Chrysler Sales

Anthony

Gees, compared to Ford Chrysler appears to have it's shit together. lol The new Wrangler is really kicking ass.

huh? i would love to see the rental numbers, becasue i know for a fact at about 10 different rental companies at mitchel intl have all Chrysler products.. i mean i see brand new sebrings, avengers, chargers etc.. even jeeps.. i see a ton see focus now, seems to caliber is replacing it.. and the old taurus is about gone.

chrysler must have been selling 300k of rentals to say they are cutting back bigtime.. because i just dont see to many of thier new cars on road.. i have seen more new taurus on road so far then the new avenger or sebring combined.

huh? i would love to see the rental numbers, becasue i know for a fact at about 10 different rental companies at mitchel intl have all Chrysler products.. i mean i see brand new sebrings, avengers, chargers etc.. even jeeps.. i see a ton see focus now, seems to caliber is replacing it.. and the old taurus is about gone.

chrysler must have been selling 300k of rentals to say they are cutting back bigtime.. because i just dont see to many of thier new cars on road.. i have seen more new taurus on road so far then the new avenger or sebring combined.

The last rental numbers I saw around June was Chrysler was at 36%, Ford 34%.

If we are going to use personal observations as a guide, I've seen as many Fusions and Mustangs in the Bay Area with barcodes on their windows as I have Avenger and Sebrings.

I agree - Chrysler's plan looks like it is starting to work. Hopefully Ford can do the same thing in the near future.

Fleet numbers. Not rental.

Ford sells a much larger portion of its fleet to government and commercial buyers as opposed to daily rental agencies.

You may be right but I have tried to find numbers that substantiate that. Do you know of any current numbers for the 2007 model year?

You may be right but I have tried to find numbers that substantiate that. Do you know of any current numbers for the 2007 model year?

just from the last sales numbers from ford.. their rental was 6% or something? i see plenty of Government, or comany use fords.. i suspect those are decent sales as they arent rock bottom pricing like to rental companys.

just from the last sales numbers from ford.. their rental was 6% or something? i see plenty of Government, or comany use fords.. i suspect those are decent sales as they arent rock bottom pricing like to rental companys.

Read the Ford press release on their site, says daily rentals are down to 7% of total volume.

As for Chrysler....a few bright spots, but eek, their midsize sedans are REALLY not catching on....AT ALL. And what happened to the poor Liberty? A year or so ago that was one of the best-selling (THE best for a few months) small SUV's on the market.

What would one expect when Chrysler apologied for the Sebring and Avenger saying they underestimated the compeition. Basically saying "hey, we put out crap, sorry"

The Liberty, I think would be better with a different design language, it is for women but Jeep turned it into a mini commander clone. They should of just accepted it for what it is and played into the customer base. Also maybe the sales declined because the new one is making its way to dealers?

What would one expect when Chrysler apologied for the Sebring and Avenger saying they underestimated the compeition. Basically saying "hey, we put out crap, sorry"

The Liberty, I think would be better with a different design language, it is for women but Jeep turned it into a mini commander clone. They should of just accepted it for what it is and played into the customer base. Also maybe the sales declined because the new one is making its way to dealers?

Or sales decline because the Liberty sucks and no one wants to buy another one unless they can get another $99/month lease. If you live around metro Detroit you know how insane some Chrysler offers are.

Every person that bought a big SUV with 4WD to impress someone is finally realizing that all they need is a bigger vehicle with better gas mileage (aka Minivan) but still wants style and occasional AWD for the North (aka CUV).

The Explorer is a relic in a sense. It does not really share a platform with any other Ford. It also is pretty space inefficient and gets pretty poor mileage (my mom has one, I've driven it plenty. It's nice, but Ford could do better if it was car based like the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave). They shouldn't ignore it, but they should lead it to a common platform that maintains the integrity of the Explorer name. An Explorer that had 4x4 capability and got 22mpg overall would sell like beer to college students.

As an Explorer owner, let me challenge you with this point. Space inefficient as compared to what? Trailblazer? Acadia? Edge? Pilot? Poor gas mileage as compared to what? Acadia?

I think that the current Explorer is a best in class platform that needs engine updates and a vastly better restyling that what the joke of an update the 05 was. What makes it good is lack of a common (car) platform with the utility of a SUV for towing. Do not ignore the millions of people that have bought the Explorer and force them to a car based Taurus X or Flex. Offer them choices (like a small diesel) and let the market drive what sells.

As an Explorer owner, let me challenge you with this point. Space inefficient as compared to what? Trailblazer? Acadia? Edge? Pilot? Poor gas mileage as compared to what? Acadia?

I think that the current Explorer is a best in class platform that needs engine updates and a vastly better restyling that what the joke of an update the 05 was. What makes it good is lack of a common (car) platform with the utility of a SUV for towing. Do not ignore the millions of people that have bought the Explorer and force them to a car based Taurus X or Flex. Offer them choices (like a small diesel) and let the market drive what sells.

It's space inefficient compared to a minivan, and if you drive one you know the mileage sucks. When 30k+ people a month bought Explorers, I'd bet only 10k bought Explorers, the other 20k bought the popular SUV other soccer moms had. That's the point I'm making here. Do I think Ford should abandon the Explorer? NO. But at the same time, I can't see how they can support an independent platform for 120,000 sales a year.

A completely restyled Explorer with more efficient engines (fvck that 4.0L and get a small diesel) would be a tremendous offering. I think sometimes Ford forgets that when people buy a new car they want other people to notice and not think they have a 5 year old car.

It's space inefficient compared to a minivan, and if you drive one you know the mileage sucks. When 30k+ people a month bought Explorers, I'd bet only 10k bought Explorers, the other 20k bought the popular SUV other soccer moms had. That's the point I'm making here. Do I think Ford should abandon the Explorer? NO. But at the same time, I can't see how they can support an independent platform for 120,000 sales a year.

A completely restyled Explorer with more efficient engines (fvck that 4.0L and get a small diesel) would be a tremendous offering. I think sometimes Ford forgets that when people buy a new car they want other people to notice and not think they have a 5 year old car.

It could live without an independent platform, and Ford SHOULD find a way to get it and the Ranger back onto a shared architecture. The 4.0 is on the way out the door. I imagine a version of the 3.5 or 3.7 will make its way in to replace it.

It could live without an independent platform, and Ford SHOULD find a way to get it and the Ranger back onto a shared architecture. The 4.0 is on the way out the door. I imagine a version of the 3.5 or 3.7 will make its way in to replace it.

I agree, same platform but with a ground up reskin and a ranger based off the platform with modern styling. I am amazed at what we can fit in the vehicle with passengers and luggage with reasonable trailer towing and a size that fits in our garage and is nimble.

Maybe it's because I'm a guy but I actually like the styling of the new liberty. The previous version in stock configuration did look somewhat feminine but with a set of good wheels and tires, and some off road lighting on the roof it could look pretty manly. But personally I'm not sure if Jeep should make it a point to put a product that appeals to only women.

Down as planned? What does that really mean? Ford has been consistently putting hard numbers in their press releases. Chrysler hasn't.

I don't know what it means man. I was just making the point. Let's not be so quick to say it's all rental car sales, it may or may not be. Just trying to be objective. Stewie. lol