OH MY JESUS!!! MY EYES BURN!!!!!!!

NightHawk150

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, PLEASE tell me this is just a photo chop, that this is just a a sick joke. I think i'm going to passout. Oh my Jesus, i really need to sit down.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109221#2

Ugh, you beat me to it. I really like the new Expy front-end, but this thing looks TERRIBLE from the front. Everything else is a big improvement - the rear, the interior, even the headlights. But that grille is HIDEOUS! I can only hope that this is one of those times when the pictures look bad but in person it looks great, but I can't convince myself of that right now.

Okay, that is one ugly mother of a grille.

But what makes it worse is that the pics are all photochops. I mean that's the production vehicle, and those are Ford images.

But the front end is totally photo-chopped. Those are not in-situ shots. The grille looks like it is not part of the vehicle at all. It will look bad in person, I'm sure, but not this bad.

Yowsa! That is one messed-up puss. Are they kidding?! Instead of looking more streamlined and sleek, the Navi's looking more like an aging drag queen with too much jewelry and clothes that don't fit (plus some bad plastic surgery). Between this and the Explorer, Ford's suv design is going way down the ugly road. The new Escalade is looking better and better....

I like it...I'd replace our '01 'gator with one. I really like the headlights and taillights. I think it looks a lot better than the Escalade...which the '07 looks really frumpy, now that they've taken away most of the creases in the exterior.

Lincoln, with these new auto show releases, finally takes a step in some direction (be it good or bad, is subjective) with their identity. For the people who over criticize...I guess if you like the Lincolns that look like simplistic globular masses of metal, which reflects an introvert-like luxury company, too afraid to go in any direction...then just keep buying the Lincoln Town Car. For this though...it looks like Lincoln has finally grown a set...

...and judging by that grille, a hairy set at that.

I think I'm going to need time to make a rational decision on this. I need to see it in person, see it coming at me down the road, see it from all angles. I do think these photos are real, they don't look chopped, especially the one that looks like the navi's driving along the desert road. Just breathe . . . just breathe . . . in and out . . . . in and out . . .

I have to say, my hopes for Lincoln have just crashed. This is absolutely disasterous and an indication that there is serious management problems behind the brand. I'm actually disturbed by what I'm seeing with this, it's like a big joke! What's going on at Ford? Who knows, maybe this will register with the right people and Ford will prove us all wrong. But I seriously doubt this will suceed and Lincoln will be spending millions trying to fix it quickly. Both the Navigator and Expedition updates are grotesque to the extreme.

I'm surprised they are still calling it the Navigator after they rushed to rename the Zephyr.

I think I'm going to need time to make a rational decision on this. I need to see it in person, see it coming at me down the road, see it from all angles. I do think these photos are real, they don't look chopped, especially the one that looks like the navi's driving along the desert road. Just breathe . . . just breathe . . . in and out . . . . in and out . . .

They're chopped, trust me. You can mask an image on a surface and obtain a reflection like you have on the side of that "driving through the desert" pic, likewise you can add light sources that create the colors reflected in the grille of the Nav in the same pic.

Tell-tale sign it's a chop: the hotspot in the grille that would require a diffusion screen bigger than the Navigator itself off the frame to the left. Otherwise you've got this bright spot on a part of the vehicle that's in the shade. A diffusion screen of that size would affect the shadow cast by the vehicle, and there is no change.

Also reflection of the rims on sunfaded asphalt? I don't think so.

The bottom two pics are studio shots of the real McCoy. The top two have been heavily edited.

I have to say, my hopes for Lincoln have just crashed. This is absolutely disasterous and an indication that there is serious management problems behind the brand. I'm actually disturbed by what I'm seeing with this, it's like a big joke! What's going on at Ford? Who knows, maybe this will register with the right people and Ford will prove us all wrong. But I seriously doubt this will suceed and Lincoln will be spending millions trying to fix it quickly. Both the Navigator and Expedition updates are grotesque to the extreme.

I'm surprised they are still calling it the Navigator after they rushed to rename the Zephyr.

1) Take a 'chill pill'

2) Your taste in design is hardly in sync with the public at large

3) The Zep is a new name and the Navigator is established, hence keeping the Navi, dropping the Zep. "Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of simple minds"

4) I think the interior looks darn cool, and it's leaps and bounds better than the Escalade.

Besides, we both thought the Zep would be a flop from the get go, and it looks like anything but so far.

The headlights are cool. The rest of the front end looks like its trying to smile. With braces on. I can't imagine anyone getting a gallon of bug and tar remover to get all that grillwork clean....or gold plate it for that matter.

Compared to the Escalade, call the interior a tie, an edge to the Lincoln with the fold down seats, but big props to the Caddy with the 403HP motor and the exterior styling.

They're chopped, trust me. You can mask an image on a surface and obtain a reflection like you have on the side of that "driving through the desert" pic, likewise you can add light sources that create the colors reflected in the grille of the Nav in the same pic.

Tell-tale sign it's a chop: the hotspot in the grille that would require a diffusion screen bigger than the Navigator itself off the frame to the left. Otherwise you've got this bright spot on a part of the vehicle that's in the shade. A diffusion screen of that size would affect the shadow cast by the vehicle, and there is no change.

Also reflection of the rims on sunfaded asphalt? I don't think so.

The bottom two pics are studio shots of the real McCoy. The top two have been heavily edited.

1) Take a 'chill pill'

2) Your taste in design is hardly in sync with the public at large

3) The Zep is a new name and the Navigator is established, hence keeping the Navi, dropping the Zep. "Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of simple minds"

4) I think the interior looks darn cool, and it's leaps and bounds better than the Escalade.

Besides, we both thought the Zep would be a flop from the get go, and it looks like anything but so far.

I have to disagree that the 2nd picture is photo chopped, I took a close look at it and I see no tale-tale signs that it is chopped. The 1st picture is absolutely chopped and I thought for sure it was faked or 'extrapolated' by an amateur. But alas, it's not entirely fake.

I'm surprised the interior picture doesn't have a Navigation system; otherwise the interior is suitable for the Navigator.

I got over my chill pill addiction a few months ago; I'm not turning back over this!

After giving it more time to breath, the grille isn’t so bad. I’ve seen the thing in person and although it was blackened and partially obscured, it didn’t look this wacky.

As for the other remarks, I try not to get personal in here.

Edited by BORG

I have to disagree that the 2nd picture is photochoped, I took a close look at it and I see no tale-tale signs that it is choped.

Cast of the light on the grille and the reflection of the rims on the road are totally off. One is unexplainable (absent a large diffusion screen) the other is impossible.

Most in-motion press shots are fakes. There's just too little control over the environment.

And, yeah, you may speak as one of the Lincoln buyers of the world, but they're already axing your favoite product, and you have had little good to say about their new offerings.

I mean, I think this Navigator grille is ugly. But geez, to extrapolate from that grille, a failure at every level of Lincoln? Methinks you need to self-medicate, if not with 'chill pills' than with some other downer. I mean, yeah, you've got this, well, loud, grille (actual loudness to be determined by seeing vehicle on location), but you've got an awesome interior, a nice clean side profile, neat headlights, and the upcoming Zephyr redux (looking even more competitive) and the Mark X.

But that grille 'collapses' your faith in Lincoln? Woweee. Perhaps you could take a couple Benadryls. Or Valiums. Or a tumbler of 18 year old Scotch, neat (just don't try all three at once).

Cast of the light on the grille and the reflection of the rims on the road are totally off. One is unexplainable (absent a large diffusion screen) the other is impossible.

Most in-motion press shots are fakes. There's just too little control over the environment.

And, yeah, you may speak as one of the Lincoln buyers of the world, but they're already axing your favoite product, and you have had little good to say about their new offerings.

I mean, I think this Navigator grille is ugly. But geez, to extrapolate from that grille, a failure at every level of Lincoln? Methinks you need to self-medicate, if not with 'chill pills' than with some other downer. I mean, yeah, you've got this, well, loud, grille (actual loudness to be determined by seeing vehicle on location), but you've got an awesome interior, a nice clean side profile, neat headlights, and the upcoming Zephyr redux (looking even more competitive) and the Mark X.

But that grille 'collapses' your faith in Lincoln? Woweee. Perhaps you could take a couple Benadryls. Or Valiums. Or a tumbler of 18 year old Scotch, neat (just don't try all three at once).

OK, I agree the vehicle was choped into the picture, but the 1st picture is assembled from badly chopped elements of the vehicle. The 2nd picture is a complete vehicle under decent light conditions without the need for too many unnatural enhancements. I will work on finding some higher-res photos.

And I have said good things about the MkZ today. I even said it has nearly everything I wanted in my next car. Depending on the value, some version of the Zephyr will likely be my LS replacement no matter how much I complain about it now. I'm just making conversation and debate, it's just my way of provoking positive feedback. If you see me in the GM forums, my tone switches because the audience there is totally the opposite. You wouldn't believe I'm the same person ;)

Edited by BORG