off the front, and added a Ford badge it would look like the old Cougar that Ford use to sell in Europe, it was a complete sales disaster in Europe Ford sold next to zero of them over this side of the pond. Why not just leave it alone the Mustang already looks awesome, why change it for changes sake, it could be end up hitting Mustang sales rather than improving them. Sorry but l don't like it, Ford will be handing sports car sales over Toyota with this styling change.

Mustang sales are slowing if you haven't noticed. With the new Challenger and Camaro right around the corner, the Mustang NEEDS to stay fresh. It's not a VW Beetle.

What Toyota sports car are people going to buy again instead of a Mustang? Supra? Oops. Celica? Nuh-uh. MR-2? Nope. :hysterical:

Edited by NickF1011

Mustang sales are slowing if you haven't noticed. With the new Challenger and Camaro right around the corner, the Mustang NEEDS to stay fresh. It's not a VW Beetle.

What Toyota sports car are people going to buy again instead of a Mustang? Supra? Oops. Celica? Nuh-uh. MR-2? Nope. :hysterical:

So will we get another new model for everything in Fords line-up Nick, because just about everything went down last month, F-Series sales dropped by nearly 50% in July. I think poor MPG of Fords entire range is letting them down, not the styling Nick. That is the Mustang & F-Series best asset they just need to up the MPG with better engines, because if they become as bland and dull as a Supra or Celica, then Toyota will be sitting on a bland Camry sports car winner.

It's the badass styling of the Mustang that makes it No1 Best selling sports car in its class, make the Mustang styling mediocre and expect to see sale go the same way, and watch Toyota sports car sales rise, if you go head to head with Toyota on blandness they will win every time so why give them Mustang sales on a plate. Bland, Bland head to head battle between two bland cars better MPG, price and better reliability wins it every time for Toyota, when is all comes down to a specification only based vehicle, it will be a win win for Toyota.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

To be honest, if there's one model I trust Ford not to screw up, it's the Mustang. And I will promise you, the Mustang will NEVER look boring. I'd be willing to bet the 2009 Mustang will be a hybrid between the current model, and the Giugario concept below.

I also think Ford is missing out by not selling the Mustang worldwide. An international model would be easy to put together. RHD, for starters... can't be that hard to put together. Then, for international tastes, new motors. Diesel, 2.5L I4, 2.5L Twin Force, and a V8 of some kind. There are enough free spirited folk in the world who would eat it up, and make it well worth the export cost.

8-ford-mustang-giugiaro-concept-1.jpg

from the looks of the concepts i like it. id prefer the 03 showcar Cougar/Shelby esque taillights but i hope the one thing that really bugged me about the current Mustang is taken care of - the giant lip of a front bumper. looks like one of those african tribes people with the disc in their lower lip. never liked how that looked but on the orange concept the flush bumper looks oh so much better. i hope they can find a way to make it still pass the bumper tests though. we shall see......

So will we get another new model for everything in Fords line-up Nick, because just about everything went down last month, F-Series sales dropped by nearly 50% in July. I think poor MPG of Fords entire range is letting them down, not the styling Nick. That is the Mustang & F-Series best asset they just need to up the MPG with better engines, because if they become as bland and dull as a Supra or Celica, then Toyota will be sitting on a bland Camry sports car winner.

It's the badass styling of the Mustang that makes it No1 Best selling sports car in its class, make the Mustang styling mediocre and expect to see sale go the same way, and watch Toyota sports car sales rise, if you go head to head with Toyota on blandness they will win every time so why give them Mustang sales on a plate. Bland, Bland head to head battle between two bland cars better MPG, price and better reliability wins it every time for Toyota, when is all comes down to a specification only based vehicle, it will be a win win for Toyota.

Yes, sales across Ford's board are down for the most part, but there are exceptions that show fresher models sell better. Expedition? It was in a tailspin until the refresh. Even the Mustang was selling worse in 2004 than it did when the '05 debuted -- proof that fresher sells better. Fewer and fewer people are going to want a car that looks the same as it did when the design debuted several years earlier. If you're basing success of a model purely on its sales for a couple of model years, then by far the most successful Mustang was the '65-66. Should Ford have NEVER redesigned it? Of course not. The competition changed. Ford had to keep pace. The fuel economy of Ford's vehicles certainly plays a role, but even a 7-8 year old Mustang design that got better fuel economy would still see sales drop year over year. Competition will be arriving in a year. The Mustang can get by on an older look until then because it has NO competition.

As for styling -- Mustang styling, by most accounts, was pretty horrendous and/or bland in the 70's and 80's. It still managed to be the best-selling sport coupe for much of that time.

Edited by NickF1011

One thing that Ford cannot do, is to do nothing. They must refresh and continue to refresh and redesign every vehicle as freqently as the competition.

The Mustang is sold here in Middle East but it's barely selling with the fucking markup they have, apparently a Mustang with the CS package costs 45K USD. That's fucking bullshit.

That's about the same markup they get in every niche market they get exported to on occasion. When Ford last exported Mustangs to Australia they cost a fortune too. There's not much money to be made by exporting a handful of vehicles in most cases, so markups are a must to even make it a break-even proposition.

That's about the same markup they get in every niche market they get exported to on occasion. When Ford last exported Mustangs to Australia they cost a fortune too. There's not much money to be made by exporting a handful of vehicles in most cases, so markups are a must to even make it a break-even proposition.

Dude, a stripper Mondeo (the old one) here costs 16K and trust me they NEVER sell anything for a loss NEVER. Rebates don't even exist around here, nor does discounts or any other crap.

I still think we shouldn't pay a penny more than the Americans, unless these pennies are the cost of the shipping.

Dude, a stripper Mondeo (the old one) here costs 16K and trust me they NEVER sell anything for a loss NEVER. Rebates don't even exist around here, nor does discounts or any other crap.

I still think we shouldn't pay a penny more than the Americans, unless these pennies are the cost of the shipping.

1. Mondeo is shipped in from Europe which is a lot closer to you.

2. Pay that mark up and like it bitch, how does it feel? We get to pay $3.00 a gallon while you're paying 20 cents. I hope it sucks for you.

1. Mondeo is shipped in from Europe which is a lot closer to you.

2. Pay that mark up and like it bitch, how does it feel? We get to pay $3.00 a gallon while you're paying 20 cents. I hope it sucks for you.

It costs 15K to ship a Mustank from the US to Saudi? Bullfuckingshit, I should have used the Explorer or Expedition as an example.. They don't have these "markups".

It costs 15K to ship a Mustank from the US to Saudi? Bullfuckingshit, I should have used the Explorer or Expedition as an example.. They don't have these "markups".

:baby: Suck it up son!!! It cost the Saudis $3.00 to pump a barrel of oil out of the ground. They then sell it for the going rate of about $70 a barrel. That's 2300% markup. There is a 1500% markup between what a gallon of gas costs you and what it costs Americans. I don't care how Neil Cavuto or a whole army of financial experts try to tell me that I'm not getting ripped the fuck of by OPEC, I know better. There is no justifiable reason for a 2300% markup. Enjoy your expensive ass mustang and your cheap gas.

Total sales volume is down in NA and it has nothing to do with Ford's marketing or design. There is a housing crisis caused be predatory lending, and there have been two huge market dips two the dow Jones. Alot of people will lose everything and carry negative equity to their new living spaces. And an equal number of people will be able to buy houses cheap enough to rent out and still turn a profit, if no one buys long enough to force housing prices to crash! Don't buy now because the flood of houses on the market will lower asking prices, and if you do make an offer. Don't offer more than 60% of the appraised value!

I hate to sound like pcsario because frankly I can't stand that prick. But there's always some other reason why the sales numbers keep dropping that having nothing to do with Fords products.

If people are grasping, and pulling investments to try to save their houses than their not going to buy cars!

Total sales volume is down in NA and it has nothing to do with Ford's marketing or design. There is a housing crisis caused be predatory lending, and there have been two huge market dips two the dow Jones. Alot of people will lose everything and carry negative equity to their new living spaces. And an equal number of people will be able to buy houses cheap enough to rent out and still turn a profit, if no one buys long enough to force housing prices to crash! Don't buy now because the flood of houses on the market will lower asking prices, and if you do make an offer. Don't offer more than 60% of the appraised value!

When folk are having hard times in the US like you mentioned surely they will be dumping 6.0 litre CAT's like a its a plague then Mr Furious, for smaller more fuel efficient Japanese models, Nissan sales UP 22.7%, Honda UP 7.3%, Toyota UP 6.1% it looks like the Japanese are hit hard here with there more "Fuel Efficient" cars & trucks. Ford need to wake up, and get there arse in to gear with improved "Fuel efficiency" to reflect changing housing and lending problems. Why don't Ford put more of its superb Fuel efficient engines that they use in Europe in its cars & trucks in the US, as high sales seem very much in vogue if you are a Japanese manufacturer of "Fuel Efficient" cars & trucks. Japanese manufactures don’t have a single car in Europe’s top 10 why because we have super fuel-efficient 70 MPG diesels Peugeot 207 & Ford Focus keeping them out.

BBC NEWS REPORT

Ford and GM see US sales decline

Ford is trying to turn around its fortunes

Struggling US carmakers Ford and General Motors (GM) have both seen a sharp drop in monthly US sales as they continue to fail to win over buyers.

With both blaming the declines on planned cuts in unprofitable sales to rental firms, GM's overall June sales fell 24%, while Ford's were down 8%.

By contrast, their main Japanese rivals all saw their US sales rise last month.

Nissan's monthly sales added 22.7%, while Honda's advanced by 7.3%, and Toyota gained 6.1%.

Read More here......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6266856.stm

When folk are having hard times in the US like you mentioned surely they will be dumping 6.0 litre CAT's like a its a plague then Mr Furious, for smaller more fuel efficient Japanese models, Nissan sales UP 22.7%, Honda UP 7.3%, Toyota UP 6.1% it looks like the Japanese are hit hard here with there more "Fuel Efficient" cars & trucks. Ford need to wake up, and get there arse in to gear with improved "Fuel efficiency" to reflect changing housing and lending problems. Why don't Ford put more of its superb Fuel efficient engines that they use in Europe in its cars & trucks in the US, as high sales seem very much in vogue if you are a Japanese manufacturer of "Fuel Efficient" cars & trucks. Japanese manufactures don’t have a single car in Europe’s top 10 why because we have super fuel-efficient 70 MPG diesels Peugeot 207 & Ford Focus keeping them out.

BBC NEWS REPORT

Ford and GM see US sales decline

Ford is trying to turn around its fortunes

Struggling US carmakers Ford and General Motors (GM) have both seen a sharp drop in monthly US sales as they continue to fail to win over buyers.

With both blaming the declines on planned cuts in unprofitable sales to rental firms, GM's overall June sales fell 24%, while Ford's were down 8%.

By contrast, their main Japanese rivals all saw their US sales rise last month.

Nissan's monthly sales added 22.7%, while Honda's advanced by 7.3%, and Toyota gained 6.1%.

Read More here......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6266856.stm

Your naive. if you read back you'll see Ford doesn't build vehicles with a CAT motor, nor does CAT build engines small enough for light trucks that in use on highway applications. Second Toyota Tundra's have the worst fuel mileage of any truck it's second. Third the EPA testing methods are flawed, allowing Toyota to advertise 60 MPG on a car that actually gets 45MPG.

Third Ford's Fusion is more attractive and out performs the Camry and Accord. It also gets 30 MPG.

index.png

Edited by Furious1Auto

Your naive. if you read back you'll see Ford doesn't build vehicles with a CAT motor, nor does CAT build engines small enough for light trucks that in use on highway applications. Second Toyota Tundra's have the worst fuel mileage of any truck it's second. Third the EPA testing methods are flawed, allowing Toyota to advertise 60 MPG on a car that actually gets 45MPG.

Third Ford's Fusion is more attractive and out performs the Camry and Accord. It also gets 30 MPG.

index.png

You are the only person l know that wants to put a CAT into a Ford it was not me that suggested the idea it was YOU. With stock markets down, and times are hard for folk in US, you cant blame folk that want the best MPG as fuel heads to $100 a barrel you can't blame them for that, but Ford and GM are letting them down with poor gas mileage. Have a look here at the poor MPG on offer here.

Japanese cars up to 32% more fuel efficient on average than American cars read more here......

http://www.dailyfueleconomytip.com/?p=295

Japanese trucks & SUV up 9% more fuel efficient on average than American trucks read more....

http://www.dailyfueleconomytip.com/?p=299

Who do you blame the buyer for buying Japanese or Ford & GM for producing piss poor MPG cars & trucks? l love the F-150 & Mustangs to bits, but what wrong with trying to up the MPG on them?

You are the only person l know that wants to put a CAT into a Ford it was not me that suggested the idea it was YOU. With stock markets down, and times are hard for folk in US, you cant blame folk that want the best MPG as fuel heads to $100 a barrel you can't blame them for that, but Ford and GM are letting them down with poor gas mileage. Have a look here at the poor MPG on offer here.

Japanese cars up to 32% more fuel efficient on average than American cars read more here......

http://www.dailyfueleconomytip.com/?p=295

Japanese trucks & SUV up 9% more fuel efficient on average than American trucks read more....

http://www.dailyfueleconomytip.com/?p=299

Who do you blame the buyer for buying Japanese or Ford & GM for producing piss poor MPG cars & trucks? l love the F-150 & Mustangs to bits, but what wrong with trying to up the MPG on them?

What do you own stock in Toyota and oil, You have an agenda but your posts are counter productive to your cause. Are you a paid blogger? Go sell your junk somewhere else. Here is a LINK to a sight with other people that would like to see a CAT/Ford. What does the economy have to do with the fact I want a CAT/Ford. If you think validates your point your wrong, attempting to make a connection between the two just solidifies the fact that you are an idiot!

Edited by Furious1Auto

If people are grasping, and pulling investments to try to save their houses than their not going to buy cars!

You DO realize that this whole sub-prime mortgage crisis is blown WAY out of proportion don't you? Sub-prime mortgages only account for about 14% of all mortgages. Only about 13% of those 14% are late on payments. In the end, it comes out to 0.6% of all mortgages in the country being in forclosure, which is WAY up from last year's amount of 0.5%. :hysterical:

The sub-prime blabbering is just an excuse for other larger underlying problems. Mortgages are NOT stopping people from buying cars. People are still buying cars at near-recond rates. They just aren't buying them from GM and Ford.