Ford's October Sales Up a Little

Probably a little premature for Field's to talk about October sales on the 15th of the month, but I guess they are up so far. Pipas did that a few months ago and was left with lots of mud on his shoes by end of month:

DETROIT, Oct 15 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co's (F.N: Quote, Profile, Research) U.S. October sales are up slightly from a year earlier, the automaker's preisdent of Ford's Americas unit said on Monday.

"They are up a little bit so far," he said, adding that the figures could change "quite a bit" in the last 10 days of the month.

http://www.reuters.com/article/tnBasicIndu...536522120071015

oh and I told you so ... Ford now has 12 months of disciplined sales .. no more fire sales, no more fleet duping .,. and their Y-over-Y numbers will be MUCH more stable - even if in October they still show some decline

Igor

Let's hope Ford sales can maintain momentum through rest of month and Ford for first time in long time can report higher year to year sales for month of October. Hopefully Ford is getting word out to Dealers to try extra hard this month. It would really help morale for everyone who cares about Ford. If every dealer could even sell just one extra car this month, it would help a lot. I know I need it as I'm tired of seeing sales down 15%+ every fricking month. I will take ONE month. Then get greedy later. :hyper:

I dont' think October will end up. I still think it will end down 5-8%. I'm betting that November will end up with the Sync promo finally realizing sales and the new Focus campaign bringing people to dealerships on top of a slow month last year.

December should be similar to October maybe a bit closer to flat. But, rest assured, barring a complete tanking of the market, double digit declines should be rare occurances from here on out.

Then we start next year where overall sales will probably be flat to slightly down (5-10%) throughout the fist 6 months and flat to slightly up over the back half of the year assuming that the industry holds up for an overall flat year for Ford (maybe slight decline in marketshare due to further reduced rental fleet sales, but retail should be steady).

Probably a little premature for Field's to talk about October sales on the 15th of the month, but I guess they are up so far. Pipas did that a few months ago and was left with lots of mud on his shoes by end of month:

DETROIT, Oct 15 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co's (F.N: Quote, Profile, Research) U.S. October sales are up slightly from a year earlier, the automaker's preisdent of Ford's Americas unit said on Monday.

"They are up a little bit so far," he said, adding that the figures could change "quite a bit" in the last 10 days of the month.

I would like to know where Ford will be gaining these sales. Last month, Ford sold 189K units in the US. In October 2006, they sold 215K Units. Knowing that the old Taurus volume is gone and that Ford is starting from a 21K hole, where is the extra volume coming from that will add 26K units to the September totals?

He probably meant retail and not combined fleet and retail, in which case, we can chop off all 21k Taurus sales and see that with similar fleet mix to September, it wouldn't take much to be up, even though overall would be down... which is why I still think that October will be down 5-8% to something like 200k flat.

I would like to know where Ford will be gaining these sales. Last month, Ford sold 189K units in the US. In October 2006, they sold 215K Units. Knowing that the old Taurus volume is gone and that Ford is starting from a 21K hole, where is the extra volume coming from that will add 26K units to the September totals?

Taurus was being phased out already last october ... removing most of the hump we see 2006 v 2007 .. but whatevs ..we have 10 days till the deal thing .. let's wait.

Igor

Taurus was being phased out already last october ... removing most of the hump we see 2006 v 2007 .. but whatevs ..we have 10 days till the deal thing .. let's wait.

Igor

Perhaps you should check out the October "old" Taurus sales results from Oct 2006.

Perhaps you should check out the October "old" Taurus sales results from Oct 2006.

Yeah, they were still over 20,000 for the month.

Now, October 2006 sales were up 8% compared to the same time in 2005.

If that's true, has Ford now replaced those old Taurus sales with new products?

Yeah, they were still over 20,000 for the month.

Now, October 2006 sales were up 8% compared to the same time in 2005.

If that's true, has Ford now replaced those old Taurus sales with new products?

Well, just a small spike in Fusion and Escape sales could account for a good chunk of it. If F-series sales steady out, I can see it happening. Not holding my breath, but they could see a tiny gain.