Body Style

Guest Sixcav

This is my first posting on this website and I felt compelled to say something because I personally own a Ford Mustang and I think they make great products. I don't want to see this American icon of a company go away so I felt I should toss in my two cents about somethng they do that really bothers me. Who the heck is doing the body design for your sedans? The Fusion and 500 are both great cars and could be very big players in the 4 door sedan market. Just one problem as I see it. THE FRONT END OF BOTH CARS IS GOD AWFUL UGLY!!!! Who decided that headlamps needed to come to and end half way up the hood? I hate to point out how the competition is doing it better guys, but take a look at the front end of most of the european and many of the Japanesse Sedans. Now I know that Maxima is doing the same thing with the headlamps and some Honda stuff, but take a look at the Acura stuff. Get some styling cues from them because they have some of the best looking cars on the road. These odd shapped headlamps that protrued up into the hood area just ruin the whole look of the car. They look like a car thats been scalped. And please dear God don't go back to that last generation of the Taurus either. That thing looked like a stretched VW bug. If you would just take some styling cues from Acura, BMW, heck even your own Volvo with respect to how headlamps should flow into the front of a car you would sell metric tons of the Fusion and 500. And please don't come back at me with "Well our demographics tell us this." or "Our sales numbers are such and such with the current styling." The front end is of these cars is ugly, a blind man can see that. I want you to be a dominant force in the auto industry. I want the American auto industry as a whole to start kicking tail again. But you have to have cars that people are attracted to or it wont matter that you can get a Ford to last 200 or 300 thousand miles. Anyway, that's just my two cents. Maybe I'm way off. What do you guys think.

Edited by Sixcav

Like thie guys!!!!!

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/views/exterior.asp

This is your own Ford Falcon that you sell in Australia. A beautiful car, great styling, even V8 power plant option. In fact the entire line up of Ford sedans down under is far more appealing than their American cousins. Hello!! The Falcon here in the states would bury the Fusion and Five Hundred for sales numbers. Come on guys, right idea, wrong country. Not that the Aussies have a bad country, its a wonderful country. They sure has heck have better Fords than we do!!!

Like thie guys!!!!!

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/views/exterior.asp

This is your own Ford Falcon that you sell in Australia. A beautiful car, great styling, even V8 power plant option. In fact the entire line up of Ford sedans down under is far more appealing than their American cousins. Hello!! The Falcon here in the states would bury the Fusion and Five Hundred for sales numbers. Come on guys, right idea, wrong country. Not that the Aussies have a bad country, its a wonderful country. They sure has heck have better Fords than we do!!!

Except that the Falcon, on average, costs about 8-9 grand more than the Fusion. Not going to happen. The Five Hundred also trumps the Falcon in size at a lower price point.

If you ask me, the Falcon looks VERY dated. Ford's on the right track with the Fusion.

The Falcon does not look "dated". I don't know where you got that from. It has a far more appealing body design than does the Fusion. "Dated" sounds like the excuse some design engineer would use to justify why he had to come up with something fresh and innovative and as an end result just created something new and ugly. The Fusion looks fine from the side and rear angles, but from the front, it is a world class disaster. With respect to the room inside the 500, if that was such a huge consideration for buyers out there, then why are they still selling Altimas, Camrys and Accords like theres no tomorrow? That is simply missing the mark of what the vast majority of buyers are looking for. A small percentage of buyers (very very small) will buy a sedan with the number 1 criteria being interior room. But face it, if you have to choose between a roomy but ugly Ford sedan or a slightly less roomy but far more attractive Acura, or Nissan, the vast majority of buyers will not buy the roomy Ford. As evidence I offer up the fact that you can drive around and see many many more Acura, Nissan and Honda sedans on the road than you do Ford sedans. Ford makes a great truck in the F150, one of the most reliable and best looking, and the Mustang is a success. But their sedans languish, and they have for some time now. Remember the Contour? If you don't its because it was only around for a couple years, and it was ugly. The Taurus was doing fine, until they decided to put VW bug headlamps on it. They made it ugly and guess what, people quit buying it. If the Taurus was still selling well Ford wouldn't be making such a big deal about the Fusion and 500. As for the Crown Vic, if it wasn't for police department's that thing would have been gone years ago. It's an abosulte rarity to see someone driving a Crown Vic that doesn't have a light bar on it.

The reality of it is that when people buy cars the appearance of the car plays a huge factor. Nobody wants to drive and ugly vehicle. Ford in this country has got to realize this or they will not be dominate again.

The Falcon does not look "dated". I don't know where you got that from. It has a far more appealing body design than does the Fusion. "Dated" sounds like the excuse some design engineer would use to justify why he had to come up with something fresh and innovative and as an end result just created something new and ugly.

I like the Falcon, but I have to agree, it looks dated. It looks like a four door version of the 95 Mustang. If Ford were to release a version here it would have to look different. Do you think the GTO looks modern?

I thought that Falcon was cool when I first saw it too, but now... Other than the cool headlights it is a dull design that's past its prime. It looks as modern as the 1992 Taurus. I like the power, the RWD and most other things about it on paper (I've never seen one in person so I can't comment on how well it drives), but that style probably should be kicked to the curb.

Let me see if I have this right. Ford releases a retro-styled Mustang that looks for all the world like a slightly modernized late 60's fastback, and that's ok, that's not dated? BMW has been using the same styling cues on their cars, particularly the front end, for decades. But that's ok, that's not dated. Pontiac has been using their same front end styling cues since the 1980's, and that's ok, not dated. Dodge has realized so much success with the front end styling cues of their Dodge truck that was redesigned in the mid 90's that now they put those same styling cues on their passenger cars. But that's ok, that's not dated. But God forbid that Ford should have some tasteful front headlamps that kinds sorta halfway if you look at it from a certain angle kinda maybe reminds you of an older model Taurus, or an mid 90's Mustang depending on who you read here. That's just not acceptable right? That's dated. That's bad. For the record, dated or not, the Falcon along with the rest of the line up of cars down under look better, far better, than what they sell here. I don't care what looks dated, I care what looks good and will sell. If "dated" was such a bad thing then they wouldn't be selling Mustangs faster than ice water in hell would they? Now don't get me wrong, I love the new Mustang, so much so that I bought one. Also I am not suggesting that Ford directly import the Falcon or Futura as is and sell them here. What I am suggesting is that they look to this kind of design as an idea for how the Fusion should look if they want it to sell. The fact of the matter is that the front end of the Fusion and 500 are just not attractive. In all of the replies that have been posted here I notice that nobody has come out and said "Hey, the front end of the Fusion and 500 is gorgeous, leave them alone." :lol: Of course now somebody will just to be spiteful. I think we got a little off track with this Falcon thing. I am not suggesting that Ford put Falcons on a boat, bring them here and sell them. I am suggesting that if Ford can make a sedan down under with a tasteful and attractive design, maybe they could do it here.

Edited by Sixcav

Let me see if I have this right. Ford releases a retro-styled Mustang that looks for all the world like a slightly modernized late 60's fastback, and that's ok, that's not dated? BMW has been using the same styling cues on their cars, particularly the front end, for decades. But that's ok, that's not dated. Pontiac has been using their same front end styling cues since the 1980's, and that's ok, not dated. Dodge has realized so much success with the front end styling cues of their Dodge truck that was redesigned in the mid 90's that now they put those same styling cues on their passenger cars. But that's ok, that's not dated. But God forbid that Ford should have some tasteful front headlamps that kinds sorta halfway if you look at it from a certain angle kinda maybe reminds you of an older model Taurus, or an mid 90's Mustang depending on who you read here. That's just not acceptable right? That's dated. That's bad. For the record, dated or not, the Falcon along with the rest of the line up of cars down under look better, far better, than what they sell here. I don't care what looks dated, I care what looks good and will sell. If "dated" was such a bad thing then they wouldn't be selling Mustangs faster than ice water in hell would they? Now don't get me wrong, I love the new Mustang, so much so that I bought one. Also I am not suggesting that Ford directly import the Falcon or Futura as is and sell them here. What I am suggesting is that they look to this kind of design as an idea for how the Fusion should look if they want it to sell. The fact of the matter is that the front end of the Fusion and 500 are just not attractive. In all of the replies that have been posted here I notice that nobody has come out and said "Hey, the front end of the Fusion and 500 is gorgeous, leave them alone." :lol: Of course now somebody will just to be spiteful. I think we got a little off track with this Falcon thing. I am not suggesting that Ford put Falcons on a boat, bring them here and sell them. I am suggesting that if Ford can make a sedan down under with a tasteful and attractive design, maybe they could do it here.

The difference is the Mustang was INTENTIONALLY made to look dated. And frankly, it was DATED back to an era when overall vehicle styling was very bold, dynamic, and attractive. The Falcon looks DATED simply because Ford doesn't feel like redesigning it. The Falcon's design also fits NOWHERE in Ford's North American lineup style-wise, which is a problem. Ford has had off-the-wall, incohesive designs in North America for far too long. It's good to see them finally taking one styling direction across the entire lineup.

Your complaints about the Fusion are also rather moot. It's the same size as the Camry and Altima you mentioned before. And Acura?? How do they even come into it? I'm sure the Fusion is already outselling every Acura sedan on the market. Most reviews of the Fusion have been very receptive to its styling. You're in the minority on that one. The Five Hundred also obviously has an audience. Ford sold over 100,000 of them last year.

You also completely SKIPPED over my main point about why the Falcon would FAIL here: PRICE. There's simply NO WAY Ford could offer it here at the necessary price point and be able to sell them at a profitable rate. You DO realize that 5.4 DOHC Falcon exceeds $40,000 in price, right? No American is going to pay that for a sedan with a blue oval on the trunk.

Now, reskin the Falcon completely and maybe sell it as a Lincoln....THAT'S another story. But still unlikely, as the Falcon's platform is older than sin and in desperate need a complete replacement.

Edited by NickF1011

It's good to see them finally taking one styling direction across the entire lineup.

I hope it works, and hope everyone else loves it enough to buy it- to me, I miss the days when different models looked a bit more different...maybe the tri-bar grille will grow on me in time, but so far it just doesnt look 'great' to me on any model.

Can anyone at Ford picture a tri-bar grille and lights that 'hook' up into hoodline on a mustang???I hope not. I think most folks would say the mustang would look better with a different style(current), wouldnt that make it safe to say other models might look better too? I dunno, but 'across the board styling constraints' I personally feel might not be for everyone...but then again, I guess marketing shoots for 'average' targets, so eventually most new cars will look the same from a distance...oops- were here already :)

Come on bud, we're hung up on this Ford Falcon thing. Read the whole post please, not just the part you want to read. Here it goes.

I am not suggesting that Ford put Falcons on a boat, bring them here and sell them. I am suggesting that if Ford can make a sedan down under with a tasteful and attractive design, maybe they could do it here.

Again, I don't care what looks dated, I care what looks good and is going to sell well. And if the Ford 500 was it then you wouldn't have the following news clipping from the AP dated January 4, 2006.

Japanese automakers Toyota Motor Corp. and Nissan Motor Co. and South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Co. all reported sales increases of 9 percent or more for the year. Toyota, whose U.S. sales were up 10 percent over 2004, said its Camry sedan was the best-selling car in the United States for the fourth year in a row, while its Lexus nameplate was the best-selling luxury brand.

So 100,000 cars or not, they still aren't outselling the competition, because it's ugly. Theres 150 million potential buyers in the US, it stands to reason that 100 thousand of them would have bad taste. lol Ok that last shot was uncalled for. But seriously, I'm not sitting here saying that Ford should make a car that looks just like the Acura, or just like the BMW. What I am saying is that they should take a look at cars like that for front end styling ideas, because frankly they missed the mark on it. Missed it badly. This whole dated issue is of no concern to me. It's a car, its a rectangle with a box in the middle and style wise there's only so much you can do with that and still have it appealing to the eye. You have to wonder how much Toyota and Nissans sales numbers would be up if Ford and GM hadn't been offering huge discounts on their stuff. Bottom line, the front of these two cars is ugly and they need to look at some other attractive style designs for ideas about how to make it look better. Until they do that, Toyota is going to be kicking their butt with the Camry. Among others. You want to test your theory about how well the 500 sells, drive through any apartment complex parking lot and count up the number of Honda, Nissan and Toyota cars there are and then how many Ford, Linclon and Mercury cars there are. Guess who's going to have more? Do the same at any mall parking lot, movie theater or sports stadium, you'll find the same thing. Heck just pay attention in traffic for that matter. I'm not here to bash Ford by any means. In fact I like both of these cars with respect to option content, how they drive, and even the side and rear body styling. The six speed automatic on the 500 is awesome, very smooth. But the fact is the front end of these cars is not attractive, its hurting their sales, and they need to redesign it. Do you think the brand new Lincoln Zeypher looks dated? It looks an awful lot like the Falcon with a couple lines here and there pushed in a different direction. Nice looking car. To me anyway.

Come on bud, we're hung up on this Ford Falcon thing. Read the whole post please, not just the part you want to read. Here it goes.

I am not suggesting that Ford put Falcons on a boat, bring them here and sell them. I am suggesting that if Ford can make a sedan down under with a tasteful and attractive design, maybe they could do it here.

Again, I don't care what looks dated, I care what looks good and is going to sell well. And if the Ford 500 was it then you wouldn't have the following news clipping from the AP dated January 4, 2006.

Japanese automakers Toyota Motor Corp. and Nissan Motor Co. and South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Co. all reported sales increases of 9 percent or more for the year. Toyota, whose U.S. sales were up 10 percent over 2004, said its Camry sedan was the best-selling car in the United States for the fourth year in a row, while its Lexus nameplate was the best-selling luxury brand.

So 100,000 cars or not, they still aren't outselling the competition, because it's ugly. Theres 150 million potential buyers in the US, it stands to reason that 100 thousand of them would have bad taste. lol Ok that last shot was uncalled for. But seriously, I'm not sitting here saying that Ford should make a car that looks just like the Acura, or just like the BMW. What I am saying is that they should take a look at cars like that for front end styling ideas, because frankly they missed the mark on it. Missed it badly. This whole dated issue is of no concern to me. It's a car, its a rectangle with a box in the middle and style wise there's only so much you can do with that and still have it appealing to the eye. You have to wonder how much Toyota and Nissans sales numbers would be up if Ford and GM hadn't been offering huge discounts on their stuff. Bottom line, the front of these two cars is ugly and they need to look at some other attractive style designs for ideas about how to make it look better. Until they do that, Toyota is going to be kicking their butt with the Camry. Among others. You want to test your theory about how well the 500 sells, drive through any apartment complex parking lot and count up the number of Honda, Nissan and Toyota cars there are and then how many Ford, Linclon and Mercury cars there are. Guess who's going to have more? Do the same at any mall parking lot, movie theater or sports stadium, you'll find the same thing. Heck just pay attention in traffic for that matter. I'm not here to bash Ford by any means. In fact I like both of these cars with respect to option content, how they drive, and even the side and rear body styling. The six speed automatic on the 500 is awesome, very smooth. But the fact is the front end of these cars is not attractive, its hurting their sales, and they need to redesign it. Do you think the brand new Lincoln Zeypher looks dated? It looks an awful lot like the Falcon with a couple lines here and there pushed in a different direction. Nice looking car. To me anyway.

Once again you completely skipped over the PRICE ISSUE. :lol:

Oh man, this has become a battle of wits with an unarmed idiot. You are suggesting that if Ford does a redesign of the front end of the Fusion and 500 that the cars will then cost over 40,000 dollars? That's just stupid. I tried being nice with you bud. But at some point you gotta call a stupid man what he is. Pay attention. I did not say, sell Falcons here as is. I said, redesign the front of the Fusion and 500 and look to cars like the Falcon, BMW, Acura and so on as ideas for what looks good. That's it, that's the whole point of it. You are for some reason just all hung up on how much a Falcon would cost. It has nothing to do with this. Changing the front end look of these cars is not going to make them more expensive. It's a front clip you moron. You supplant one for the other. You can redesign a front clip and still have it bolt to the orginial hard points. It's not that tough. They do it all the time to variate the look of cars a little. Are you even reading these posts or are you just stuck on stupid?

Oh man, this has become a battle of wits with an unarmed idiot. You are suggesting that if Ford does a redesign of the front end of the Fusion and 500 that the cars will then cost over 40,000 dollars? That's just stupid. I tried being nice with you bud. But at some point you gotta call a stupid man what he is. Pay attention. I did not say, sell Falcons here as is. I said, redesign the front of the Fusion and 500 and look to cars like the Falcon, BMW, Acura and so on as ideas for what looks good. That's it, that's the whole point of it. You are for some reason just all hung up on how much a Falcon would cost. It has nothing to do with this. Changing the front end look of these cars is not going to make them more expensive. It's a front clip you moron. You supplant one for the other. You can redesign a front clip and still have it bolt to the orginial hard points. It's not that tough. They do it all the time to variate the look of cars a little. Are you even reading these posts or are you just stuck on stupid?

You're still in the vast minority who thinks the Falcon looks "fresh" though. That's the entire problem with your argument. That look would land in the U.S. market with the same excitement as the Five Hundred -- with a quiet thud. The Fusion has gotten solid praise for its appearance. Though a bit polarizing, it's certainly unique....something that would NOT be the case if Ford immitated the Japanese. The Fusion looks distinctive, American, and above all, it's instantly recognizable as a FORD. The Falcon looks like a tired blend of every styling cue ever used on a sedan throughout the 1990's -- sort of like the 2006 Impala. At least the Fusion looks new. I agree with you on the Five Hundred, but alas, it's getting a new nose and tail in another year already.

I don't have an argument Stewie. lol It's ugly, case closed. Now as for the massively popular 500 that sold over 100,000 units last year. Toyota sold over 400,000 Camry's last year and Honda sold over 300,000 thousand Accords. So evidently not everyone is devoted to the "distinct American styling" on the Mazda chassis. lol Toyota and Honda have traded off the 1st and 2nd place spot in best selling sedan in the US for the past 12 years. Twelve years Stewie! Nissan has been close behind. Ford has been a distant loser in the segment for a long time now. Listen I hope you're right man. I hope the thing sells like gang busters. Only time will tell. They won't sell one to me because I find the front end to be just ugly. I know I'm not alone because a lot of my friends feel the same way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The 500 at its price point and size is a vehicle with NO COMPETITOR. With the D35 and a minor tweak to the styling and it will fly off the shelves. At the dealer level, nobody I have ever shown the car to bought another vehicle because of its layout, driving dynamics, or content. The NUMBER ONE reason we do not sell every 500 customer is power, plain and simple. Everyone that buys them loves them dearly, and we haven't been able to score a used one yet that would sell for less then new. And kudos for the best steering and pedal feel in any sedan under 50k, its the most natural to drive mainstream sedan I have ever been in.

Change the roofline to the new S80/MKS and break out the 'bars' and throw the god damn D35 and I will help you rock these things out the door ;)

I don't have an argument Stewie. lol It's ugly, case closed. Now as for the massively popular 500 that sold over 100,000 units last year. Toyota sold over 400,000 Camry's last year and Honda sold over 300,000 thousand Accords. So evidently not everyone is devoted to the "distinct American styling" on the Mazda chassis. lol Toyota and Honda have traded off the 1st and 2nd place spot in best selling sedan in the US for the past 12 years. Twelve years Stewie! Nissan has been close behind. Ford has been a distant loser in the segment for a long time now. Listen I hope you're right man. I hope the thing sells like gang busters. Only time will tell. They won't sell one to me because I find the front end to be just ugly. I know I'm not alone because a lot of my friends feel the same way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So you're expecting 2 new sedans to outsell the established Camry and Accord right away? Not a chance...especially with the ragged Taurus still languishing on lots steeling away the bulk of fleet volume from both models. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Five Hundred is bland, but not ugly. I find the Fusion quite attractive. On the other hand, I don't find either the Accord nor the Camry particularly beautiful either. And ummm...the Five Hundred you referred to above uses a Volvo P2 derivitive, not a Mazda chassis.

There's simply no way to design a car to please EVERYBODY. If there was, there would only be one brand of car on the road and everybody would love it.

Yeah I know the 500 is on the Volvo chassis Stewie. I was referring to the Fusion being on the Mazda 6 chassis. But I can see how you got there from what I wrote. Ironically, the Mazda 6 is a better looking car. :lol2: At any rate, this whole notion that a car can't become an instant success is just not ture. The Mustang in 2005 as an example. The 2005 Mustang outsold every sports car on the American market, combined. So overnight success has happened for Ford before. You find the Fusion attractive, that's fine, that's fair. I think it looks fine until you get to the front end and then it's butt ugly. As I said Stewie, only time will tell, but I got a feeling the Fusion isn't going to make any noticeable gains on the Camry or Accord. Although, for the record, I also don't particularly find the Camry or Accord to be all that attractive myself. But they do look better than the Fusion, right now. Now Acura, BMW, Audi, . . . . . the Falcon :lol2: , heck even the Hyundai cars, they all have a better look than the Fusion. That's where I come out on it.

Yeah I know the 500 is on the Volvo chassis Stewie. I was referring to the Fusion being on the Mazda 6 chassis. But I can see how you got there from what I wrote. Ironically, the Mazda 6 is a better looking car. :lol2: At any rate, this whole notion that a car can't become an instant success is just not ture. The Mustang in 2005 as an example. The 2005 Mustang outsold every sports car on the American market, combined. So overnight success has happened for Ford before. You find the Fusion attractive, that's fine, that's fair. I think it looks fine until you get to the front end and then it's butt ugly. As I said Stewie, only time will tell, but I got a feeling the Fusion isn't going to make any noticeable gains on the Camry or Accord. Although, for the record, I also don't particularly find the Camry or Accord to be all that attractive myself. But they do look better than the Fusion, right now. Now Acura, BMW, Audi, . . . . . the Falcon :lol2: , heck even the Hyundai cars, they all have a better look than the Fusion. That's where I come out on it.

I own a Mazda6. I think the Fusion is more attractive. The only thing that kept me from not buying one was the lack of a 5-speed with the V6. So, again, looks are entirely subjective and can't be made the basis for any argument over which model is going to outsell another. Most reviews have said the Fusion's looks are favorable.

Yes, the 2005 Mustang sold well. But it surely wasn't gangbusters compared to other years. The very tired SN95 Mustang sold around 200,000 units as recently as 2000. That's about 40,000 MORE than it sold for 2005. The Mustang has been the best-selling coupe in the U.S. for about the past 18 years, so that's hardly unexpected for the new one to do well. It was hardly an overnight success, unless you go way back to the 64 1/2 introduction. THAT was susprising.

The Fusion and Five Hundred are NEW nameplates, and as such, they typically don't land in the marketplace with a huge bang. There are very few exceptions to that rule. Market share is usually acquired over a long period of time as brand recognition becomes greater, not all at once. They are gaining momentum and if you don't think they will take a chunk out of Camry and Accord sales, you're kidding yourself. Yes, I agree they won't OUTSELL the Honyota's, but they will certainly be competitive.

This has just become some silly assed "who's gonna get the last word" contest. We aren't doing anything but rehashing the same crap we've been saying the last 5 posts. So go ahead, if you just gotta get the last word. lol

This has just become some silly assed "who's gonna get the last word" contest. We aren't doing anything but rehashing the same crap we've been saying the last 5 posts. So go ahead, if you just gotta get the last word. lol

WORD! :happy feet:

Rapper%20Hugi.jpg

Let us agree to disagree. Time will tell which one of us is right. :shrug:

Edited by NickF1011

Hi group. I will just add my opinion here on the Fusion. When I first seen pics of it in October, I thought it looked a strange, odd or in sixcav terms, ugly. A week later I went by the dealership and they hay had 2 on the lot. The photos didn't do it justice. It didn't look that bad. They had a red and tungsten gray. Well long story short, I placed an order for a Dark Pearl Blue 2 days later.

I think the big grill & oval looks better on the blue than some of the other colors. As for the headlights, it's nice not have the same old- same old. My wife (primary driver of the Fusion) has had 2 Camrys & she loves the looks of the front end. She squealed like a little girl (she is in late 40's) when the salesman called us to pick it up. There was no reaction like that when buying the Camrys. Just buying transportation, that's all. The old adage comes to mind here, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.".

We (she) didn't consider the 500 as it "looked to plain". With a little styling rework, I think they will sell to a younger crowd. Most 500/Montego drivers I have seen appear to be late 50's/60's.

Well, I hope you guys are right. I haven't gone by my Ford dealer yet to see a Fusion in person. Just the photos I've seen on-line and on commercials and such. I'll go by my Ford dealer and get a face to face and see if it changes my mind any. It would be great if the Fusion would just destroy the Camry in retail sales. But right now I'm still not holding out any hope. We shall see.

Guest Sixcav

Ok I went by a Ford dealer the other night to see this Fusion in person. I'm still not impressed. The front end just ruins it. If they would just shave a couple inches off the top of those headlamps, it would be awesome.

Well you can't make everyone like any car's style(remember people bought Aztecks, SSR's, and Ridgelines and proudly wash them). After selling Toyota blobs for a while, I like it a lot. And wtf is up with the new accord's ass, that is the ugliest bumper ever put on a car :shrug: My main pet peeve is that they should of spent a few extra bucks and just put chromie tail pipe extentions on every model. It really detracts from the look with the plain pipes. We may start doing it ourselves anyway at the dealer.

Edited by kevinb120