First 2010 Ford Mustang production mule spotted!

DetroitWonk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most buyers buy because of the product, not because they like their salesman so much. It takes a good salesman to make customers notice the product though. Do you really think that a salesman at a Ford dealership who has an awesome closing ratio would bring a mass exodus of customers if he switched to the Chevy dealer across the street? No. Most of those buyers were looking for a Ford product. They aren't going to switch brands just because their old salesman did. The only way your scenario would truly work (even to a point) was if the salesman left one Ford dealer to go to another Ford dealer.

Before I finished reading your post this was going to be my arguement! How many Ford dealerships do you have in your county. A good salesman is a good salesman regardless of what they are selling or where they are selling it, and is invaluable!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Before I finished reading your post this was going to be my arguement! How many Ford dealerships do you have in your county. A good salesman is a good salesman regardless of what they are selling or where they are selling it, and is invaluable!

Yes, so you're making my argument for me. A dealer isn't going to fire a good salesman and replace him/her with any random joe off the street who may or may not be a good salesman.

Yes, so you're making my argument for me. A dealer isn't going to fire a good salesman and replace him/her with any random joe off the street who may or may not be a good salesman.

I wouldn't think it wise, but that still doesn't mean that he should be afraid to post his thoughts on the net! He is in a great position to embarrass any employer if he has digital recording devices! weather or not the government would side with you on a wrongful termination case doesn't mean you can't publicly embarrass them by post clips about how they run their internal business on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2zh2oFYs0g...ted&search= Edited by Furious1Auto

Horse hides in a Mustang. Tasteless.

I guess a Cobra version would get snake skins...

It could be worse.... How about chicken feathers in a Thunderbird? Or cat skins in a Cougar? Bull skins in a Taurus?...

How about hides of deceased old people in the Grand Marquis? Doncha just love the random natural beauty of age spots and wrinkles in the material? And like some leather and suede combinations that are fashionable, with the Grand Marquis you get blue hair and wrinkled skins... Just think about the special interior care products that you will get to preserve the interior after buy the car... Oil of Olay, Preperation H, Esoterica and a bottle of Clariol...

How about the hides of Ford executive asses if the new generation of cars don't sell well...

Edited by Watchdevil

I loved the seats in it.....

Giugiaro%20Mustang%204.jpg

Aside from the tasteless seat inserts, the Guigiaro is a step in the right direction eliminating the black rubbermaid storage bins and hard edged plastic look. The console looks good with some color and softened contours as well as the softened dash. The look of spray painted silver is eliminated and the use of piano black across the dash with just enough real chrome highlights is perfect. The steering wheel is a nice smaler diameter and looks less like a leftover from the 1970's tooling and has a proper thick rim with a GTI-like countour. They still don't have the shifter right with that wierd T-bar stirrup, but anything is better than the ergonomic disaster of an automatic shifter they have now. As it is now, I am more than likely to buy a manual transmission car just so I don't have to put up with the Atari joystick in the current car.

I may as well wait and see what the next updated Mustang brings for improvements... If they can make it feel and look as good as a GTI then it will be wonderful. Hopefully the repetitive Mustang & Pony emblem cloth will be history on base models... It's like it's on purpose to annoy you to make you pay the big extra for a leather interior just to avoid it.

Edited by Watchdevil

Get over it, your 20 years of experience as a car salesman means nothing to me. I have nothing against salesman, talking about changing your profession on a public message board is ignorance, my friend.

dub a$$ comment again....who cares if it means something to you or not...all i am saying is it is a lot more difficult lately in comparison with prior years and my conclusion based it on the current housing market..thats all...I am NOT looking for sympathy at all...it is what it is...but ignorant people making SWEEPING comments like yourself and attacking a profession that you obviously know NOTHING about underline common mis-conceptions....oh...and i'm kinda my own boss, so i'll write myself up and give myself a verbal warning for speaking truthfully about the struggling car business. I will also send you a business card of a salesperson whom just started to cater to your abuse, not be able to answer much of your product knowledge questions, err when asked the diff between a lease and purchase, NOT know any programs, have to spend three hours with to get inflated numbers from his "manager"...not have any idea on trades real worth....but hey the free soda makes it worth it doesn't it. Sure...sales jobs are easy to get....would you do it? I sure as hell wouldn't hire someone with your attitude....jobs are a dime a dozen...finding GOOD sales people isn't, and if income doesn't cut the mustard they leave too and back to the pimply green pea that pi$$'s YOU off being unable to answer YOUR questions.....sorry guys I will attempt to stick to this threads topic...just take umbrage to internet Dr Phils..

Edited by Deanh

Maybe not, he could get a job offer. Sales jobs are a dime a dozen anyway, if his boss fired him then he could likely find a commission job that same day!

Iv'e had a few offers....a LOT over the years, best job was a Sales Manager at a Jag, Landrover, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Lotus dealership. Went into the job knowing the dealership was in BK and restructuring..owner was a class act, and THAT. was the reason I went to a potentially sinking ship. It was there I witnessed several dramatic changes that eventually led Tokai bank to come in and shut the doors...first off a nasty owners divorce and settlement, luxury tax on anything over 30k ( BIG hit on Ferraris ) BAD Jaguars, IRS demanding transactions of cash over 10k requiring notification etc etc. Sad thing is if the store was alive today it would be rocking....and I would still be there....loyalty means a lot to me.....thus my stint here of 16 plus.....right now it is tough, BUT hopefully it will turn....and some of these concepts and product rumours point in the right direction,,,,three I am really pumped up on are the small cargo van the updated F-150 and the Flex...the Mustang even if they minutely improve and modernise the int/ exterior is just the candle on the cake....LOVE the interior of the concept ( sans the hides )

Edited by Deanh