Mich. should share water, N.M. governor says

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky bastards. We were ahead of normal until about a month ago. Now Bismarck is falling behind again.

Part of the drought cycle, I suppose. I wonder why we say 'normal' instead of 'average'.

If you've seen a normal North or South Dakota summer, fall, or winter, would you let me know what it looks like?

No point talking about spring. I don't think we have one.

Pioneer: Set some nukes off on the fault lines keeping California attached the the continental U.S. Then as California falls off in the the ocean (where it belongs), you can build desalination plants along the Nevada coast.

Pioneer: And I wasn't trying to be funny. They want our water, I want California to fall off the continent. If they can make my wish happen, we'll talk about what they want.

Do you think Californians harbor these thoughts about Michigan?

OAC Sparky, please stop shaking your head and work on your reading comprehension skills.

I did not say that Pioneer represented any one but Pioneer.

The UAW has a PR problem with the car buying public. This is a public forum. Even those Ford employee threads are available to any one that cares to read them. The majority of readers here are either customers, potential customers, or investors. I was suggesting that the kind of attitude that Pioneer, an auto worker, was demonstrating was not helpful to the interests of UAW auto workers.

I was not bashing the UAW. I am pro union. I am not pro stupid.

The topic here is about a politician that wants to appropriate (steal) water from the Great Lakes in order to buy votes in Nevada. This can be acknowledged as a stupid idea with out suggesting that California become one with the fishes. And yes, Bill Richardson was missing out on the point that it was Canadian water he was trying to steal, but what do you expect from politicians; they really don't care whose property they are stealing.

Here's an idea: the new Nevada, Arizona, California package F150 includes 100 gallons of genuine Michigan water.

Just to point out, humans have been living in the American deserts since way before Columbus. So, this 'no human should' is BS. Swapland cnabe jsut as unlivable.

Also, NE water should be sold, then $$ used to retrain laid off workers. Meaning teach them life skills, such as being able to land on thier feet if they lose a job, not just expect a lifetime screwing in light bulbs.

Just to point out, humans have been living in the American deserts since way before Columbus. So, this 'no human should' is BS. Swapland cnabe jsut as unlivable.

Also, NE water should be sold, then $$ used to retrain laid off workers. Meaning teach them life skills, such as being able to land on thier feet if they lose a job, not just expect a lifetime screwing in light bulbs.

Those people also didn't utilize water for faux lakes/ponds, nor did they water plants and golf courses either. Also if you take note most of the Native Americans that lived in the Southwest, lived near sources of water and there weren't millions of them occupying one given space.

do you westerners think us so low, like we need your charity? do we look stupid enough to give up our precious natural resources to you so you can continue to take our best and brightest?

there is a consequence to uncontrolled and unplanned growth.

this is it.

las Vegas is the poster boy for this growth pattern.

Cleveland's water system has the capasity to support 2.5 million peopleits only serving 1.4 million right now.