2007's Most Impressive and dispointing vehicles...

silvrsvt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I am pretty sure these 4 million Consumer Reports subscribers never pay attention to it at all.

So typical of this place. All you ever from you guys around here is how consumer reports is so biased and various media sources can't be taken seriously because they are so anti-domestic or anti-Ford. Until they say something you like and then we are all supposed to take them seriously. LOL Get outta here hypocrite.

So typical of this place. All you ever from you guys around here is how consumer reports is so biased and various media sources can't be taken seriously because they are so anti-domestic or anti-Ford. Until they say something you like and then we are all supposed to take them seriously. LOL Get outta here hypocrite.

Hail Lord Blackhorse, lol, but seriously, he is right. As much as we hate CR, people do read it.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Most of Chrysler's products are horrendous looking. The interiors on all of them are nothing but plastic boxes and bins stacked and arranged around each other. Jeeps are Jeeps and I guess they look the part ok on their exteriors. Everything else short of the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger are complete styling disasters and even as those two cars are they need evolution and improvement.

As far as the Fusion and Milan goes there are a lot of right things about these cars and continuous attention to refine and tweak them will assure success. The only thing that puts me off is I cannot see myself in four doors. I'd like a coupe version.

Edited by Watchdevil

Stupid redneck, CR is biased but people still use it.

Why don't you go and drive your Camero mmk?

Stupid redneck, CR is biased but people still use it.

Why don't you go and drive your Camero mmk?

I don't much care for Camaro's and Lincolns are for stodgy old goats. lol Be consistent!!! Either CR is biased and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously or they are right and should be taken seriously. You can't have it one way when they bash the cars you like and the other way when they say something nice about them, otherwise you can't be taken seriously.

I don't much care for Camaro's and Lincolns are for stodgy old goats. lol Be consistent!!! Either CR is biased and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously or they are right and should be taken seriously. You can't have it one way when they bash the cars you like and the other way when they say something nice about them, otherwise you can't be taken seriously.

he didn't say they should be takes seriously, he said that they are, and he is correct about that and you know it.

he didn't say they should be takes seriously, he said that they are, and he is correct about that and you know it.

Yes he is right about that, which is why my response is "Who gives a shit what CR or MSN say." Why? Because they are biased. I don't care if a lot of people use them, they are biased therefore I don't care what they report and neither should any of you if you are so against the bias that exists there. But he couldn't leave it alone at that could he? No he had to make some smart ass remark like

Yeah, I am pretty sure these 4 million Consumer Reports subscribers never pay attention to it at all.

So he gets as good as he gives. I don't care if 4 million people read CR. It's a biased magazine. My own father swears by the damn thing and I tell him all the time that their views are biased. So I don't care if 10 million people read it. They are all wrong. I don't need or want to quote good news from a biased magazine that otherwise won't give domestic cars a fair shake. I don't need to hold them up as a example of something good the few times they do give them a fair shake. Either take a stand with or against them, but dammit be a man and quit playing both sides of the fence.

So he gets as good as he gives. I don't care if 4 million people read CR. It's a biased magazine. My own father swears by the damn thing and I tell him all the time that their views are biased. So I don't care if 10 million people read it. They are all wrong. I don't need or want to quote good news from a biased magazine that otherwise won't give domestic cars a fair shake. I don't need to hold them up as a example of something good the few times they do give them a fair shake. Either take a stand with or against them, but dammit be a man and quit playing both sides of the fence.

Dude... Yes, they are biased, and yes I would never use their magazine for anything except maybe just maybe as toilet paper, but Camcord buyers orgasm all over it and if there's a way Ford can use CR just like how it has been abused by Toyota and Honka then good for them. Your father swears by them, if they hyped the Fusion and told him "Go move your old ass to a Ford dealer and buy it" he would do it in a second.

Overall, they're biased but this is media and Ford should try using media to support them, I would probably still not read/use CR even if they support Ford.

Maybe, but to me they just scream cheap.

That they do. I installed lift rods on the hood of my Mustang and they work awesome and make it look oh so much better...not to mention how much easier it is to work under the hood now. The price? A whole $70-some bucks. Direct from a supplier, they probably wouldn't cost Ford more than $10.

That they do. I installed lift rods on the hood of my Mustang and they work awesome and make it look oh so much better...not to mention how much easier it is to work under the hood now. The price? A whole $70-some bucks. Direct from a supplier, they probably wouldn't cost Ford more than $10.

To me it is just as important to have lift struts n the hood as it is a tailgate. I could imagine if Ford could get away with it they would make prop rods for tailgates just to pad profitability...

Edited by Watchdevil

That is one of the things I don't like about my Fusion (and "the brick" and the placement of the HVAC controls). It's so much nicer when I change the oil in my wife's LS because I don't have to dick with a prop rod.

That is one of the things I don't like about my Fusion (and "the brick" and the placement of the HVAC controls). It's so much nicer when I change the oil in my wife's LS because I don't have to dick with a prop rod.

Yeah, the Magnum has a prop rod, but the Charger and 300 don't so it annoys me all of the time. The worst part, the attachments exist on the car, but not the hood...

Which blinders would those be? The ones indicating a 6.4% increase of sales year-over-year for the MKZ? I mean after all you are the one that indicated awards don't mean dick unless they translate into sales.

Yeah. The MkZ went up at the expense of Milan sales. Total sales of the triplets are still down for the month. :redcard:

Yeah. The MkZ went up at the expense of Milan sales. Total sales of the triplets are still down for the month. :redcard:

I doubt it went up at the expense of the Milan. The Milan is simply headed the same direction as the rest of Mercury -- down the tubes. Lincoln sales are up overall, a good chunk of which can be attributed to the MKZ.

I doubt it went up at the expense of the Milan. The Milan is simply headed the same direction as the rest of Mercury -- down the tubes. Lincoln sales are up overall, a good chunk of which can be attributed to the MKZ.

Mercury should have been flushed years ago.

As for MkZ "taking" from the Milan, that's a good thing. Mercury is going to die anyway and the profit margin on the MkZ is probably better.

Mehhh, I'm not so sure about that. If you have a consumer that comes in looking to spend no more than 22K on a new vehicle, I highly doubt they would even lay eyes on an MKZ. Its not like the pricing is that closely aligned. So where are you getting your information from.

And for the record the only one with a sales decrease was the Milan.