2009 Dodge Journey

mkizlvr

IMHO, the windows/doors look cheap and awkward. The relief in the A-pillar and the roof for the doors looks awkward, adding visual clutter with the windows' shadow lines because of the cheap door frames and non-flush positioning. They try to minimize this by painting the B-pillar black. The relief in the doors is to get a bigger door opening, but you have to wonder if it's worth the cost.

journey1.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's an even better idea?

An armrest refrigerator that doesn't need to be packed with ice.

http://media.ford.com/products/presskit_di...&make_id=92

Sorry, it's not a better idea when it costs you $800 for the privilege. For the amount of use that fridge would actually get... I'll take the $50 upgrade of otherwise wasted empty space any day.

Now what Ford COULD do... is have a bin or whatever.... outfitted cooler-style (you provide the ice) for cheap bastards like me. THEN, they upgrade said bin with the fridge workings for people who want to drop the coin. That way they still offer something for everyone with the same interior tooling, keeping costs down.

But that's so easy and obvious, they probably can't do it :doh:

Sorry, it's not a better idea when it costs you $800 for the privilege. For the amount of use that fridge would actually get... I'll take the $50 upgrade of otherwise wasted empty space any day.

Now what Ford COULD do... is have a bin or whatever.... outfitted cooler-style (you provide the ice) for cheap bastards like me. THEN, they upgrade said bin with the fridge workings for people who want to drop the coin. That way they still offer something for everyone with the same interior tooling, keeping costs down.

But that's so easy and obvious, they probably can't do it :doh:

Does the Ford version continuously chill when the vehicle is off?

I don't see how it could. That would drain the battery almost instantly as soon as the compressor kicked on. It's likely insulated a heck of a lot better than the glove box of a Dodge though. :hysterical:

That's what I kinda figured, but wasn't sure.

For the record, the ChillZone is not a fridge it just keeps things that are already cold, cold. Don't go sticking a warm pop (yes I'm from Michigan) in there and expect it to get cold.

I don't see how it could. That would drain the battery almost instantly as soon as the compressor kicked on. It's likely insulated a heck of a lot better than the glove box of a Dodge though. :hysterical:

+1 for the ice-cooler.

Although the fridge insulation should theoretically retain the cold air long enough to have the same sustaining chill effect - without melting ice. In that case it could be a draw.

If Ford wants to portray the Flex as the "ultimate FLEXible road-trip vehicle": IF they offered the choice of a fridge or cooler... they should make the cooler insert removable. Perfect to take to the beach plot or campfire or whatever. That would be an awesome feature; one befitting the positioning of the vehicle, AND one they could trump over their competitors. Shouldn't cost too much more to do this.

Nice to see Dodge come out with a Freestyle/Taurus X of their own. Ford been a trend-setter? No import lover would believe it! Sorry if this has been covered already, I'm late to the party as usual.

So, does this mean sliding doors are out and the Station Wagon style is in? I realize the practicality of the doors but there's a generation of buyers who grew up in minivans who don't want their folks car. Just MHO.

Nice to see Dodge come out with a Freestyle/Taurus X of their own. Ford been a trend-setter? No import lover would believe it! Sorry if this has been covered already, I'm late to the party as usual.

So, does this mean sliding doors are out and the Station Wagon style is in? I realize the practicality of the doors but there's a generation of buyers who grew up in minivans who don't want their folks car. Just MHO.

Well to be fair, remember (Chrysler) already has had one for the past 4-5 years in the Pacifica.