Did We Really Make Fun of the Chinese Crash Test?

BlackHorse

Oh for fucks sake, address that post already Michael Reynolds.

2005Explorer, I've been quite clear, re-read the thread.

The answer is right above your post anyway.

I see your quote. You say at Ford safety is not standard it is optional whenever possible. So I am asking you if that is the case how do they have more 5 star rated vehicles then anyone else??? Why do they build the safest full size car in America??? That crap you just can't make up. It is documented...it is fact...

Small pickups...and ALL small pickups have a higher Passenger Vehicle Occupant Fatality rate then full-size trucks and passenger cars. It goes along with being a compact truck. As other compacts have became larger and closer to full-size the rates have gone down. It does not mean it is a death trap. The Pinto was a death trap...the Bronco II was a death trap. The Ranger is not.

Ford has been guilty of selling vehicles that were less then safe in the past...however name one company that has never had any safety issues??? All have had recalls...all of had some kinds of issues. Jeeps that rollover....S10 Blazer....4-Runners that were unstable...Troopers that lifted wheels and almost flipped during testing....on and on and on....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already addressed that, several times.

If you would only read the thread again closely, you would realize it's true.

BTW, I'm not buying the "Well it's a truck... DUH" speech, the list would be full of trucks and ties then.

Edited by pcsario

I've already addressed that, several times.

If you would only read the thread again closely, you would realize it's true.

It is your OPINION that lawsuits made them make safer vehicles. That is OPINION. You can't back it up.

It is FACT that the Ford Motor Company makes more 5 star rated vehicles today then any other car company in America. That is FACT. You are trying to assert your opinion as fact.

I'm done with this stupid thread because you won't listen to anyone except that little voice inside your head.

"BTW, most if not all the things you listed came AFTER public events & lawsuits."

Yeah Michael, how could I ever doubt your claims that Ford is the Captain America of safety.

2005Explorer:

You can't deny Ford's improvements only came after their purchase of Volvo, and strong public pressure after several scandals, so spare me the "it's not a fact" lecture. They had no other choice but to do something drastic, that didn't come out of the kindness of their heart.

One only needs to look at the FACT they still keep selling the Ranger, to render any claims about how much they care about human life null.

Edited by pcsario

I am confident in the safety of my vehicle every time I drive it. It has AdvanceTrac with RSC, Side Canopy airbags, Personal Safety System, ABS, tire pressure monitoring system and it received a good rating on the offset iihs crash test...Oh by the way...It is a Ford...

What is the list of safety equipment on your car?

2005Explorer:

You can't deny Ford's improvements only came after their purchase of Volvo and several scandals, so spare me the "it's not a fact" lecture.

One only needs to look at the FACT they still keep selling the Ranger, to render any claims about how much they care about human life null.

Again if you are so concerned about safety what safety features are on your car???

So Ford improved...are you saying is was wrong for them to improve??? Everyone improved over the years. EVERYONE. Was it lawsuits that made every car company improve their safety or just Ford?

Answer that one.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Reading a thread with pc posting is kinda like having a morbid fascination with looking at the carnage of a car accident on the highway. You know you shouldn't look. You know that none of it will make sense, and that you may get angry, or sad, just by looking. Yet you look anyway.

His posts go in so many circles, and make so little sense................. that I feel I have to read them.............. to try to make sense of them. Then I get up from my computer shaking my head that I just wasted my time reading the stupidity.

Is this a real person??? Do real people really think like this??? If so, how very sad. PC, condoms are your friend.

So Ford improved...are you saying is was wrong for them to improve??? Everyone improved over the years. EVERYONE. Was it lawsuits that made every car company improve their safety or just Ford?

Answer that one.

Come on pc...I see I made it on your fan club list!!! WOO HOO...

Now answer that question.

I'm saying it's disgusting that they kept selling old vehicles for so long due to greed, fully aware of their deathtrap status.

I'm saying I don't see any tangible evidence of change due to genuine concern for their customers lives, not because of PR or lawsuits.

I'm saying the fact the Sport Trac, Ranger, and old F150 were sold for so long, speaks volumes about their true feelings about this. It's quite telling. Seems it took the arrival of Mark and Alan to change Ford NA's true philosophy on the subject. What other car company kept selling 8, 10+ year old vehicles as "new"?

Anyway, I even complimented the Taurus on the first page, asking White99GT if he would also buy an old F150 over it... he still hasn't answered that one, because it would make his stance questionable. The structure and engineering is equally as important as the overall mass of a vehicle, which doesn't guarantee safety by itself.

Edited by pcsario

Anyway, I even complimented the Taurus on the first page, asking White99GT if he would also buy an old F150 over it... he still hasn't answered that one, because it would make his stance questionable. The structure and engineering is equally as important as the overall mass of a vehicle, which doesn't guarantee safety by itself.

I missed that question. To answer you, no I would not buy a previous generation F150 Supercab over a Taurus as a daily driver. I fail to see how that makes my stance questionable -- the Taurus is a nearly 4,000 lb. full size car with exceptional crash scores all around while the Mini is little more than an enclosed go-kart.

Pscario, now I have a question for you. You have the choice to drive either a 2006 Mini Cooper or a 1997 F150 Supercab with with the knowledge that you are going to be in an unavoidable 40+ mph head-on collision with the vehicle you do not choose, are you getting behind the wheel of the Mini or the F150? :reading:

Edited by White99GT

Reading a thread with pc posting is kinda like having a morbid fascination with looking at the carnage of a car accident on the highway. You know you shouldn't look. You know that none of it will make sense, and that you may get angry, or sad, just by looking. Yet you look anyway.

His posts go in so many circles, and make so little sense................. that I feel I have to read them.............. to try to make sense of them. Then I get up from my computer shaking my head that I just wasted my time reading the stupidity.

Is this a real person??? Do real people really think like this??? If so, how very sad. PC, condoms are your friend.

About 10 years ago I posted and followed a computer forum on Yahoo. There was this one guy that had a way of speaking nonsense broken English that just killed most of us on the forum. He was amazingly funny to read. Most of the time you could not understand what he was trying to say until you had finished reading his entire post. Like he left out every 4th word or something and used like words but not the right words. People tried to copy him but just could not equal his skill. He was so funny to read.

Maybe that is PC.

Pscario, now I have a question for you. You have the choice to drive either a 2006 Mini Cooper or a 1997 F150 Supercab with with the knowledge that you are going to be in an unavoidable 40+ mph head-on collision with the vehicle you do not choose, are you getting behind the wheel of the Mini or the F150? :reading:

I got $10 this goes unanswered...

What I don't get is why pcsario continues trying to tell us how terrible older Fords are, and how unsafe they are. Who cares? Do you care? Do I care? Does it matter?

Ford isn't designing or selling their old cars. What is Ford to do about cars that are already on the road? Is Ford supposed to recall every vehicle and give every owner a new chassis? You can only IMPROVE your future products, you can't improve what's already been sold. So respectfully I ask, what exactly is your intent here?

pcsario, do you REALLY care if we want to drive a car that is supposedly unsafe? Somehow I don't see "altruistic" as a descriptor on your resume --- so it seems like you're here just to stir up controversy.

Edited by SVT_MAN

The Ranger meets all US safety standards, if not exceeding them. So did that F-150 Supercab. Otherwise they could have never been sold. So to call them death traps is rediculus. Even if all vehilces today got 5 star ratings, their would still statistically be cars at the bottom of a safety list that could be termed "most dangerous cars" even though they were rather safe vehicles.

People who want to purchase a vehicle that goes way above and beyond the current NHSTA standards are free to shop for such a vehicle based off of IIHS testing.

"After purchasing Volvo" keeps getting chicked in here too. Doesn't the purchase of Volvo for their safety record show that Ford cares? It isn't like Volvo purchased Ford and then things changed.

That first super cab was not the best design, but it still passed the tests to be sold here. an embarrassing picture for sure which has now been corrected. Shall see how long it takes the Chinese to do the same.

I got $10 this goes unanswered...

All this crash testing is rubbish, l remember about 15 years ago seeing the aftermath of a head on crash between a Mini & Ford Granada both doing about 35 MPH. Mini driver died he ended up with the engine sitting on his lap, the Granada driver had his chrome bumper pushed back into the radiator, he got out a bit shocked suffering with just whiplash. Having airbags fitted to the mini gets it lots of points in safety test, but in the real world won't stop an heavy old Ford Granada pushing a engine on to your lap.

Fiats 500 are the same it has got 9 airbags that will give it top ratings by NCAP (European crash tests). You might have a lot of air bags but l would not like to be between two F-150s in a crash in a Fiat 500, maybe we should use Psario as a crash test dummy in Mini in a real world crash scenario between two F-150s.

Everyone's favorite british auto show did a test of a SMART (I think it was basically the for2 or something) hitting a concrete barrier at around 80-100 kph. The structural cage managed to keep its shape and there was, except for the footwell, minimal cabin intrusion in the driver's area. The entire front of the car was obliterated trying to discipate the crash energy. The Pasenger door was still openable.

The problem was, the sudden deceleration was so severe that the human occupant would not have survived, even with more airbags. The human body can't stand the g force spike that the deceleration would have brought with it.

The idea for the bigger cars is crush space. It's not that your 6000 lb land yaht will make other cars bounce off of it, it's that its got at least a yard and a half front and back to absorb and discipate crash forces before they get to the passenger cabin. Car weight does impact hitting immovable and non-deformable barriers as the crush zones must discipate the car's considerable kinetic energy. But, when hitting another vehicle, those large crush zones most certainly can be the difference between life and death.

Here's an idea: instead of posting all crash test videos and lists of most dangerous vehicles, how about some real data concerning the fatality rates for those involved in actual collisions with these vehicles? I can't believe that somewhere someone hasn't compiled that type of information.