C&D: 2008 Taurus 0-60

range

Around here, premium isn't but .20 more on average than regular.

I will say that Ford has really turned impressive with their mileage capability, extracting better or same mileage with engines tuned to run on regular gas. Good. Take for instance the comparison between 4.6 4v vs. 4.6 3v. Both make similar horsepower and torque naturally aspirated, yet the 3v can run on regular unleaded and get the same mileage. The 3.5 Duratec seems to have the possibility of being one of Ford's best engines in recent years...especially for mainstream applications. While its not a torque monster at 240 lbs.-ft, the gearing can help compensate and it does make good horsepower at 260 horses. Avoid adding too much weight to the car and its a strong performer. So what if the Avalon is a tick or two quicker? I think the Ford Taurus is a better car overall. It appears that Ford Taurus has finally caught back up with Honda and Toyota in terms of refinement, power, quality and reliability and surpassed its old Accord/Camry rivals in terms of overall size. Now, we're comparing Avalon to Taurus.

Let's hope so and let's hope that the American public gets the word.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These media darlings will need to change their panties when they drive an MKS with twin hair dryers.

Nice! Will they also need to change their panties when they drive a Taurus SHO with twin hair dryers? :beerchug:

Ignorant Motor Trend was spouting drivel about the MKS this month due to the lack of the Yamaha V8. They noted how competitors from Lexus and Cadillac offer V8s and noted the TT V6 would offer "V8-like performance". V8-like performance I'm sure of, but far, far beyond Yamaha 4.4L V8-like performance I suspect.

Nice! Will they also need to change their panties when they drive a Taurus SHO with twin hair dryers? :beerchug:

Ignorant Motor Trend was spouting drivel about the MKS this month due to the lack of the Yamaha V8. They noted how competitors from Lexus and Cadillac offer V8s and noted the TT V6 would offer "V8-like performance". V8-like performance I'm sure of, but far, far beyond Yamaha 4.4L V8-like performance I suspect.

I read that as well... I wonder what they'll say when the BASE V6 debuts with more horsepower than the Yamaha V8 was going to.

same mags RAVE about BMW's twin turbo in their 3 series...........