Upset Customer

jam116

Well I received a letter today from Ford telling me that it was a problem the dealer would have to address.. So I guess Ford Dealers write and print the advertising and produce the web pages for Ford Motor Company....Guess a customer just does not mean anything to Ford anymore.....I've never owned anything else but Fords......Can not believe they would treat a customer like this....

This

section.

Patented engine-torque traction control delivers precision handling

The 2008 Super Duty is the only vehicle in its class to utilize a sophisticated type of patented engine torque traction control on all diesel models. While most competitors use brakes to manage torque, Super Duty’s state-of-the-art diesel uses engine torque to manage wheel spin. Super Duty’s system computes wheel speed from the differential and reduces torque to match the best traction to the wheels for that terrain. The system works in 4x2 only and offers the option of shutting it off when it’s not needed

In all honesty, the article you cite never states that traction control is standard equipment. I do see how a person could infer or assume that from this paragraph but it still never claims this as standard equipment. It is common for manufacturers of all kinds of products to use wording like this. Just because Ford's truck 'utilizes' this technology, it 'utilizes' it as optional equipment. You also continuously refer to the traction control as an option throughout this post, yet expected it to be standard equipment.

I do feel bad for your experience, but when spending that kind of money, I always clarify those details with the sales person. If you had stated to your sales person, "And it comes with traction control, right?" you probably would not be in this situation.

Boegey

In all honesty, the article you cite never states that traction control is standard equipment. I do see how a person could infer or assume that from this paragraph but it still never claims this as standard equipment. It is common for manufacturers of all kinds of products to use wording like this. Just because Ford's truck 'utilizes' this technology, it 'utilizes' it as optional equipment. You also continuously refer to the traction control as an option throughout this post, yet expected it to be standard equipment.

I do feel bad for your experience, but when spending that kind of money, I always clarify those details with the sales person. If you had stated to your sales person, "And it comes with traction control, right?" you probably would not be in this situation.

Boegey

Sorry I did make it confusing as once I learned it was an option I started referring to it as a option and should have stated it differently. I guess you are correct about asking sales person...I must admit this truck rolled in on the car carrier while I was there getting my 2004 6.0L serviced. It was the best looking truck they had and ...well..you know how that goes.. The sales person was also new and he did not know allot about the truck but I should have asked the question.

I based my comments on the statement in the Ad that says "The 2008 Super Duty is the only vehicle in its class to utilize a sophisticated type of patented engine torque traction control on all diesel models.

This is why I thought I had this equipment as I understood it came on all 2008 diesel models. We have this on one of our other cars and I must say it can be a life saver....All I want is to have this added to my truck. I'm not trying to be an a$$ about it but I bought the truck thinking it was there based on the ad....

On and by the way y'all have hit a home run with this truck. It is so much quieter and rides much smoother than my 2004 F-250....

2008 F-450 Lariat

2004 RS

2006 Cooper JCW Vert

1952 Indian

2004 Forest River 32L fiver

1949 Indian (Basket Bike)

Cars I've had and some I wish I still had

1966 Stang

1970 Boss Stang (Yellow black stripes)

1972 Stang

1980 Stang

198? Crown Vic

1980 RX7

1985 Spider

2004 F-250 Diesel

1998 F-150

2003 F0250 V-10

1995 POS Blazer II

1975 Smoke & Bandit car...

1978 CJ-5

1972 Maverick

1970 something Grand Marquise

1973 LTD

Totaled two Crown Vics while on duty and walked away!

Edited by jam116

Sorry I did make it confusing as once I learned it was an option I started referring to it as a option and should have stated it differently. I guess you are correct about asking sales person...I must admit this truck rolled in on the car carrier while I was there getting my 2004 6.0L serviced. It was the best looking truck they had and ...well..you know how that goes.. The sales person was also new and he did not know allot about the truck but I should have asked the question.

I based my comments on the statement in the Ad that says "The 2008 Super Duty is the only vehicle in its class to utilize a sophisticated type of patented engine torque traction control on all diesel models.

This is why I thought I had this equipment as I understood it came on all 2008 diesel models. We have this on one of our other cars and I must say it can be a life saver....All I want is to have this added to my truck. I'm not trying to be an a$$ about it but I bought the truck thinking it was there based on the ad....

On and by the way y'all have hit a home run with this truck. It is so much quieter and rides much smoother than my 2004 F-250....

2008 F-450 Lariat

2004 RS

2006 Cooper JCW Vert

1952 Indian

2004 Forest River 32L fiver

1949 Indian (Basket Bike)

Cars I've had and some I wish I still had

1966 Stang

1970 Boss Stang (Yellow black stripes)

1972 Stang

1980 Stang

198? Crown Vic

1980 RX7

1985 Spider

2004 F-250 Diesel

1998 F-150

2003 F0250 V-10

1995 POS Blazer II

1975 Smoke & Bandit car...

1978 CJ-5

1972 Maverick

1970 something Grand Marquise

1973 LTD

Totaled two Crown Vics while on duty and walked away!

sorry.but I would think someone dropping that sort of moola would actuall READ a window sticker to check the said vehicle had ALL th options that were desired..customer error plain and simple...I know if a specific option was vital to myself I would take it upon myself to check....sure it is perhaps misleading but YOU also know how many pages of options are avail on the Superduty and NOTHING should be taken for granted.......like buyining a three bedroom house and thinking 2 1/2 baths was standard......TC hasn't been avail till now and people have been fine w Limited slip alone....

Edited by Deanh

sorry.but I would think someone dropping that sort of moola would actuall READ a window sticker to check the said vehicle had ALL th options that were desired..customer error plain and simple...I know if a specific option was vital to myself I would take it upon myself to check....sure it is perhaps misleading but YOU also know how many pages of options are avail on the Superduty and NOTHING should be taken for granted.......like buyining a three bedroom house and thinking 2 1/2 baths was standard......TC hasn't been avail till now and people have been fine w Limited slip alone....

If it was standard would it even be listed? Or listed as a Pack with the diesel eng. option?

If I thought it was an option I would have seen it under the option section....

Guess we will agree to disagree....

If it was standard would it even be listed? Or listed as a Pack with the diesel eng. option?

If I thought it was an option I would have seen it under the option section....

Guess we will agree to disagree....

window sticker has two sides...left hand side lists standard options...then look to the right and options are listed with individual prices.......like i said it is a little confusing....but I am assuming that a person that is buying a vehicle of this magnitude has purchased many vehicles beforehand...it really hasn't changed over the years except fot the frustrating amounts of potential options that can be mixed and matched....lesson to be learned....NEVER take anything for granted...for instance...the 0 percent advertised....shhhh, they fail to mention it is for 36 months on most vehicles.....frustrates the HELL outa me to have to explain THAT 10 times a day....

window sticker has two sides...left hand side lists standard options...then look to the right and options are listed with individual prices.......like i said it is a little confusing....but I am assuming that a person that is buying a vehicle of this magnitude has purchased many vehicles beforehand...it really hasn't changed over the years except fot the frustrating amounts of potential options that can be mixed and matched....lesson to be learned....NEVER take anything for granted...for instance...the 0 percent advertised....shhhh, they fail to mention it is for 36 months on most vehicles.....frustrates the HELL outa me to have to explain THAT 10 times a day....

So the next question is this something that can be a dealer add on or only a factory add on?

post-28700-1187361629_thumb.jpg

So the next question is this something that can be a dealer add on or only a factory add on?

you know what....I will ask...truth be told I am not sure...question...obviouly there is a reason this feature has significant importance to you...could you please enlighten? PS....NICE truck....

Edited by Deanh

Thank you..I sure love it also. I have to take my hats off to y'all as you produced a great product..I wish I would have understood about this being an option..We have a Mini Cooper "S" and live in the edge of the mountains. It is great to have the traction control on the Mini Cooper "S".

Please do not misunderstand the post as I love the truck!

My 1952 Indian.

post-28700-1187388149_thumb.jpg

A "Good" dealer will work out a "fair trade" for you. Order a new one with the option on it. It was up to your salesman to explain to you all the specific options available. If your truck has a 5,000 or less miles, then the trade should be $1,000 or less; basically you are paying a small price for the miles driven.

Good Luck

A "Good" dealer will work out a "fair trade" for you. Order a new one with the option on it. It was up to your salesman to explain to you all the specific options available. If your truck has a 5,000 or less miles, then the trade should be $1,000 or less; basically you are paying a small price for the miles driven.

Good Luck

unfortunately that is not accurate....would you purchase a 50,000 item without checking it had the options you found necessary? The problem really is that there are 4 MILLION different ways of ordering a Superduty and one has to be exceptionally careful otherwise a situation like this can occur and a small but important item can be missed by the CUSTOMER...NOT the salesperson...for the LIFE of me I don't know why someones oversight IMMEDIATELY gets blamed on someone else.....$1000 or less isn't accurate either....rebates etc and subveened rates are no longer avail on a vehicle considered used.....dependent on the deal the customer negotiated i would say closert to 5- 7k.....REAL numbers not fantasy unfortunately...

• 2 months later...

To all the smart a$$ responders.

Ford can and did fix this problem....

To the ones who had responded to a customer's concern with concern for a customer

"Thank You" you are the reason I own Fords....

The others need to go to work for the Government because you are not helping Ford and your attitude is about the same as displayed by Goverment Employees at the DMV........Sad to see Unions protect worthless employees who are so disgespecful to the very people who put the money in your pocket every week....

Sales copy sez:

<b>The 2008 Super Duty is the only vehicle in its class to utilize a sophisticated type of patented engine torque traction control on all diesel models.</b>

Straight up question: Is your truck a F-450 diesel?

If so then there's something to note. If not then your claim doesn't work because of the sales copy highlighted above.

Please tell us what engine you have.

---------

UPDATE: D'oh this was an old post/topic.

Edited by Roadrunner

........Sad to see Unions protect worthless employees who are so disgespecful to the very people who put the money in your pocket every week....

Umm....excuse me?

Which people were they (who responded to your predicament)?

Boegey --- don't know if he works for Ford or not...responded with...

...nothing disrespectful about that.

Were you referring to Deanh?

This poster doesn't work for Ford, he's a dealer. So he's not a UAW member.

Next, MERKURXR4Ti? I don't know if he works for Ford. But complimenting your truck..

Thats a beaut

...is hardly offensive.

So that leaves Houstonperson. Nope. Doubt he works for Ford. Didn't say anything offensive either.

So, in the end, nobody that actually worked for Ford or is in the UAW offended you (in this thread, unless you're referring to some other thread).

I've looked over your posts. So you're anti-union, that much is obvious. But if you've got a chip on your shoulder, at least point out the culprits instead of whitewashing everyone with the same brush.

Edited by ViperPilot

Sales copy sez:

<b>The 2008 Super Duty is the only vehicle in its class to utilize a sophisticated type of patented engine torque traction control on all diesel models.</b>

Straight up question: Is your truck a F-450 diesel?

If so then there's something to note. If not then your claim doesn't work because of the sales copy highlighted above.

Please tell us what engine you have.

---------

UPDATE: D'oh this was an old post/topic.

2008 F-450 Diesel 4X4 Lariet

Edited by jam116

2008 F-450 Diesel 4X4 Lariet

If the dealer replaced your vehicle then good for you, my bet is you tired them out until the only way they could get rid of the problem was to appese you...but next time please check the equipment...options are listed ver-batum on the window sticker, traction control has NEVER been standard equipment...hell stupid as it sounds NEITHER is limited slip!

If the dealer replaced your vehicle then good for you, my bet is you tired them out until the only way they could get rid of the problem was to appese you...but next time please check the equipment...options are listed ver-batum on the window sticker, traction control has NEVER been standard equipment...hell stupid as it sounds NEITHER is limited slip!

Very poor assumption...Like most assumptions...

Ford is adding it to my vehicle. Ford Engineer coming into town to do it himself....

Very poor assumption...Like most assumptions...

Ford is adding it to my vehicle. Ford Engineer coming into town to do it himself....

aren't you the one that was bitchin about the fact you missed that it wasn't standard equipment 9 obviously MY assumption )...that YOU took it for granted through what you red and perceived ( mine again )...you my friend are responsible for checking the equipment on the vehicle you bought ( again I assume you can read a window sticker...correct me if i am wrong )...if you get home and find something on your checklist is NOt on the vehicle blame the dealer/ Ford ( or the fact you ASSUMED it was on there and HAVE bought cars before)...it must have been all their fault....so in this case I am NOT assuming.....just reading your posts....I am surprized ford stepped up ( if they actually did because something doesn't jive here unless it WAS listed on the window and you have a mis-built unit) and also that it can even be done as computers etc all have to be replaced and just the thought of replacing harness's etc give me a headache.....so i apologize for my assumptions, do you for assuming it was standard equip? sounds like another case of lack of accountability if you ask me....

aren't you the one that was bitchin about the fact you missed that it wasn't standard equipment 9 obviously MY assumption )...that YOU took it for granted through what you red and perceived ( mine again )...you my friend are responsible for checking the equipment on the vehicle you bought ( again I assume you can read a window sticker...correct me if i am wrong )...if you get home and find something on your checklist is NOt on the vehicle blame the dealer/ Ford ( or the fact you ASSUMED it was on there and HAVE bought cars before)...it must have been all their fault....so in this case I am NOT assuming.....just reading your posts....I am surprized ford stepped up ( if they actually did because something doesn't jive here unless it WAS listed on the window and you have a mis-built unit) and also that it can even be done as computers etc all have to be replaced and just the thought of replacing harness's etc give me a headache.....so i apologize for my assumptions, do you for assuming it was standard equip? sounds like another case of lack of accountability if you ask me....

If you start at the beginning of this post you will see a copy of Ford's ad stating that it is standard on every diesel....Guess it is incorrect to think if a company makes such a statement that they would not have it as standard equipment......My bad for reading the advertisement and thinking it would be true...Guess I should look at it as snake oil ad's....No I do not look at standard equipment..The add-on is what I'm concerned with..........

Anyway the truck I have (according to Ford Engineer) has the wiring harness for this and it is plug & play......

As far as Ford stepping up I knew they would contrary to the naysayers......

Just like I told the VP of Customer service...Ford hit a home run with this truck.....And I told him even if Ford did not satisfy me on this I would never own a Chevy...Always been a Ford in driveway..Always will be.....

Edited by jam116

If you start at the beginning of this post you will see a copy of Ford's ad stating that it is standard on every diesel....Guess it is incorrect to think if a company makes such a statement that they would not have it as standard equipment......My bad for reading the advertisement and thinking it would be true...Guess I should look at it as snake oil ad's....No I do not look at standard equipment..The add-on is what I'm concerned with..........

Anyway the truck I have (according to Ford Engineer) has the wiring harness for this and it is plug & play......

As far as Ford stepping up I knew they would contrary to the naysayers......

Just like I told the VP of Customer service...Ford hit a home run with this truck.....And I told him even if Ford did not satisfy me on this I would never own a Chevy...Always been a Ford in driveway..Always will be.....

it was NEVER listed as standard equipment...the OPTION code is 60t...there is also a disvclamer on EVERY specification sheet...."subject to change:...you took it for granted....and have to agree with you that things can be mis-construed...however ultimately if I purchase something and then get home and find out it is missing something I thought was on the vehicle...I would look no-where else but the mirror to point the blame....however...I am glad they stepped up for your sake, hope it works as you deem necessary...GREAT truck by the way....

PS.........let me know how it goes...the guy that I asked if it could be retro fitted has an ego the size of several states and prides himself by baffling everyone with useless knowledge....he vehemently said no way.....CROW PIE BABY! and enjoy the truck....sorry if I seemed wary.....some of the lines we get fed by people unable to hold themselves accountable other worldly....