Upset Customer

jam116

PS.........let me know how it goes...the guy that I asked if it could be retro fitted has an ego the size of several states and prides himself by baffling everyone with useless knowledge....he vehemently said no way.....CROW PIE BABY! and enjoy the truck....sorry if I seemed wary.....some of the lines we get fed by people unable to hold themselves accountable other worldly....

They offered to exchange the truck but I have to say I told them I'd rather keep this one..It is a blast to drive....I will post as soon as I get it completed.....

Like I said earlier Ford has hit a home run with this truck....I have gotten my friend into one last week......Man they pull like nothing else I've ever owned....It makes the 2004 6.0 look like a baby...

I know some people will say wel if a new truck was offered I'd take it..

I have my 5th wheel hitch mounted and set up like I wanted it so i did not want to go through all that again....It only has 5K on it....

I think you have a valid point.

"....patented engine torque traction control on all diesel models."

It probably should have said "...traction control available on all diesel models." It sounds like it's a different TC than on other non-diesel models.

The dealership did the right thing IMHO, it's a big pricey vehicle and the few dollars it would take to put in TC is worth it for customer benefit and goodwill. If they weren't able to easily retrofit the TC it would have to be traded in....a bit stickier and costlier!

BTW TC was/is standard on my 05 Mustang GT and it has a easy to see illuminated on/off switch.

I purchased in late May and was surprised to discover that my vehicle does not have the traction control as I was lead to believe from the Ford Ad. I thought this option was automatic and was an unseen computer driven process.

In speaking to others who have the option I discovered there is a button on the dash to disable the option. The traction control is driven by the computer and the only option the driver has is to disable it.

As you can see from Ford’s Ad (highlighted below with web link ) they advertise all diesel trucks to have this option.

Three times you mention this as an option, but you are confused as to why it wasn't standard?

Did you not ask about this feature that you seem to value so much?

Just curious

Three times you mention this as an option, but you are confused as to why it wasn't standard?

Did you not ask about this feature that you seem to value so much?

Just curious

If you read the Ford ad (in my original post) you will see that is indicates it as being on all diesels....Guess correct term would have been "Equipment"....

When the ad stated as it being on all of our trucks I did not see the need to ask such a question......

So when you purchase an item that is advertised as having what you want you ask......When you go to buy Band-Aids with antibiotic added. you ask before you buy it "Does this contain the Antibiotics?...Now I know there is a huge difference in band-aids to a truck but come on give me a break.....Guess since it says in the ad that it has the strongest bolt in the industry attaching the bed...Oh Mr. Salesman I see here the ad says this truck has the strongest bolts attaching the bed to the truck" So does my truck have this equipment....Same as with the truck having a shorter turning radius...Mr. Salesman does my truck also have the ......ect...ect...ect......

If a company puts it in print you should have faith that they mean it...not just a random statement....

• 3 weeks later...
PS.........let me know how it goes...the guy that I asked if it could be retro fitted has an ego the size of several states and prides himself by baffling everyone with useless knowledge....he vehemently said no way.....CROW PIE BABY! and enjoy the truck....sorry if I seemed wary.....some of the lines we get fed by people unable to hold themselves accountable other worldly....

Truck is at Dealers now and they are installing the Traction Control. Should have it back in a few days...Said it might be Monday before they finish it...Will let you know once I get it back if everything functions well......

Hope you had a good Turkey Day...I set up a tent in the living room and me and the granddaughters made us a hiding place and camped out that night.....

Truck is at Dealers now and they are installing the Traction Control. Should have it back in a few days...Said it might be Monday before they finish it...Will let you know once I get it back if everything functions well......

Hope you had a good Turkey Day...I set up a tent in the living room and me and the granddaughters made us a hiding place and camped out that night.....

had a great Turkey day...way too much food...and MAN Turkey makes me wanna sleep....keep me up-dated on the TC...i wa nt to see the look on the "know it alls" face...LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
had a great Turkey day...way too much food...and MAN Turkey makes me wanna sleep....keep me up-dated on the TC...i wa nt to see the look on the "know it alls" face...LOL!

They had a few issues with getting the PCM to accept the flash for the Traction Control...

Once they had that worked out it has worked flawlessely. Had them turn on the day time running lights also while they had it...

Took truck out to a wet grass field and tried to make the rear end spin out in a sharp turn. The traction control took over and I never lost control...Truck tracked very true....It is great...I would never buy another vehicle without this...Hats off to Ford for first making a great truck and also for making me a even more satisifed customer...

Bear in mind I was upset earlier but you never heard me say this truck was bad or not worth the cost...I loved this truck from the time I drove it off the lot.....I did not want a different truck..Was very glad they could add the traction control...Let your friend know they did a great job and the system is flawless!

They had a few issues with getting the PCM to accept the flash for the Traction Control...

Once they had that worked out it has worked flawlessely. Had them turn on the day time running lights also while they had it...

Took truck out to a wet grass field and tried to make the rear end spin out in a sharp turn. The traction control took over and I never lost control...Truck tracked very true....It is great...I would never buy another vehicle without this...Hats off to Ford for first making a great truck and also for making me a even more satisifed customer...

Bear in mind I was upset earlier but you never heard me say this truck was bad or not worth the cost...I loved this truck from the time I drove it off the lot.....I did not want a different truck..Was very glad they could add the traction control...Let your friend know they did a great job and the system is flawless!

Would you be willing to edit your first post t include this information, and clarify that your problem has been solved?

BTW TC was/is standard on my 05 Mustang GT and it has a easy to see illuminated on/off switch.

:redcard: TC was standard on the GT but not on the V6 coupe. I have the coupe and it was an $800 option with ABS. My coupe does not have the TC and ABS because they come as a set and I don't like ABS.

Edited by GreyPony

Would you be willing to edit your first post t include this information, and clarify that your problem has been solved?

I removed it because I was taken care of. If I could kill this thread I would...

The ad I received said that all diesel trucks come with the traction control. After I picked up my truck I discovered it did not have the traction control...Ford installed it for me.