SPORT PACKAGE HELPS FUSION STAND OUT

range

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it offer a DSG? No, it does not. Therefore some of us still like manuals.

Now let me ask you this, is it worth putting a manual to satisfy Nick and his 10 buddies who MIGHT and I will have to say it again and underline it and bold it and heck why not increase it's size to 6, MIGHT buy it, when in a year or two maybe three it will be replaced with a DCT? Is really worth arranging a deal with a supplier for the 10 or the 20 people who will pick it up? If your answer is yes then please refrain to reply because if you do I won't do the same.

Those wheels look kinda silly.....

What Ford should have done is:

-Added firmer springs

-A bigger rear anti-roll bar

-A retuned version of the D30, even if it does run on premium

-A revised air intake

-Better bolstered seats

-A three spoke thicker steering wheel

Everything else I could have done without. The above mentioned items are already on the shelf or can be developed at a reasonable cost. If I were in the market right now an SEL V6 AWD w/o the so called sports package would suffice.

Now let me ask you this, is it worth putting a manual to satisfy Nick and his 10 buddies who MIGHT and I will have to say it again and underline it and bold it and heck why not increase it's size to 6, MIGHT buy it, when in a year or two maybe three it will be replaced with a DCT? Is really worth arranging a deal with a supplier for the 10 or the 20 people who will pick it up? If your answer is yes then please refrain to reply because if you do I won't do the same.

Actually, I'm going to defer here. If Ford can get more sales by selling fake sport to people, I'm all for it.

I have never understood peoples fascination with high hp cars. There comes a point where it is too high. Most people don't care. That's why they buy I4's. The fusion handles very well. I've driven it.

It could be better. While weight transition is good during aggressive maneuvers, the car could use a bit more damping and body control

Edited by Michael Reynolds

I have never understood peoples fascination with high hp cars. There comes a point where it is too high. Most people don't care. That's why they buy I4's. The fusion handles very well. I've driven it.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever owned a pony car or a sports car? I ask only because in my experience once you have owned one of those anything less is a disappointment.

I really like my Thunderbird but have been frustrated with it's weight, power and the fact that I couldn't get it with a manual ever since I bought the thing, despite the fact it has 260 horsies.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever owned a pony car or a sports car? I ask only because in my experience once you have owned one of those anything less is a disappointment.

I really like my Thunderbird but have been frustrated with it's weight, power and the fact that I couldn't get it with a manual ever since I bought the thing, despite the fact it has 260 horsies.

No, but we do have a dodge magnum with perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

I no longer care if they offer the Fusion with a manual or not. It has pretty much been scratched forever from my possible shopping list anyway.

I no longer care if they offer the Fusion with a manual or not. It has pretty much been scratched forever from my possible shopping list anyway.

Have you heard we might get a different Mazda6 from Europe? I saw the one they are getting and if we don't get it i'll be pissed.

Have you heard we might get a different Mazda6 from Europe? I saw the one they are getting and if we don't get it i'll be pissed.

I've heard, but again, I don't really care, since the Mazda6 is likely off my next-car shopping list too. Don't get me wrong, it has been a great car, but I just plan on stepping up a bit with my next purchase. Would be sort of silly to sell two different cars in two different markets that serve identical roles though. At least Ford is finally fixing that with the next gen Fusion/Mondeo....seems kind of odd to see that Mazda might go the OPPOSITE direction.

Go test drive a V8 Mustang or an RX-8, then get back to us.

I've been living with a 08 VW Jetta as a rental the past week or so, has an I5 with 170/170ish HP and Torque numbers and even with a 6 speed automatic, its a "sporty" car. I'd buy one if I got a stick (personal preference since all my cars have been 5/6 speeds) and it wasn't as unreliable as VW's have been. This is coming from someone with a 300HP 06 Mustang GT.

That doesn't make sense. Chrome can't be black and be chrome.

Sure it can. Just by fiddling with the layers of metals used you can alter the appearance of chrome cladding. They can also add dye coatings to the surface. Here's one example I found: http://www.muellercorp.com/decorativechrome.htm Considering the grille is plastic though, it's probably accomplished in this case just by adding some sort of dye to the mix.

Edited by NickF1011

Sure it can. Just by fiddling with the layers of metals used you can alter the appearance of chrome cladding. Considering the grille is plastic though, it's probably accomplished in this case just by adding some sort of dye to the mix.

I wouldn't consider that chrome then. But hey, smoked/black "chrome" doesn't look that bad.